![]() |
|
|
#901 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
|
Anyone know if the actual Baxter Stockman will have those red claws or the original grey?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#902 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
|
Unfortunately Baxter will have the red claws and not the grey ones as I saw him in box at the toy fair in some videos where they show figures on display and you see him with red claws in box. That is the main reason everyone hates his figure even though the red claws and his size are the only complaints on him.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#903 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
|
Quote:
Thanks for answering... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#904 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
I guess they figured they'd better add some color SOMEWHERE since it's clearly not through well-executed paint apps :p
Yeah baxter is the most disappointing figure of wave 4. he's gonna be pegwarming the shell out of TMNT displays everywhere this year. |
|
|
|
|
|
#905 | |
|
Will not be censored
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
|
This is an easy repaint...I will definitely be getting him.
__________________
Quote:
TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER on eBay International shipping assistance: [email protected] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#906 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
|
So,,Kraang and April are out now?
However, a Ninja Gear April and Kra(a)ng (Prime) will rectify this. |
|
|
|
|
|
#907 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
|
So,,Kraang and April are gone now?
However, a Ninja Gear April and Kra(a)ng (Prime) will rectify this. Edit: Sorry for the double post |
|
|
|
|
|
#908 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
|
Now I must ask for all your inputs on why you think Baxter is the worst of wave 4. I understand that Dog Pound had poor paint and Fishface should have had an articulated jaw, but is everyone really going to say the one villain who has arms, legs, knees, head, and elbows is the worst all because of some red claws? I never understood what's with all the hate on him and I'd like to know what the deal is. Also my personal theory is that they accidentally gave Stockman red claws when they should have gave the red paint to Snakeweed's tentacles, but that's just my guess. I mean come on he even has a waist joint which makes him by far the most articulated villain so far.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#909 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
|
Personally, I think Baxter is the worst of his wave because it's a figure of him wearing a robotic suit we'll most likely never see him in again. His fancy red nails don't help, but I can't say that they're the reason I'm passing on him. In-fact, only figure from the wave that I am getting is Leatherhead.
As for future case ratios, I'll be surprised if the cases containing wave four (aka Leatherhead, Stockman, and Snakeweed), have any figures from the first two waves. You can't expect them to constantly ship out more of the first figures with every new wave. Would just make finding those new figures even harder to find.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#910 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
|
Can someone (re)post a pic of these supposed red claws? I've yet to see one, unless I missed it. Any photos of the figure I've seen thus far don't have red claws. Regardless, easy paint fix as someone said.
I won't lie, even if the figure is released looking like arse, I'll probably purchase one... as will some of you, don't lie!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#912 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
|
Well with that said, I can't speak for everyone, but overall I think Snakeweed is the best figure in this wave since he's relatively tall and has pretty good articulation with those hidden knee joints. Leatherhead would've been the best if it weren't for his clearly distracting small stature and disappointing articulation I mean no jaw articulation come on he's a gator and he can't open his mouth? I bet most of you can relate to my point of view and again just my opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#913 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#915 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
|
Well I'm only establishing these problems because I love how Snakeweed turned out and I want to be sure that he's probably the best in this wave so he can become more popular because he is a great figure and not just because everyone else had more problems than him. Then again, Snakeweed hardly has as many issues as Leatherhead or Stockman as they have more critical and more glaring problems and so forth while Snakeweed only has a very few issues.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#916 |
|
Leatherhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
|
I'm still hoping that somewhere down the road we get a Deluxe Leatherhead figure that is properly scaled and everything. We still have two seasons ahead of us, so you never know!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#917 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
I so want those ooze vehicles and patrol buggies! I wish they'd hurry the heck up and get here
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#918 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
baxter looks stoned... doesn't look angry or formidable at all. He literally looks like he is BORED which is probably how the designers felt when making this figure. I'm really interested in seeing what customers could do with him... a change of facial expression could go a long way towards improving the figure. And of course, making his armor look cooler. A chrome finish would look pretty sweet.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#919 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
|
I plan on shaving down his eyebrows and repainting them to look more antagonistic. I'll probably use some chrome/steel pain on his metallic body armor. I'll post pictures when I get him finished.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#920 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
|
For all the bad these guys are, it's still better than Jazwares's garbage. I sometimes feel like I'm Leatherhead and Jazwares is the Kraang.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|