The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #201
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
so how about that marketing....ive seen about 2 different spots for transformers along with that oreo commercial



and only one turtles spot
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

3 TV spots
2 trailers and a 3rd coming this week
a macaroni and cheese commercial/ general TMNT promo with V. Ice
Crush soda Promo
Character "weapons" posters
Street style graffiti Character posters.
MTV interview with Megan Fox.
Today Show interview/trailer debut with Will Arnett.
Pizza Hut Promo with the turtles on every box along with the passcode "OOZE" for the website to watch the trailer. These pizzas were sent out to different media outlets.
X-game promo tent with Johnston mural.

All before the initial marketing blitz with two months left to go.
There will be plenty more to come as we get closer to release


Edit: UGHshellshocked: The next trailer was classified at 59 seconds long. The 36 seconds was the TV spot ; )

Last edited by Puddinpop; 06-10-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #202
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
Yep Alberta Film ratings classified the trailer a couple days ago and clocked it at 59 seconds (sorry correction)

But it still wouldn't surprise me if we don't see the same stuff in it. (Tower falling down/brothers voice over/hill slide/Mask joke with one brief added scene). I'm actually hoping that its one of those trailer premiere things that say "tune in tomorrow for the world premiere trailer"

I've been a pretty positive guy on this whole experience however the marketing just isn't doing it for me.
Ohh, 59 seconds. Somehow better and still somehow worse. Still actually shorter than the first teaser.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #203
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Ohh, 59 seconds. Somehow better and still somehow worse. Still actually shorter than the first teaser.
Yeah I know what you mean. I really hope this trailer is all new footage.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #204
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


a macaroni and cheese commercial/ general TMNT promo with V. Ice

Pizza Hut Promo with the turtles on every box along with the passcode

eh mac and cheese was aimed more for the tv show but whatever you want it that bad you can have it

also pizza hut boxes technically doesn't count since thats not a mass release we all get....like oreo being a substitute for energon



but again as i said compared to TF now theres not much new in the current (now, ahora,jetzt,今, this momento) tv commercial world


also more like month and a half Kiddo,....studio may want to actually push something out soonish if they hope to gain more GA


this "blitz" is gonna have to make up for alot of quiet and empty time dont cha know
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 06-10-2014 at 11:34 AM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #205
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. I really hope this trailer is all new footage.
10 seconds at most and that's being generous. When't the new trailer coming out?
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #206
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. I really hope this trailer is all new footage.
Maybe 3...4 seconds of new footage.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #207
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
What do you think the reason is though? Or do you think they started out short so every other artist drew them that way, too?
I mean, it's entirely possible everyone stuck with it out of "tradition"... But the folks running each iteration could have beefed them up at any point in their history, but nobody really has until now. And personally, I think that their small size is a part of the appeal that most people (though not all) recognize, and it was retained for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
The reason I like them being short, don't know if it was intentional, is because it makes them a bit of an underdog. It also stresses the fact that, despite being vertically challenged, they're still able to use martial arts to their advantage without having to rely on their size and strength alone.
That's a really good point as well! Yeah, that's definitely important. I feel like you need some sort of visibly-obvious stakes, a sense of challenge and danger you can understand just by sight alone. And the classic, short Turtles going up against armies of ninja or robots really sells that. By comparison, the PD Turtles don't look like much could be an immediate threat to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
The new turtles might be big, but as long as the enemies they are facing are equally as tough, I might not have a problem with that.
Well, the issue I have with that is that you'd need to escalate everything, and hugely, in order to compensate for their size. Even a group of ninja can't be a challenge anymore, because these Turtles can just plow through them or toss them aside like rag dolls. The Shredder can't "just" be an extremely-skilled martial artist anymore - he needs to be in a giant mech suit in order to be a threat. They can even topple over armoured cars with a running/sliding start.

It just seems like a recipe for bigger, over-the-top superhero-level (or Bayformers-style) action pieces, which kind of misses the point of what the TMNT are, IMO.

(I wonder if this discussion is worth its own thread? Just in case the mods frown at going off the topic of marketing...)
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 06-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #208
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
eh mac and cheese was aimed more for the tv show but whatever you want it that bad you can have it

also pizza hut boxes technically doesn't count since thats not a mass release we all get....like oreo being a substitute for energon



but again as i said compared to TF now theres not much new in the current (now, ahora,jetzt,今, this momento) tv commercial world


also more like month and a half Kiddo,....studio may want to actually push something out soonish if they hope to gain more GA


this "blitz" is gonna have to make up for alot of quiet and empty time dont cha know
If "I" want it that bad? You are reaching so hard it's so obvious
Ok.. Pizza boxes "don't count" but friggin Oreo cookies do
Transformers is also two weeks away genius.
It's the 10th of June. TMNT comes out on the 8th. July 8th= one month...August 8th= 2 months... kiddo

Lets see what you have to say about marketing a week before release. I'm sure they'd have done just as much as AOE

here allow me


Last edited by Puddinpop; 06-10-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #209
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
kiddo
are you flirting with me?




i like straws ..they remind me of

__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 06-10-2014 at 12:01 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #210
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Weak.... you meant " I'm sorry Puddin I stand corrected, I was wrong bc I cant count the days from now until release. I also was wrong about the number of TV spots for TMNT, I was also wrong not to mention Crush soda Promo..I also apologize for making the ridiculous argument that Oreo is somehow more significant than Pizza Hut, and most of all Puddin.. I apologize for not apologizing and just posting stupid gifs bc I had nothing left to say.."

It's ok Boston Ninja Turtle. We're good my friend
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #211
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Weak.... you meant " I'm sorry Puddin I stand corrected, I was wrong bc I cant count the days from now till release. I also was wrong about the number of TV spots for TMNT, I was also wrong not to mention Crush soda Promo..I also apologize for making the ridiculous argument that Oreo is somehow more significant than Pizza Hut, and most of all Puddin.. I apologize for not apologizing and just posting stupid gifs bc I had nothing left to say.."
please don't put words in my mouth it makes you look childish and i didnt brush my teeth yet...i have things i could say they just fall on deaf ears

things like its june 10th,this very moment" in 6 days in will be june 16th, thats and month in a half left of marketing (aug 8 ) and i doubt in six days we are getting AOE months worth of releases in six days

its ok sunshine i know you don't take my word just because i am not happy with this film..i am sure if i was on your side..all my work,expereinces, knowledge of movies and education would be welcomed and followed like the bible

but you keep on keeping there "pal" i have more feeding audrey II things to do












...anyways.....about this new trailer...i got 5 bucks on the mask joke
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 06-10-2014 at 12:21 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #212
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
So is everyone spectulating about a trailer today or is there some evidence?
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #213
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
So is everyone spectulating about a trailer today or is there some evidence?
Speculating about the trailer coming out today?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #214
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Speculating about the trailer coming out today?
Haha yeah, typing too fast.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #215
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
Haha yeah, typing too fast.
There's a 59 second one that's coming...soon.

No idea when though, sorry friend.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #216
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
There's a 59 second one that's coming...soon.

No idea when though, sorry friend.
Oh ok thanks, 59 seconds huh?
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #217
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
Oh ok thanks, 59 seconds huh?
Yep. Bought 20-30 seconds shorter than the first one.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #218
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I thought it was Sachs sitting in there? But seriously like where can you even hit the new Shredder where he's not armored? Lol, there's definitely no obvious weak points.
Sachs' arms are bare under the exoskeleton arm frames, and his hands and fingers are unprotected to a large degree.

fun fact. most cutting techniques with a katana is about exploiting weak points on an armour. a diagonal upward swing would go for the armpit area, cutting through the softer fabric of the armour. Could be a clue on how to defeat Sachs.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #219
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Sachs' arms are bare under the exoskeleton arm frames, and his hands and fingers are unprotected to a large degree.

fun fact. most cutting techniques with a katana is about exploiting weak points on an armour. a diagonal upward swing would go for the armpit area, cutting through the softer fabric of the armour. Could be a clue on how to defeat Sachs.
Bingo. I hope you're paying attention Leonardo. This and his chest being wide open.. could make him vulnerable..
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #220
Pondslider
Foot Soldier
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Do people still eat Pizza Hut pizza? I'm always shocked that it still exists.
Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.