The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #2641
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
@Ninjapug thanks for keeping us updated! appreciate it!


man that Squirrelanoid should have had that thing coming out of his mouth like Aliens.. like that concept art.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #2642
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
They're all looking awesome! I'm liking Mutagen man the best...although I can't seem to see his insides...maybe it's just the picture. Looking forward to seeing more! Especially Casey!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #2643
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Whoa he's big
Mutagen man looks bigger than most of the basic figs too. Hopefully this means that we will get more scale accuracy from here forward. C'mon Playmates!

Now if we could get a bigger Leatherhead and Baxter please.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #2644
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Here's a shot of all 3

__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #2645
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Kirby and Mutagen Man look fantastic. The Squirrelanoid isn't bad, I just don't find him to be as interesting as the others. Also, I wonder if this MM will have the ooze feature that the original did..that would be awesome.

Any sightings of Casey or Baxter?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #2646
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
I'm really not diggin these. Mutagen man is just alright (and that's assuming he'll have the ooze feature), Kirby is hideous, and the squirrelnoid is blah. I may like them more once I see them on the show, but right now I'm very unimpressed. Hopefully these are not the only reveals.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #2647
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
I'm really not diggin these. Mutagen man is just alright (and that's assuming he'll have the ooze feature), Kirby is hideous, and the squirrelnoid is blah. I may like them more once I see them on the show, but right now I'm very unimpressed. Hopefully these are not the only reveals.
Remember when we saw the Cockroach's pre production figure? It was awful. Now, look at the final release for him. He's one of the best painted/looking figures in the line.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #2648
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
I'm really digging the Squirellanoid. Mutagen Man is alright. The Thing Who Isn't Karai (A.K.A. "KIRBYBAT") definitely needs work.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #2649
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I'm really digging the Squirellanoid. Mutagen Man is alright. The Thing Who Isn't Karai (A.K.A. "KIRBYBAT") definitely needs work.
Aren't they all not-Karai?

You loon
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #2650
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
So is that it from powercon? 3 figures?
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #2651
Grizzly
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
Isn't there a panel?

They could be saving some of the big stuff for NYCC...
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #2652
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Any one got any clear moc pics of the turtles in training sets?
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #2653
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Hi. I tried earlier and my iPad locked up.

Here is the front of the sets.

Last edited by DVD; 03-05-2021 at 08:40 PM.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #2654
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
And the backs.

Last edited by DVD; 03-05-2021 at 08:40 PM.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #2655
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Any one got any clear moc pics of the turtles in training sets?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #2656
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
I am guessing those are prototypes? Aside from alien squirrel, they don't look complete
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #2657
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Turtle tots!! WOOT! Definatly gonna get those.

The Kirby Bat thing....it looks like a clown with bat wings and gorilla feet.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #2658
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Just flipped over to tni and looked through their pics.
The three new figures do look like a different scale when you see them standing in front of the baby turtles packs.
Nice to see RS and BP finally in their packs ( I got an early set, so no packs).

I have to say that I'm not really keen on mutagen man, when I compare that look to my 80s original. This new one doesn't look so interesting.
The Bat is just wierd and the other one reminds me of The 80s dragon.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #2659
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Were those the only new figures revealed? I was hoping to see Casey and Baxter too...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #2660
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Just been thinking back. I read an earlier post about early prototypes being manufactured in a larger scale. This might be why these guys are so big. They could simply be larger models to test the joints etc before being scaled down to regular size. So I'm not expecting them to be this size when released.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.