The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #1061
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Kmarts website has baxter and snake weed, but not available, oddly no leatherhead
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #1062
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
THIS IS SO EXCITING!


The new figures being listed on Kmart.com can only mean one thing...that they'll be in stores soon! They did the same thing with Dogpound, Fishface and Metalhead, they were listed on some websites, and were available in stores a few weeks later. But I wonder, why is Leatherhead being left out of everything? I think I do like Baxter better with the red claws, it's just too bad they couldn't give him metallic paint...here's his bio by the way:
Spoiler:
Baxter Stockman - Evil-minded Mad Scientist

Laughable repairman turned ruthless mad scientist,Baxter Stockman's one bot-bodied evil that's best to avoid! Sporting a battlesuit upgraded with stolen T-tech, this bully brainiac's got a big, Ninja Turtle-sized chip on his shoulder - one he intends to fill with deadly revenge. WEAPONS: High-tech Battlesuit, Kraang Technology TEAM: Foot Clan
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #1063
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
THIS IS SO EXCITING!


The new figures being listed on Kmart.com can only mean one thing...that they'll be in stores soon! They did the same thing with Dogpound, Fishface and Metalhead, they were listed on some websites, and were available in stores a few weeks later. But I wonder, why is Leatherhead being left out of everything? I think I do like Baxter better with the red claws, it's just too bad they couldn't give him metallic paint...here's his bio by the way:
Spoiler:
Baxter Stockman - Evil-minded Mad Scientist

Laughable repairman turned ruthless mad scientist,Baxter Stockman's one bot-bodied evil that's best to avoid! Sporting a battlesuit upgraded with stolen T-tech, this bully brainiac's got a big, Ninja Turtle-sized chip on his shoulder - one he intends to fill with deadly revenge. WEAPONS: High-tech Battlesuit, Kraang Technology TEAM: Foot Clan
My sentiments exactly and best of all the idea of new items for the Easter holiday actually makes sense. THey could actually come out some time this week or the next so lets keep our eyes peeled and hope for the best and good luck for everyone.

Last edited by ShredderX633; 03-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #1064
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Kmarts website has baxter and snake weed, but not available, oddly no leatherhead
I don't know whether to be extremely excited!.. Or extremely scared..
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #1065
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
I don't know whether to be extremely excited!.. Or extremely scared..
I wouldn't worry too much about Leatherhead this wouldn't be the first time we get a figure that doesn't appear on the back of the package. Besides he's already scheduled for April and they usually release 3 new figures a wave why would they only get 2 new ones out? With all the waiting we are given, we should get 3 new ones this wave. You don't worry about him he's a guy you can't keep him down.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #1066
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about Leatherhead this wouldn't be the first time we get a figure that doesn't appear on the back of the package. Besides he's already scheduled for April and they usually release 3 new figures a wave why would they only get 2 new ones out? With all the waiting we are given, we should get 3 new ones this wave. You don't worry about him he's a guy you can't keep him down.
Yeah, you're right. Thanks.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #1067
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
If you're worried about Leatherhead being cancelled or delayed, don't. Leatherhead's a gaurenteed seller. He's a giant mutant alligator for God's sake! If that doesn't fly off the shelves there's something seriously wrong with the toy buying public. You don't even need to be a TMNT fan to appreciate a giant mutant alligator! More toys should be giant mutant alligators!
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #1068
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticturtle View Post
If you're worried about Leatherhead being cancelled or delayed, don't. Leatherhead's a gaurenteed seller. He's a giant mutant alligator for God's sake! If that doesn't fly off the shelves there's something seriously wrong with the toy buying public. You don't even need to be a TMNT fan to appreciate a giant mutant alligator! More toys should be giant mutant alligators!
Haha! Yeah!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #1069
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Could not find any of the newbies. I'm still waiting for Karai as well.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #1070
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I ordered the Shellraiser, all 4 patrol buggies, a Kraang and a Splinter. Can't wait.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #1071
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
I'm hoping my local Walmart gets these
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #1072
chris_chrome
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Me:Hey Playmates, I was wondering why you guys don't have a more specific timeframe for when the new wave will hit retail...I'm not trying to sound smart or demanding or anything...but don't you guys know when your product will be ready to ship out to hit retailers? I don't understand the gap there between early April to May...

Playmates Toys: Hi Chris - we know specifically when each figure goes into production, and when they will reach our warehouse in the US. However, once the retailers pick up the goods from us, we do not control the timing. We know generally how long it takes the goods to be distributed to the stores, but depending on what part of the country the store is located, the timing can vary somewhat. Also, some stores may sell out quicker than others and may take longer to replenish. Leatherhead, Baxter Stockman and Snakeweed should reach retail shelves between late April and May. Hope this helps.
chris_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #1073
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_chrome View Post
Playmates Toys: Hi Chris - we know specifically when each figure goes into production, and when they will reach our warehouse in the US. However, once the retailers pick up the goods from us, we do not control the timing. We know generally how long it takes the goods to be distributed to the stores, but depending on what part of the country the store is located, the timing can vary somewhat. Also, some stores may sell out quicker than others and may take longer to replenish. Leatherhead, Baxter Stockman and Snakeweed should reach retail shelves between late April and May. Hope this helps.

Wow. The very first honest and descriptive answer I have seen from Playmates Toys. Well, this should settle everything.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #1074
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Seeing as how they are commercials featuring the new figures, AND pages for Baxter and Snakeweed on Kmart.com, I think we'll be seeing them fairly soon.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1075
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Not until late April, according to Playmates.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #1076
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_chrome View Post
Me:Hey Playmates, I was wondering why you guys don't have a more specific timeframe for when the new wave will hit retail...I'm not trying to sound smart or demanding or anything...but don't you guys know when your product will be ready to ship out to hit retailers? I don't understand the gap there between early April to May...

Playmates Toys: Hi Chris - we know specifically when each figure goes into production, and when they will reach our warehouse in the US. However, once the retailers pick up the goods from us, we do not control the timing. We know generally how long it takes the goods to be distributed to the stores, but depending on what part of the country the store is located, the timing can vary somewhat. Also, some stores may sell out quicker than others and may take longer to replenish. Leatherhead, Baxter Stockman and Snakeweed should reach retail shelves between late April and May. Hope this helps.
So it looks like we may have to wait a little longer... I am happy that they mentioned Leatherhead with Snakeweed and Baxter though. Thanks for the message Chris.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #1077
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Well he did say should be so at this point anything is possible and I'm still holding out for early April and I want my Snakeweed very badly. I'm even working on a custom on him since I like him so much, I'd figure he be the first custom I attempted to work on.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #1078
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
Not until late April, according to Playmates.
getting close then
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #1079
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
leatherhead not shown -__- also snakeweed is shown to be affiliated with the kraang... I don't think that's true anymore.
Speaking of which, I wonder who's side will Cockroach Terminator, Rat King and Spider Bytez will be on. Maybe that's why they are coming out so much later to decide which team each of them will be on.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #1080
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Speaking of which, I wonder who's side will Cockroach Terminator, Rat King and Spider Bytez will be on. Maybe that's why they are coming out so much later to decide which team each of them will be on.
Good question, those characters don't fit into any of the 3 teams. I can see Spider Bytez being affiliated The Kraang, but I dunno what teams the others would be on.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.