The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #21
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant
 
Anton Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Panama City Beach
Posts: 474
I for one believe that a movies soundtrack is about the most important aspect of film. I mean I could watch garbage pale kids to the Drive soundtrack and it would probably break into my top 10 films, lol. With that being said I would be friggin ecstatic if john murphy, Cliff Matthews, mike Patton, Mark Stretienfeld, and of course Hanz Zimmer were part of this film, sadly that's not the case.
__________________
"Whats the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?"

"you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale"
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #22
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
While it was technically part of the soundtrack for The Faculty, I would love to add Alice Cooper's "18" to the mix. It sound like the guys might be on the higher end of teenagehood in this movie, so why not?

Plus Cooper is just friggin' awesome.

__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #23
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
Do as many as you want! Variety is the spice of life, after all!

I actually came up with this idea while running errands with my son and listening to the radio. Imagine Dragon's "Radioactive" came on. I would LOVE to see that on the soundtrack.

I'd be equally happy - maybe more so - with the cover by Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix.

It would really depend on the scene that it's connected to.
Yes! That's gotta be played during the movie! Seems like it'd fit during training and/or for closing credits. If they don't use that, well then I'll eat my movie ticket. More like a ticket stub, so maybe it won't taste that bad. Joking aside, nice choice in music there.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #24
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Damned thing refuses to work for me so, yeah. lol. Never mind. I had Motorhead, Alice Cooper, Apocallyptica, Black Label Society, a really nice cover of all along the watch tower, Suicidal Tendencies' tune Possessed to skate, Powerman 5000's Free, Monster Magnet, Hatebreeds' Honor never dies, And a few others. Thing is, I could make a ten page list really easily. and of a wide variety of music. Seeing some really good choices so far, I really dig that cover by Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix. The vid for it reminds me of the Fallout games. *smiles*

Last edited by Lord Nightwalker; 02-03-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #25
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Man Of Steel had the best score soundtrack. It would be amazing if Turtles had something like that, but I doubt Brian Tyler can deliver something that emotional and epic. And I don't think the action in Turtles can even reach that colossal, epic level Man Of Steel had, which in turn probably means we might not get that grand of a score. I was watching The Wolverine and I noticed how (it's harder to put it into words) not good the score was. It had that cheesy early 80's, 90's action music feel during the some of the fight scenes, especially the last fight. Man Of Steel, although there were some things that weren't that great, still has the most grand score. The music was continuous throughout the film and felt very uplifting. It never sounded boring. Hopefully Turtles can get on the same level score-wise. Hopefully.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #26
Michelangelo
Foot Soldier
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 244
Anything from this album would probably work but I chose this one song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwovjqWLuGg
Epic stuff, and hopefully the movie is too.
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #27
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Enemy Within - by Rev Theory
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #28
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
I'd like to hear a new rock version of T-U-R-T-L-E Power. Maybe over the credits.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #29
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
I'm hoping for something like the electronic score from HANNA by The Chemical Brothers.

http://youtu.be/qqKnoXXL-yI
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #30
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Anything from this album would probably work but I chose this one song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwovjqWLuGg
Epic stuff, and hopefully the movie is too.
contrary to popular belief heavy metal does not go that good with fight scenes, it's just feels like compensating...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #31
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
Do as many as you want! Variety is the spice of life, after all!

I actually came up with this idea while running errands with my son and listening to the radio. Imagine Dragon's "Radioactive" came on. I would LOVE to see that on the soundtrack.

I'd be equally happy - maybe more so - with the cover by Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix.

It would really depend on the scene that it's connected to.
My hubby and I are obsessed with both Lindsey Stirling & Pentatonix! As someone who has played violin (and actually won a couple awards for it) I can say that if I had tried to dance whilst playing it would have resulted in many broken violins and possibly a broken nose- she is a remarkable musician and so incredibly creative!

Pentatonix- Mitch's voice is the most beautiful male voice I think I've ever heard- if you didn't know it was a guy you'd swear "she had a beautiful voice." Just an amazing guy! Plus, don't even get me started on Avi- guy is freaking amazing!!! I could just watch him sing and be impressed. Not to mention Kevin- amazing beatboxer and a truly accomplished cellist! I just love that group!
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #32
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Sewer Surfin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RWCQSXz6e-o
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I hope the ninja rap plays in the credits, that would be cool.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:43 AM   #34
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
A new recorded version of TURTLE power. This time, fixing the mistake in the lyrics, where the singer says that Raph is the Leader.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #35
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
contrary to popular belief heavy metal does not go that good with fight scenes, it's just feels like compensating...
That's your own personal opinion.

I asked in the first post, if you're going to be a Negative Nancy - which, aside from your music suggestions is all you've been thus far in this thread - don't bother posting.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***

Last edited by CatalaReturns; 02-04-2014 at 05:29 AM.
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:21 AM   #36
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
I am absolutely loving what people are coming up with! These options are fantastic, not to mention opening my eyes up to bands that I've never heard of before.

For an FYI: tech support (a.k.a. my hubster) helped me figure out the YouTube imbedding. Here's a very user friendly breakdown of the how-to I got last night since I was low on patience and caffeine.

1. Find the vid that you want on YouTube.
2. Copy only the random assortment of letters at the end of the URL. So, in the case of "Ninja Rap" (here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4), all you need is the GFLGRidfFo4 at the end.
3. Insert that little snippet of address (GFLGRidfFo4) between the YouTube tags, which are these things: {YOUTUBE}{/YOUTUBE}. Just make sure you use [] instead of {}, which I did for demonstration purposes.

This should be your final product:

__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #37
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
That's your own personal opinion.

I asked in the first post, if you're going to be a Negative Nancy - which, aside from your music suggestions is all you've been thus far in this thread - don't bother posting.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
stop being a bitch...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #38
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier
 
FoxBoxKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Brian Tyler is suppose to be doing the score for this movie apparently.
He did a great job on Assassin's Creed IV, in my opinion.
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #39
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Ninja Turtles goes hand and hand with hip-hop to me.

I'm hoping for the illest of beats.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #40
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
stop being a bitch...
Wow. Someone's got an attitude on them today. I didn't know it was unacceptable to ask for people to be positive about something. Yikes.

I sincerely hope your day goes better. No one deserves to have a day where they're going to call someone obscenities for no reason.

Sending positive vibes your way, bud.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.