The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #1321
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I hope I am able to find them while people are still paying $20 to $30 for them on eBay.
You will... while it can be challenging to find the new figures in the first one or two weeks i have had no trouble finding them after that. it's the ones that stop getting put in cases that I would worry about. if you are missing any of the current figures, yes even if it's the ooze turtles that seem so common right now, i would buy them while you still can get them at MSRP.

it seems like april and kraang are back in some newer case assortments which is good. but a lot of people think they will release an april 2 at some point, just as they are releasing a splinter 2 and shredder 2.

who knows how hard/easy it will be to find shredder 1 and splinter 1 once that happens? this isn't the 90s when playmates could cover shelves with their figures for years on end. i think pretty much everything is going to have a shorter 'print run' this time around -- except for maybe the basic turtles (though who knows, they may get replaced with the upcoming 'basic-sized storage shell" turtles we saw at toy fair)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #1322
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
it seems like april and kraang are back in some newer case assortments which is good. but a lot of people think they will release an april 2 at some point, just as they are releasing a splinter 2 and shredder 2.
Even if we don't get a resculpted April, I wonder if at some point she will start having her new weapon included as a pack in?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #1323
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
The only way I'll be annoyed about April not coming with her fan is if she really uses it all the time, just as the turtles use their weapons. By the way, do you think Splinter/Shredder 2 will actually have different names then the originals/new bios, or do you think they'll be packed the same way as the current figures of them? I can see them doing that with Shredder, but I don;t know about Splinter...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1324
Mr.turtlefan
Random Punk
 
Mr.turtlefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 21
checked walmart no snakeweed
Mr.turtlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #1325
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The only way I'll be annoyed about April not coming with her fan is if she really uses it all the time, just as the turtles use their weapons. By the way, do you think Splinter/Shredder 2 will actually have different names then the originals/new bios, or do you think they'll be packed the same way as the current figures of them? I can see them doing that with Shredder, but I don;t know about Splinter...
Hmm.. Good question. I have a good feeling the newer cards will have a different character graphic. Not sure about the bio's though..
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #1326
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
I will get Leatherhead when I find him, as well.as Snakeweed. Baxter and the MO turtles are maybes.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #1327
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Oh well I guess there's always next week. I sure hope I find them next week for sure or it's gonna be a sad week for me next week too.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #1328
Mr.turtlefan
Random Punk
 
Mr.turtlefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 21
i found a baxter stockman figure in a toy fair and he had grey claws

http://allhailstarscream.blogspot.co...-for-2013.html
Mr.turtlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #1329
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
OK, I'm in a bar. Yes, another bar. I'm talking to to the owner, and he tells me his father is in Texas. and, he's coming to Shanghai on th 17th....
I get to chatting about Turtles.. Ok, i straight out ask if his dad can get me these new figures!
So, a minute or so later (it may have been longer!) we get a call asking if I want them kept in their asks or not!

It looks like I now may have a set of these arriving in a week or so.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #1330
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
When do the Playmates TMNT Classics release and who carries them?
I want to get Bebop and Rocksteady (they are in the Series 2)
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #1331
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
When do the Playmates TMNT Classics release and who carries them?
I want to get Bebop and Rocksteady (they are in the Series 2)
August is when Bebop and Rocksteady are out.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #1332
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
The Russian guy from today's episode would make a brilliant figure! He looks like a cyborg with his eye.
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #1333
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
OK, I'm in a bar. Yes, another bar. I'm talking to to the owner, and he tells me his father is in Texas. and, he's coming to Shanghai on th 17th....
I get to chatting about Turtles.. Ok, i straight out ask if his dad can get me these new figures!
So, a minute or so later (it may have been longer!) we get a call asking if I want them kept in their asks or not!

It looks like I now may have a set of these arriving in a week or so.
Alright! Congrats dude!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #1334
D-Nizzy
Foot Soldier
 
D-Nizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 182
No luck in the North-Eastern corner of Connecticut yet...
D-Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #1335
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Alright! Congrats dude!
Cheers. If, for any reason, these don't get picked up in Texas, my boss is still heading out to US next month, so there should be no problem getting these.

I am convinced that these will show up on our Taobao site soon, but US toys sell at around double price (my lair set came in at $270) due to postage etc, in much the same way as Hot Toys sell for higher prices over in the US.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1336
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
I got a kraang and a Leatherhead today. The kraang has grey weapons and a super damaged paint job, my other one has little damage and black weapons. My Leatherhead had a faulty tail, the piece in the tail was missing, so the tail won't go in. Do I got out my duct tape and his tail fits perfect. I can shake him by the tail and he won't fall off!
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #1337
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
faulty figures are such a disappointment i just got a batman unlimited batgirl today and one of her legs is very loose... >.< sorry to hear about your LH's tail

they don't make figures like they used to I guess! my original TMNT figures were played with TO DEATH and aside from some scratches on the paint they held up very well
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #1338
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
faulty figures are such a disappointment i just got a batman unlimited batgirl today and one of her legs is very loose... >.< sorry to hear about your LH's tail

they don't make figures like they used to I guess! my original TMNT figures were played with TO DEATH and aside from some scratches on the paint they held up very well
He holds up well, Mikey still loves him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 41 views)
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #1339
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
He holds up well, Mikey still loves him.
How cute! you can't even tell about his tail issue!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #1340
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
He holds up well, Mikey still loves him.
Awesome picture Luigiperps! Congrats on finally finding him! Sorry his tail was broken.. But you did an excellent job fixing him!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.