The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #2641
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
The image of April on the box for the van looks ok.
I have yet to see a pic if a production figure tho.
Historically April has not been the most articulate of figures .. Haha!
I will of course pick her up when I see her. Should I rephrase that?
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #2642
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
I'm actually kind of digging that movie April-is that weird? So many other folks are bashing her, but I think she looks ok. I think it's actually kind of cool that she comes with the sais. Makes me think back to the original film.

These toys are getting me rejuvenated and excited for the movie line to hit.
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #2643
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier
 
BlisterStockboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
I'm actually kind of digging that movie April-is that weird? So many other folks are bashing her, but I think she looks ok. I think it's actually kind of cool that she comes with the sais. Makes me think back to the original film.

These toys are getting me rejuvenated and excited for the movie line to hit.

Yeah, the toyline is what's making me excited for the movie.
__________________
BlisterStockboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #2644
LeoRaDoMic
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
Hey everyone!

If you're interested, I found Slash and reviewed him this weekend here.

I like him, although I wish he had more of his little elements like the claws or spikes painted, you know? I've got some comparison shots of him with the vintage Slash too, fyi.
Very good review(s)! Appreciate it
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #2645
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901



I don't like how Mikey so hunched over compared to the other Turtles. The 11 inch version doesn't seem to have this problem...
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #2646
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant
 
DonatelloFan1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quad Cities, IA
Posts: 476
I just picked up both Undercover Raph and April 2014 Movie Figures I posted pics in the toy sightings thread.
__________________
DonatelloFan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #2647
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
More sh*te from Playmates. Her head's too big, hands are basically misshapen claws, arms are too ling and thin, proportionally her torso's ridiculously short and she's got extremely limited articulation. She doesn't even resemble Megan Fox in the slightest!
Well, at least the plastic expression is true to Megan Fox.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #2648
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan1984 View Post
I just picked up both Undercover Raph and April 2014 Movie Figures I posted pics in the toy sightings thread.
Undercover Raph doesn't seem to appear on any cardbacks. Is he showing up in stores yet (I know these aren't even technically released) or are folks finding him online?
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #2649
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
Just a curiosity, can the nick turtles fit in the mivie van?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCMathMan View Post
I'm curious, too. Slash32, could you post some pics of the Nick turtles in the movie assault van? Thanks!
[IMG] IMAG0368 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0366 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
Are the stickers pre-applied or no? If it's not pre-applied I'd consider getting it and using custom decals. Like maybe re-do it as modernized party wagon or something.
No you have apply the stickers.
__________________
My Collection take a look tell me what you think thanks.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #2650
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant
 
DonatelloFan1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quad Cities, IA
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
Undercover Raph doesn't seem to appear on any cardbacks. Is he showing up in stores yet (I know these aren't even technically released) or are folks finding him online?
I picked them both up at a local store. He is not on any card back of any other product released for the movie thus far. I am the only one selling them online right now.
__________________
DonatelloFan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #2651
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash32 View Post
Cool! They fit perfectly. Thanks!
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #2652
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
Cool! They fit perfectly. Thanks!
I think they should fit better considering they're smaller lol.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #2653
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Wow...Nick turtles look really great with the movie van.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:04 AM   #2654
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
anybody have a link to Slash/Rahzar on amazon? im told they are listed but canonly find them in the suggestions part of the page i was thinking there maybe a link to the actual figures?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 AM   #2655
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
anybody have a link to Slash/Rahzar on amazon? im told they are listed but canonly find them in the suggestions part of the page i was thinking there maybe a link to the actual figures?
http://amzn.com/B00KZNGJI4/
http://amzn.com/B00KZNGJJ8/

I think amazon does not show them in search results because there are none to be sold right now.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #2656
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
http://amzn.com/B00KZNGJI4/
http://amzn.com/B00KZNGJJ8/

I think amazon does not show them in search results because there are none to be sold right now.
Thank you Zulithe thats just what i was looking for. ill keep my eye on them lol hopefully they will be available soon im not paying 99 dollars for a figure thats gonna be less then 15 when they come out
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #2657
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Thank you Zulithe thats just what i was looking for. ill keep my eye on them lol hopefully they will be available soon im not paying 99 dollars for a figure thats gonna be less then 15 when they come out
Suggested Retail Price is 8.99... lately, amazon prices them at 11.99 but occasionally they will have them discounted to less. i've seen some go to 6.99 or less, but 8.99 is more common.

the 11.99 is not a bad markup if you consider you didn't have to even leave your house and waste time/gas to look for one. I'm hoping they go in stock soon.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #2658
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Suggested Retail Price is 8.99... lately, amazon prices them at 11.99 but occasionally they will have them discounted to less. i've seen some go to 6.99 or less, but 8.99 is more common.

the 11.99 is not a bad markup if you consider you didn't have to even leave your house and waste time/gas to look for one. I'm hoping they go in stock soon.
ya i agree just click and buy, only drawback is hopefully they pick out a decent painted one still worth it though.
on a side note somebody is selling a Raph in Disguise figure for 26 shipped should i grab it? how abundant is this figure gonna be if anyone can venture guesses? just debating if i should get him now or wait
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #2659
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
ya i agree just click and buy, only drawback is hopefully they pick out a decent painted one still worth it though.
on a side note somebody is selling a Raph in Disguise figure for 26 shipped should i grab it? how abundant is this figure gonna be if anyone can venture guesses? just debating if i should get him now or wait
Very true this is the biggest concern. I have had great luck I can tell you that much. But you never really know, it's a gamble. Amazon's return policy is great though.

I've only had bad luck ONCE... and it was when I ordered Classics Donatello from amazon and got one with bad eyes. It was a very common issue with the figure in the first few shipments, so I can hardly blame amazon. I ended up just buying a second one later when I spotted one at TRU. Sure, I could paint it and fix it, and someday maybe I will. But for now I just kept it unopened.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #2660
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Sometimes I enjoy the hunt more than buying online. Since turtles are going strong right now I will play things by ear or by sight for right now. I don't need to waste gas when I have people on the forums telling me what they have found.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.