The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #2261
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I foolishly went to TrU last week hoping to find the '88 Classic 4" figures, but all they had were the newer basic figures. I think I'm going to go again today and see if I can find them.

Wal-Mart also is supposed to have them, too, right?
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #2262
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
...So let me get this straight...you buy things that you don't even like, or better yet, hate?
I never read the reviews before bought them. I thought they were going to be good figures.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #2263
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I foolishly went to TrU last week hoping to find the '88 Classic 4" figures, but all they had were the newer basic figures. I think I'm going to go again today and see if I can find them.

Wal-Mart also is supposed to have them, too, right?
Not foolish at all. I'm not the only one who has spotted the Retro Classic figures at Toys R Us recently

No, Wal-Mart does not carry them... at this time. They are TRU exclusive until we hear otherwise

Good time to check TRU is Thursday mornings in my experience
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #2264
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Not foolish at all. I'm not the only one who has spotted the Retro Classic figures at Toys R Us recently

No, Wal-Mart does not carry them... at this time. They are TRU exclusive until we hear otherwise

Good time to check TRU is Thursday mornings in my experience
In Minnesota (twin cities area) the Toys R Us truck deliveries aren't until late Thursday night/early Friday morning. So shelves don't get restocked usually until Friday afternoon or sometimes as late as Saturday morning.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #2265
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
In Minnesota (twin cities area) the Toys R Us truck deliveries aren't until late Thursday night/early Friday morning. So shelves don't get restocked usually until Friday afternoon or sometimes as late as Saturday morning.
Best I've been able to tell is many TRU get shipments daily but this can vary depending on area and time of year. In the summer it may be twice a week.

I tend to have the best luck Thursday mornings that's all i can say! :p

I don't often check on Fri or Sat, who knows I may even have *better* luck on those days if I had the time :/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #2266
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
The TRU in my area gets shipments every Wednesday and Saturday, so that's when I usually go to check their TMNT stock. One employee told me that they had once received the Retro Classic Turtles, but they sold out and I have not seen them since. I'm gonna check tomorrow and see what I can find.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #2267
orionpaximusprime
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
I foolishly went to TrU last week hoping to find the '88 Classic 4" figures, but all they had were the newer basic figures. I think I'm going to go again today and see if I can find them.

Wal-Mart also is supposed to have them, too, right?
wat? Did not know those existed.
orionpaximusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #2268
LittleBlueHero
Foot Soldier
 
LittleBlueHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 112
Still having no luck finding Rat King in the Detroit Area. Of all the stores I hit up this weekend the Walmarts were the most surprising. They were totally HIT UP, one only had 1 figure the other had 3. A mild spattering of vehicles and communicators...

Before you start... I enjoy the thrill of the hunt... its more exciting for me to find it on the shelf than ordering online.

Also does anyone else organize the racks? I find myself doing it a lot... hanging them by character and version whenever i come across a destroyed toy aisle. I like to make sure the section looks as awesome as it can. Am I alone in this?
__________________
LittleBlueHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #2269
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueHero View Post
Still having no luck finding Rat King in the Detroit Area. Of all the stores I hit up this weekend the Walmarts were the most surprising. They were totally HIT UP, one only had 1 figure the other had 3. A mild spattering of vehicles and communicators...

Before you start... I enjoy the thrill of the hunt... its more exciting for me to find it on the shelf than ordering online.

Also does anyone else organize the racks? I find myself doing it a lot... hanging them by character and version whenever i come across a destroyed toy aisle. I like to make sure the section looks as awesome as it can. Am I alone in this?
Same here I do that all the time check targets for them and good luck
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #2270
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueHero View Post
Also does anyone else organize the racks? I find myself doing it a lot... hanging them by character and version whenever i come across a destroyed toy aisle. I like to make sure the section looks as awesome as it can. Am I alone in this?
That you are not. I try to do this whenever I can...if the aisle is pretty empty I'll do it, but if there's a lot of people there looking at the turtle section I won't..but the aisle is only usually full in TRU, I almost always get to organize the shelves at Walmart and Kmart. I put rarer characters like April, Kraang, Leatherhead, Snakeweed etc. in the front so kids can get to them easily
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #2271
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
So I got all the 4 inch classics and I'm really happy with them. Now if I could only find Ratking, Cockroach, and stealth Mikey I'd have all the basic figures.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #2272
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I was looking at my local toys r us for the turtle lair. No luck, I only saw it in the big city. Guess I'll have to go there next week.

As I was browsing the turtle aisle, I saw a family browsing nearby. A little boy in red shirt and shorts literally paused and gasped when he saw the turtle figures. He begged his father to buy him "the red one" as he was searching for said figure, and kept asking what are their names. The man was half bald middle aged looking, and was pushing a baby stroller and I was quite surprised he named all of the figures correctly: Donatello, Michelangelo, April, etc. without much of a glance at them. When the boy kept pestering him to buy, he said no because they already planned to pick him a dinosaur as that's why they were there. I was thinking of giving the boy some money but then it'll be weird to accept something from a stranger..

Then he saw the turtle weapons. All 4 of them were there. He looked at them one at a time each and finally picked up Raph's sais and showed them to his father. The man's eyes bulged and asked "are you going to beat people up with these?" LOL. They then proceeded to the checkout with the weapons.

How sweet.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #2273
demoman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 25
Here you go, the first close up demo of the throw n battle turtles.



pixel dan showed it off for toy fair but it wasn't as involved a demo.
demoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #2274
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
I saw people talking all about the retro stuff and wondered what everyone was talking about. I haven't seen any of them around here at all.
I went to the TRU website, and they do indeed have the 4 retro TMNT, Shredder and Splinter... but they are all pre-order.
BUT! They also have 2 large robotic things (wrekkers?), AND.... the original Turtle Van!!!
Needless to say, the credit card came out, and mine is now pre-ordered LOL!!
$59.99, plus tax, due to be shipped week of 3rd September!! There's a limit of one per customer, and interestingly the website claims it's a TRU exclusive!! Which I am SURE will make it even harder to find than the figures are currently! Definitely worth the pre-order!!
Can't wait!!!
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #2275
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoman View Post
Here you go, the first close up demo of the throw n battle turtles.



pixel dan showed it off for toy fair but it wasn't as involved a demo.
But the action feature didn't even work! -____- And look at the stress marks on those nun chucks.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #2276
TheWarrior97
Foot Soldier
 
TheWarrior97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
Do guys post all the sales on TMNT figs when they're going on?
I told the moderators that they need a separate sales sticky...but nothing has come up yet.
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #2277
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Received Rat King and Spy Roach from Amazon today!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #2278
Grimlock
Hench Mutant
 
Grimlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Behind you
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Received Rat King and Spy Roach from Amazon today!
Where they being shipped and sold by amazon or by a secondary seller through them?
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2279
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Where they being shipped and sold by amazon or by a secondary seller through them?
Shipped and sold by Amazon.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #2280
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Ugh those deluxe turtles looking as bad as ever

And yes amazon has been stocking wave 5, $11.99 each... not the cheapest but if you're a prime member you can order as little as 1 figure and get free 2 day shipping, so it's terrible. Does suck though, when wave 3 and 4 went online they were about 10.99 so they've already increased the new figures by an entire dollar.

And when wave 1 went on amazon they were 9.99... so yeah the price is inflating pretty fast and it's not cool

(note though that they do often go on sale for less. gotta have good timing)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.