The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #981
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Really disappointed in the classic movie figures. Such a missed opportunity.

The new movie figures don't actually look that bad. Guess the designs are growing on me!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #982
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat View Post
Is the armor bits removable? Cause that would be mega awesome, the basic battle shells a re cool and all, but the hinge for opening the shell looks a bit big, these guys wouldn't have that issue.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #983
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
wizard don looks so epic with his beard on... anyway, since those are prototypes of course they look pretty boss. I do like them, but gonna have to keep expectations in check for the in-package versions, since we know how Playmates loooves to cheap out on paint. Prime example: the weapons. Look how colorful and nice they are! Yeah, well expect the version you buy to have NO color other than its plastic, if i'm wrong it will be a small miracle.

sigh, i wish I could say I was excited about those Classic movie turtles But the likenesses in the face is really not representative... looks very Toony, the bodies look pretty good though. Wonder what happened here?

Didn't the already show off previews for these earlier? I thought the heads looked more screen-accurate in those?

I think Newtralizer REALLY needs to take a dump, can someone show him to the bathroom?



Also while I'm still feeling mixed on slash, now that we have a clearer pic his head doesn't look that ridiculously small, at least to me


Last edited by Zulithe; 02-16-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #984
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The movie turtles. Does Mikey have a pot belly? The plastron seems to be a bit poking outward.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #985
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Wow...I was actually going to buy the classic movie turtles but they look terrible...it'll be a pass for me. I found some better pictures of them:



Donnie looks so bad! What the heck Playmates?







Slash, Tiger Claw and Biotroid all look cool...but Slash and Biotroid aren't actually going to look like that when they're released...are they? Also, I hate that they show Tiger Claw like this because half of those paint apps will obviously be removed in the end. The Larp Turtles look cool. Blimp looks cool now that I know it's supposed to look like an actual turtle. 2014 movie turtles still look terrible...surprised we haven't seen the basics yet. Also...Tur-fly-tle figure, sweet! I find it a little hard to believe that this is everything, though...do you guys think we'll see more?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #986
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Do you guys think Playates actually tests their prototypes on people to see how they like them or do they just throw whatever they finish into the market? Cause I'm really starting to wonder if they do ANY market research at all.

Those movie turtles don't look like the movie at all

I don't think they look BAD, but since they are supposed to resemble the film and not the cartoon show... well, they've already done that...
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #987
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Y'all are crazy...or cant read one. The classic movie figures shown here are PROTOTYPES!!! Not the finished product. Calm down folks...it can change for the better, or the worse. Stop looking for the bad in everything
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #988
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I find it a little hard to believe that this is everything, though...do you guys think we'll see more?
I hope it's not. As I recall Playmates doesn't really show anything new at SDCC ever, which is usually where toy companies show more new things otherwise.

So we still need to see the 2012 Rocksteady and Bebop since they were shown elsewhere...and COME ON, Playmates, where is Karai!? Don't tell me the new movie turtles are going to control the rest of the year.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #989
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
can anyone post the movie basic figs
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #990
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Y'all are crazy...or cant read one. The classic movie figures shown here are PROTOTYPES!!! Not the finished product. Calm down folks...it can change for the better, or the worse. Stop looking for the bad in everything
You're being too easy on them. We've been through this prototype game before, many times. The on-shelf versions will look almost identical to those, I promise you. Paint apps could vary some (usually for the worse), but other than that: these are final I bet.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #991
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Ok, what the heck did they do to Newtralizer? He looks TERRIBLE. Please tell me these aren't the final production pieces! Come on, look at this:

Spoiler:


Dojo Splinter looks wicked, his face is a lot more accurate than the basic Splinter:

Spoiler:


Here's Rahzar:

Spoiler:


Foot Bot:

Spoiler:


11 inch Shredder:

Spoiler:


Half Shell Heroes:

Spoiler:


Turtle Blimp:

Spoiler:


Lots more pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3695661&type=1
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #992
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Y'all are crazy...or cant read one. The classic movie figures shown here are PROTOTYPES!!! Not the finished product. Calm down folks...it can change for the better, or the worse. Stop looking for the bad in everything
Oh, you naive little tadpole.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #993
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
can anyone post the movie basic figs
So you can post them as your own?

Also Playmates prototypes only get worse, man.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #994
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
I dig the larp turtles. Does anyone know of the Concept is exclusive to the to toys or will they be appearing in the show?

Last edited by The Fifth Turtle; 02-16-2014 at 04:50 PM.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #995
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
I dig the leap turtles. Does anyone know of the Concept is exclusive to the to toys or will they be appearing in the show?
I agree, kinda like them. I assume these are deluxe size though? I'd like turtles with action features in the basic size so they fit with the other figures.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #996
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
The 1990 movie figures don't look terrible... body-wise at least. The faces have issues. Donatello in particular looks hilarious. Retool/resculpt the heads and I think they'd look just fine, but... what are the odds of that?
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #997
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
I dig the leap turtles. Does anyone know of the Concept is exclusive to the to toys or will they be appearing in the show?
Leap turtles? Are you talking about the throw and battle deluxe figures?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #998
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
I dig the leap turtles. Does anyone know of the Concept is exclusive to the to toys or will they be appearing in the show?
I assume you meant the LARP Turtles. From what Ciro said at SDCC, there is an episode where LARP comes into play.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #999
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
I'm getting this really bad feeling that starting now until just around summer the shelves will have new Nick TMNT figures coming out, but after that it's new movie figures all over for the rest of the year.

So not counting Casey Jones, Squirrelanoid, Mutagen Man, and Kirby Bat now, we have...

Slash
Rahzar
Newtrailzer
Robotic Foot Soldier
Tiger Claw
Dojo Splinter
Biotroid
LARP Leo
LARP Don
LARP Raph
LARP Mike
Rocksteady
Bebop
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #1000
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
So...do the movie Turtles have head sculpts based on the old Movie Star Line?
*
*Photo credit: tmnttoys.com
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.