The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #2801
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Not a silly question at all.
I use these little plastic hooks. They come with double sided mounting tape that is designed for walls. The beauty is, the tape is designed to be pulled off again when your finished. So they press on, and stay on, but if you pull the tab vertically and slowly, it comes off cleanly, leaving no marks on the wall.
I can't recall the brand, its Chinese. I've been using these for years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
I know what you're talking about and they are highly recommended! Don't go with push pins!!! I used them for a year or 2 when I was a lot younger and ended up with a lot of bent up packaging and a push pin or 2 in my foot! They randomly just let go... >.<
Thanks guys!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #2802
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Thanks guys!
Ooooohhh! Also worth noting: right now I'm using pegboard mounted on my walls and have the figures on pegs. I love it because I lie to rearrange stuff a lot and it works well for that!
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2803
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Not a silly question at all.
I use these little plastic hooks. They come with double sided mounting tape that is designed for walls. The beauty is, the tape is designed to be pulled off again when your finished. So they press on, and stay on, but if you pull the tab vertically and slowly, it comes off cleanly, leaving no marks on the wall.
I can't recall the brand, its Chinese. I've been using these for years now.
I think a US equivalent would be 3M Command Strips. I've never used them so I can't attest to them leaving your walls mark-free.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #2804
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I like that peg board idea for rearranging.
I figured that I like to move things around as well, so only recently, I worked out an optimum distance between hooks to allow for any arrangement of figures ( sad but true). Over time, there will be a grid of sticky hooks, letting me arrange as I like.
Mind you, bringing my Turtles into my Who room doesn't really allow too many more on the wall. I need aTurtles room! Do I need my guest bedroom?
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #2805
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
Any one find the colored ooze and don't want the turtles?

I want to get the set, but haven't seen them yet.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #2806
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
Ooooohhh! Also worth noting: right now I'm using pegboard mounted on my walls and have the figures on pegs. I love it because I lie to rearrange stuff a lot and it works well for that!
Oooo I will look into that thanks again!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #2807
Tansut
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 53
Is there any site online that sells Rat King, Cockroach, Ninjas in Training Turtles, etc. etc.?

None of the stores near me have anything but ONLY the Turtles. I check about weekly, and at this point it's been depressing failure after failure.
Tansut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #2808
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Couple better pics of Mutagen Man, etc. over at Toynewsi. Still not pleased with them, but it is nice to see the Squirrelenoid does have a retractable alien tongue.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #2809
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Couple better pics of Mutagen Man, etc. over at Toynewsi. Still not pleased with them, but it is nice to see the Squirrelenoid does have a retractable alien tongue.
Thanks for sharing! I do have to say, the official pics make them look a lot nicer:

Kirby Bat:
Spoiler:


Mutagen Man (I can still just barley see his insides) :
Spoiler:


Squirrelanoid:
Spoiler:


Expect most of the paint apps to be removed by the time they're released...

Also, TNI has in hand pics of B&R CC figures: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21083
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #2810
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
IMO, I'd say Classics Collection Rocksteady might look more realistic than the original retro Rocksteady.... Not sure exactly how I feel about that?...! While Bebop just looks more redunkulous (felt the need for that specific "word") than his character, not sure why we need to go in that direction....? I'll definitely buy both, but unless Bebop grows on me A LOT, I'll always treat him like the red headed step child. Maybe it's because I always preferred him of the 2 in OT.
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #2811
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Paula told me to maybe expect Battle Shells in Dec.yay!
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #2812
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
Paula told me to maybe expect Battle Shells in Dec.yay!
OOO can't wait!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #2813
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant
 
Slime State Alumni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Slime City
Posts: 458
Oh man the artwork for the Classic Collection figures is embarrassing. What is up with Bebop? Jesus.

Why couldn't they just take the artwork from the original '88 cards and repurpose them? The art for the lines from '88 through '90 were flawless in execution just in the artwork department alone.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #2814
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant
 
Slime State Alumni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Slime City
Posts: 458
Did anyone ever mention the retooling of the Classic Collection rerelease Shredder's leg? I saw a review for him recently and noticed it's not the same position it was before. Or am I going crazy?
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #2815
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That was retooled way back in 2009 when they re-released the figures for the 25th anniversary. That's why it's not being mentioned.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #2816
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Not a silly question at all.
I use these little plastic hooks. They come with double sided mounting tape that is designed for walls. The beauty is, the tape is designed to be pulled off again when your finished. So they press on, and stay on, but if you pull the tab vertically and slowly, it comes off cleanly, leaving no marks on the wall.
I can't recall the brand, its Chinese. I've been using these for years now.
Not really good from my experience. I used those on my old walls and the paint started to crack and peel... i ended up destroying my wall and a few cards but heh, the walls are due for a new coat of paint anyway.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #2817
DarkFiros533
Mouser
 
DarkFiros533's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
I recently got my self a set of the new mousers and the turtles in training 2 pack with Mikey and Raph and I got to say Playmates did a pretty good job on these. I can''t wait to find the new Shredder to replace the original one they released last year. Its really sad they didn't get it right in the first place though.
DarkFiros533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #2818
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
squirrelanoid looks way too awesome. if he doesn't become one of the best-selling villains i'll be surprised
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #2819
DarkFiros533
Mouser
 
DarkFiros533's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
squirrelanoid looks way too awesome. if he doesn't become one of the best-selling villains i'll be surprised
Especially since it looks to be the tallest basic figure in the line even looking to beat Snakeweed.
DarkFiros533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #2820
50centinchange
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 51
Really like the Rocksteady.
50centinchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.