The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #1701
The Sports Warrior
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 89
I like to army build a bit more these days to make up for when I was a kid, I would have loved a Foot army but my parents would never let me get more than one, seeing it as a waste of money on 'the same character'. It's my own money now, so I'll waste as much of it as I please!

Other than the robo foot gripe, I think these new figures look really good. Think I'll pass on the Splinter though. It just doesn't really do anything for me.
The Sports Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #1702
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Man these looks sooooo cool. My fav is probably Slash or Tiger claw. Thanx for posting.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #1703
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
I'm a bit perplexed how Tigerclaw will be able to hold his guns. His hands don't look like they could hold them at all.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #1704
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
What's wrong with slash?
He looks too bright and cartoony (he's blue colored with a yellow plastron) and his left foot bandage isn't completely painted all the way. The coloring is supposed to extend down to his toes, judging by the molded textures on his feet.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #1705
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
I wish they just gave Slash knee joints too...
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #1706
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
You think Slash's head is small enough?
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #1707
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
You think Slash's head is small enough?
Nah man, it needs to be smaller.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #1708
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
He looks too bright and cartoony (he's blue colored with a yellow plastron) and his left foot bandage isn't completely painted all the way. The coloring is supposed to extend down to his toes, judging by the molded textures on his feet.
It's probably just a lighting issue since we always see him in the dark.
And i don't mind the unpainted foot, looks better that way but i think they need to remove the extra bandages texture though, which i doubt they will.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #1709
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
It's probably just a lighting issue since we always see him in the dark.
And i don't mind the unpainted foot, looks better that way but i think they need to remove the extra bandages texture though, which i doubt they will.
Yeah, it's too late to make an sculptural changes to the figure (although I wouldn't rule out a running change with more/different paint details).
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #1710
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I'm a bit perplexed how Tigerclaw will be able to hold his guns. His hands don't look like they could hold them at all.
He's either gonna be pinching them or the more likely scenario, those are non removable guns on his belt.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #1711
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
He's either gonna be pinching them or the more likely scenario, those are non removable guns on his belt.
If they were non removable, they would be untainted.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #1712
groogrux0609
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
which slash is the final version? This or the one we saw at Toy Fair?
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #1713
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
which slash is the final version? This or the one we saw at Toy Fair?
The ones we find in store will look like the toynewsi pics *BUT* the paint will not be anywhear near that nice... that is a total guarantee. The sculpts though? Should be identical.

Anyway guys I'm worried that I might not find these in stores for a long time...

It's gotten to the point where TMNT figures in my area are at saturation point. I always see tons at every store. Which means they probably won't restock as often and will order fewer cases because they just aren't flying off shelves as fast anymore.

It could result in a longer wait before local stores get new waves of figures
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #1714
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Great pics! I am most excited for Slash and I think he looks awesome. I was worried from the earlier images but not anymore. I am thinking these will start showing up in less than a month or so. Usually I get two figures of each, to keep one MOC and the other loose, but I may only buy one Dojo Splinter. It isn't a horrible looking figure but is my least favorite out of these four. I just don't think it will look too great posed on my lair.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #1715
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
The ones we find in store will look like the toynewsi pics *BUT* the paint will not be anywhear near that nice... that is a total guarantee. The sculpts though? Should be identical.

Anyway guys I'm worried that I might not find these in stores for a long time...

It's gotten to the point where TMNT figures in my area are at saturation point. I always see tons at every store. Which means they probably won't restock as often and will order fewer cases because they just aren't flying off shelves as fast anymore.

It could result in a longer wait before local stores get new waves of figures
My area is in a drought of figures. Whenever they restock, they immediately sell out within a few days.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #1716
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
The problem with my area is that you can only find racks and racks of basic turtles and BS turtles. The secondary characters are always gone, with at least 15 to 20 of each turtle left on the shelves. I guess it's because everyone who collects them has the turtles already.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #1717
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The problem with my area is that you can only find racks and racks of basic turtles and BS turtles. The secondary characters are always gone, with at least 15 to 20 of each turtle left on the shelves. I guess it's because everyone who collects them has the turtles already.
Over here we only have about 4 or 5 turtles left to rot on the shelves. NO ONE buys them. NO ONE. And when someone does buy them, the restock sells out within a few days. At least they sell well.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 AM   #1718
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I might get Slash and Tiger Claw, the figures quality keeps dropping more and more. The battle damage on the Footbot is a huge turn-down for me.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #1719
BulletV1
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
The new protos look great. Too bad there is still not suited Krang.
BulletV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #1720
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletV1 View Post
The new protos look great. Too bad there is still not suited Krang.
That and Karai
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.