The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #801
groogrux0609
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Got this in the mail today. Very excited!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.5 KB, 65 views)
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #802
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
I personally would've used another head, but I like it
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #803
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
Any suggestions? The Chima head doesn't line up 100% with most other heads and the Rogon keychain head wasn't double sided.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #804
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Any suggestions? The Chima head doesn't line up 100% with most other heads and the Rogon keychain head wasn't double sided.
I just don't really like the red eyes, it's just personal preference.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #805
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Got this in the mail today. Very excited!
Cool! I hope they start popping up soon around here. I'll definitely buy one, but I'm not itching for it since the minifig isn't new in any way. Wish it had a unique expression or something.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #806
super curry max
Hench Mutant
 
super curry max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 474
jester what head did you use for casey?
__________________
Try not to die.
super curry max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #807
groogrux0609
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Cool! I hope they start popping up soon around here. I'll definitely buy one, but I'm not itching for it since the minifig isn't new in any way. Wish it had a unique expression or something.
I got it from amazon. Only 6.99 with free shipping. I suspect that it is going to be foreign give away or something maybe not for sale here that is why I went ahead and grabbed it while I could at such a price. I could be totally wrong though.
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #808
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
jester what head did you use for casey?
It's the tomb warrior's face from the Chauncilla Cemetery Indiana Jones set. I remember that set...
Did you use the Skeletron head for Rocksteady?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #809
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
Yep. Rocksteady's recipe is:

Rhino Head: Rogon from Legend of Chima
Head: Skeletron
Torso: Mandarin (with gray arms)
Legs: Monster Fighters, the guy with the swamp creature set
Weapons: Star Wars blaster and a random knife
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #810
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Yep. Rocksteady's recipe is:

Rhino Head: Rogon from Legend of Chima
Head: Skeletron
Torso: Mandarin (with gray arms)
Legs: Monster Fighters, the guy with the swamp creature set
Weapons: Star Wars blaster and a random knife
I have all of those except the rhino head.
To Bricklink!
(I also need sports weapons for Casey. Right now I just have a brick built bat.)
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #811
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
Man this took a lot of work. Finally got Bebop done, I'm pretty happy with him but he isn't 100% where I want him to be.

Introducing Bebop!



I love how the torso and legs came out (and I want him to get shoulder pads down the road).

The head is from Crazy bricks, which I then melted, chipped and filed away to fit the sunglasses on. The sunglasses and mohawk are original LEGO bricks glued on (it feels so wrong to do that).

Recipe
Head: Crazy Bricks Brown Pig
Hair: Mohawk
Sunglasses: LEGO friends
Torso: Werewolf from Monster Fighters
Legs: Space Police III alien

I'm working on his weapon... a chainsaw gun.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #812
KRON
Random Punk
 
KRON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WA
Posts: 47
Your Bebop and Rocksteady are really well done. As soon as I saw them I ordered everything according to your recipe and im very happy. Just waiting on the pig head now. Thanks for giving the information for these. Couldn't be happier!
KRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #813
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Man this took a lot of work. Finally got Bebop done, I'm pretty happy with him but he isn't 100% where I want him to be.

Introducing Bebop!

http://i.imgur.com/tY7jwQN.jpg

I love how the torso and legs came out (and I want him to get shoulder pads down the road).

The head is from Crazy bricks, which I then melted, chipped and filed away to fit the sunglasses on. The sunglasses and mohawk are original LEGO bricks glued on (it feels so wrong to do that).

Recipe
Head: Crazy Bricks Brown Pig
Hair: Mohawk
Sunglasses: LEGO friends
Torso: Werewolf from Monster Fighters
Legs: Space Police III alien

I'm working on his weapon... a chainsaw gun.
WANT

Seriously dude, good job, I love them.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #814
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I got an e-mail from Toys R Us telling me the LEGO Shredder's Lair was in stock. It won't let me add it to my cart though
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:43 AM   #815
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Got this in the mail today. Very excited!
Too cool! I want that
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #816
groogrux0609
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Just bought the shredders lair set from toys r us on eBay should be here this weekend! Wanted to share the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ninja-T...item27e0b23fac

I can do a review and post it if anyone is interested i don't think there's a review video out there yet
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #817
sluggedup226
Hench Mutant
 
sluggedup226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Just bought the shredders lair set from toys r us on eBay should be here this weekend! Wanted to share the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ninja-T...item27e0b23fac

I can do a review and post it if anyone is interested i don't think there's a review video out there yet
Thanks, I just bought a set!
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:27 AM   #818
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Just bought the shredders lair set from toys r us on eBay should be here this weekend! Wanted to share the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ninja-T...item27e0b23fac

I can do a review and post it if anyone is interested i don't think there's a review video out there yet
The downside to ordering it this way is you can't use the 20% any item promo TRU has going right now.

I am hoping I can find one in a TRU retail store tomorrow when I go looking.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #819
Krang316
Foot Soldier
 
Krang316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 104
To those living in the UK like me, the new cartoon based Lego TMNT set have been spotted at Tesco's. I'm off to hopefully get mine today or tomorrow.

jestergoblin I really like your Bebop creation, i'll be sure to pick up the pig head and give it a try.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #820
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang316 View Post
To those living in the UK like me, the new cartoon based Lego TMNT set have been spotted at Tesco's. I'm off to hopefully get mine today or tomorrow.

jestergoblin I really like your Bebop creation, i'll be sure to pick up the pig head and give it a try.
All of them? Including the T-Sub and Karai?

I'm excited I think they are supposed to hit the USA in April... but hopefully earlier.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.