The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #61
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Wow. This looks great. Thank you for coming on the board to talk about it, Andrew! I will definitely buy this!

So you were able to score art from the new movie? And this will be published before the movie comes out? How's you manage that--they have been so secretive!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #62
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i so must have this
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #63
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Comics Alliance has a preview for the book up, giving us a side view of the cover and a peek at some pages!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #64
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
This looks sweet.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #65
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Oh man, this looks awesome! I dunno if I should put it on layaway at my comic book store or the nearest Barnes & Noble.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #66
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Thumbs up

The overall appearance is stunning. Very sharp.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #67
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Dat cover! I love how each turtle represents a different incarnation, that's so cool! Can't wait to get this
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #68
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
I've been waiting since NYCC 2012 for this book. When I first saw the promotions I felt it would be a must have.
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #69
Casey
Stone Warrior
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
It looks SO much better than the original place-holder photo. I'm glad they rearranged the turtles who represent the different incarnations. WAY better job.
__________________
GOONGALA!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #70
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Yeah, the turtles are better arranged for sure. I mean, look at the old one:



The new cover works because each turtle is probably the most notable and/or popular from whatever incarnation they're in. OT Mikey is a perfect example. One thing I will say is a disappointment, though, is that they replaced 2K3 with IDW (I think that's IDW anyway, I don't read the new comics).

EDIT: Looking at IDW Leo pics, it seems like there are multiple different designs or art styles for the comic? So...is the Leo on the new cover IDW styled? Again, I don't read those comics so I wouldn't know...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #71
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Pretty sure it's 2k3 Leo, as he doesn't have the wrappings that the IDW Turtles usually have and he appears to be a bit more muscular. I think it was just a bit harder to replicate that toon's style 100% in a Mirage comic aesthetic.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #72
Casey
Stone Warrior
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Pretty sure it's 2k3 Leo, as he doesn't have the wrappings that the IDW Turtles usually have and he appears to be a bit more muscular. I think it was just a bit harder to replicate that toon's style 100% in a Mirage comic aesthetic.
It is definitely not 23K Leo. That is an Eastman drawing that most resembles IDW. I'm 100% positive. You probably haven't clicked the link above and are only seeing the old picture that was reposted.

I think it's only fair that out of those incarnations, 23K gets the boot due to relevance to the franchise, but that's just my opinion. I know there are a lot of hardcore 23K fans here.
__________________
GOONGALA!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #73
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
It is definitely not 23K Leo. That is an Eastman drawing that most resembles IDW. I'm 100% positive. You probably haven't clicked the link above and are only seeing the old picture that was reposted.

I think it's only fair that out of those incarnations, 23K gets the boot due to relevance to the franchise, but that's just my opinion. I know there are a lot of hardcore 23K fans here.
So a show that had 7 seasons and a movie (Turtles Forever) is less relevant than a comic book series that has been around for maybe 3 years at most?

How does that make sense? Just because it is current?

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 05-02-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #74
Casey
Stone Warrior
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So a show that had 7 seasons and a movie (Turtles Forever) is less relevant than a comic book series that has been around for maybe 3 years at most?

How does that make sense? Just because it is current?
I said it was my opinion and recognized that the hardcore 23K fans would disagree. I never bonded with the show. I actually think they'd be better to reference a live-action film if they want to diversify the cover.

Also, it's annoying to me that Mikey and Raph are switched from the usual classic poses.
__________________
GOONGALA!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #75
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Wow this looks great. Finally a whole 30 years guide
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:53 AM   #76
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
pre - ordered, can't wait!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #77
Fjaj
Thug
 
Fjaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88
Yeah, It's definitely IDW, at least in Eastman's style, you can tell by the belt. I think Eastman just replaced 2k3 with IDW because he's involved with it.
__________________
Fjaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #78
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
thanks for sharing the link!..
one thing I notice is the art work here on the preview sample pages that shows bebop and rocksteady is done today...and not when ot was produced...I just noticed this, since the text is so small I have no idea if there SHOULD be any lets say production art work(design sheets etc) on this page but my impression was that this page was meant to display that right away...
now, on so many new products of the ot (the dvds and new classic toys for example) they hire people to draw something in the 'ot style' instead of simply using what would be RIGHT ( in my opinion):..ORIGINAL ART WORK....
have you guys wondered about this?

anyway, I am really HYPED about this project and have pre-ordered it months ago already in anticipation...

p.s.: for the record the idw comics is out now since summer 2012, so thats almost 2 years....I don't understand stated opinion on the 2k3 beeing less worth of notice than the idw comic....IN MY OPINION in many places the idw comic is more or less just heating up something thats been cooked before..they simply follow the huge traces the mirage comic turtles have wandered before and change up this or that as they go along(obviously the origin of the idw turtles is quite different but so many other things just repeat itself and in humble opinion not really interestingly so..unfortunatelly)...
they don't dare go anywhere ELSE with them and I am sure this has to do that the tmnt are their PRODUCT now..its not their heart and soul like it was for the mirage gang..anyway, who cares about my two cents here, anyone who still reads this is just awesome....2k3 WAY more important than idw comics in my opinion
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #79
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
Erm, IDW started publishing TMNT in August 2011, so that's more than 2.5 years now...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #80
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
You probably haven't clicked the link above and are only seeing the old picture that was reposted.
Uh...I posted the link. Why wouldn't I have looked at it? But yeah, upon taking a look at the Eastman covers in the back of my Change is Constant trade, it does seem to be IDW Leo instead. I guess I was just more familiar with the way that other artists draw the IDW Turtles and I thought they'd stick to the same four incarnations for the final cover. Flub on my part.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.