The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #21
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i want some of those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures comic
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #22
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
If I may make a few suggestions.

1. The line between the 2003 show and the Dreamwave comics should be dotted instead of solid (based on what other lines indicate).

2. There should be a dotted line from the Mirage Universe to the 87 show and the Movies (since they all sprung from "Turtle Prime" and it already has a dotted line to the 2003 show).

3. The "Archie Future" and "Archie Distant Future" don't really need to be there. They're the same universe as the present-time Archie stories and aren't from a different titled comic book.
Thanks for criticism, but I think you may be wrong at all.

1. The Dreamwave series has its own consistence plot, which nevertheless doesn't contradict the TV series at all. So they complement each other, because of that the line is not dotted.

2. I've connected Mirage Universe and TV series 2003 with dotted line just because plot of TV series was mostly based on Mirageverse. And TV series 1987 has absolutely all-new plot. But you're right about the movies.

3. If you read the TMNT Adventures series well, you should know about differences between Present Time and Future Time. In the Future Mutanimals died from the hands of Maligna who invaded the Earth and caused an ecological cataclism before she was stopped. In Present time Mutanimals died from the hand of Gang of Four, led by Mr. Null, and Maligna died before she invaded the Earth. As well as Distant Future we've seen in TMNTA #44 is just an alternate timeline, events of which are not necessary gonna happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've also seen the cover to TMNT Adventures #14 in its redrawn Division Comics form. I wonder if that issue also got the redraw treatment. Looks like Manuel Conde followed the original page layouts and poses very closely.

Do you have any scans of some of his original work? (I've seen one here).
Yes, but I think #14 is just a reprint with the redrawn cover. I believe, Las Tortugas Ninja was the first serious work of Manuel Conde so he was learning by redrawing works of other artists. I have issues #3-8, 17-23, 25, 28-32, 34, 36, 38, 40-45, 49-53, most of them have original stories, but I didn't make the scans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I really think you should start an official Mexican "Las Tortugas Ninja" Comics thread over in the comics section. I started one for the UK Hero Turtles brand a few years back and it has been a good repository for information on the Fleetway series and other products.
Not a bad idea =)
__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #23
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
1. The Dreamwave series has its own consistence plot, which nevertheless doesn't contradict the TV series at all. So they complement each other, because of that the line is not dotted.

2. I've connected Mirage Universe and TV series 2003 with dotted line just because plot of TV series was mostly based on Mirageverse. And TV series 1987 has absolutely all-new plot. But you're right about the movies.

3. If you read the TMNT Adventures series well, you should know about differences between Present Time and Future Time. In the Future Mutanimals died from the hands of Maligna who invaded the Earth and caused an ecological cataclism before she was stopped. In Present time Mutanimals died from the hand of Gang of Four, led by Mr. Null, and Maligna died before she invaded the Earth. As well as Distant Future we've seen in TMNTA #44 is just an alternate timeline, events of which are not necessary gonna happen.
1. That's true for the first few issues, but then it started doing its own thing. Main issue would be that kid that works for April (and even though it was never printed, the T4 story line would have been a major contradiction).

2. The '87 show still had several characters based off of Mirage characters, and when the Mirage turtles started to die in Turtles Forever, the '87 turtles went too. While they're not related in plot, the Mirage Universe is still the ancestor to the '87 show.

3. You're totally right here, I haven't read the Archie series in about a year.


I know this is your collage so I don't mean to bug you, I just like discussing/debating Ninja Turtles lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Here's an interesting looking issue from the Division Comics line:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TEENAGE-MUTANT-N...item2c55feb958

TMNT homage the Beatles! With the whole Mirage crew singing backup!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #25
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
I actually made a multiverse topic a three years ago
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=17478

btw the new movie does not take place in the same continuity as the old three movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

btw the new movie does not take place in the same continuity as the old three movies.
I guess that's a debated issue, with Splinter's trophy case featuring memorabilia from the second and third live action movies and some adventures that look like they came from the 4Kids cartoon or Mirage comic. I would guess there is a direct line between the 2k7 film universe and the 5 prequel comics, then a dotted line between the film and the live action movies/4Kids cartoon.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #27
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I've always just felt that after TMNT 3, the Movie timeline forked, one branch going to Next Mutation, the other going toward the Imagi film and its prequel comics.

There seems to be a lot of heated debate about that idea going on in the main disucssion forum (which I don't go to very often), but I've never had a problem with the idea, myself, and not sure why so many individuals are so violently against it.

Ah well.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
It really isn't a debatable topic, the only thing in common it has with the previous movies is that its a movie.

The trophy case was an easter egg, and the only real link to the old movies is the time scepter which just means these turtles also had an adventure with the time scepter. The prequel comic book also shows Silver Sentry but that doesn't make the movie in continuity with the 2k3 show even if the Silver Sentry had only appeared in the 2k3 show.

The turtles act different, the movie takes place in the late 00's while the originals take place in late 80s/early 90s, April is not a reporter. This universe is just nothing like the movie universe, we also see from the trophy room that they've battled triceratons, thats something I don't see the movie turtles doing since it tended to be more "realistic" while the new movie universe is clearly more sci-fish. The prequel comic also fleshes out this new universe, and how different it is from the old movie universe. And finally the director himself said this wasn't going to be in continuity and only that similar events to the first movie happened that it was a loose sequel all you needed to know was that Shredder had been defeated. The Next Mutation clearly has more ties to the movie universe and is clearly in that universe but I'm not here to debate that since I'm tired of doing it, only that the new movie isn't.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #29
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
The idea about TMNT4 to my understanding was to give us a turtles movie without going out of the way to give us the origins (which most people already know), but to give us a new story rather than a rinse-repeat cycle.

I think the canister, the shredder helm, scepters, silver sentry in the prequels and everything else were all merely references for us bigger fans. I think it's safe to assume that it ISN'T TMNT movie continuity. But merely just movie-verse simply for being movie. Nothing more.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #30
shinefra
Hench Mutant
 
shinefra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: México
Posts: 273
I had those tmnt Division comics y wish I didn´t threw them away

I hope there's someone kind enough to scan them, because I can´t find them anywhere.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Pretty cool man.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
Tortuglio
Thug
 
Tortuglio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Argentina
Posts: 90
To answer to TMNachoT's question (and for anyone else curious), in Argentina they just reprinted the original archie comics with only a few color changes (or errors, as it only happens in minor examples). That was until a point (i can't remember what number or point of the story of archie comics) where they stopped printing the original archie's and started making their own stories with a mishmash of the already printed ones, with changes made over the original drawings. They were afwul stories, repetitive, they never made sense and the reference to pizza, in any way, was tedious. For this stories they also made the covers in the same way (mishmash), and for old numbers they rarely change the original cover. What i never understood about the argentinian print is why the original credits (and the translators) were never written! there were no credits at all! I always thought it was just an illegal printing... who knows.
i 'm a bit late, but hell, better late than never
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Ok, I just asked that because the archie comics were published in argentina, probably they just changed the lenguage, no more...
I feel bad as an argentinian for not knowing this...

Awesome chart btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuglio View Post
I always thought it was just an illegal printing... who knows
Como? Impresiones piratas? en argentina? noooooo, eso ni pensarlo jaja
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
Tortuglio
Thug
 
Tortuglio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Argentina
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
Como? Impresiones piratas? en argentina? noooooo, eso ni pensarlo jaja
Jajaja, totalmente impensado ¿no? Me parecía raro nomás porque siendo una franquicia que explotaba en ese momento, la gente que comercializaba el producto acá me imagino sería más inteligente y publicarían ellos mismos esos cómics, o, si alguien más lo hacía, clausurarlos de una. Además de que aparecían publicidades todo el tiempo de los marcadores de las TMNT de Sylvapen... los cuales podían ser retruchos también. Yo que sé. Sí, es Argentina, todo puede pasar jajaja.

Just a little talk about piracy in Argentina, for the non-spanish speakers.
Tortuglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
multiverse


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.