The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #941
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And you laughed at it. Let's make out!

Errrr... wow, too forward? See?? That's what happens when I act "positive". I go way the hell too far the other way.
Sorry brah, Turtle-lips only need apply.

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #942
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
And that, my friend, is how you respond to a comment that was obviously made solely to get a response. Good show.

Bonus Points for Date-Rape Raphael gif.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #943
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Bonus Points for Date-Rape Raphael gif.
I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. And lo, it was presented unto me.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #944
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
"(Ahem)... Your 'Roofie-Colada', Miss O'Neil..."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #945
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
1. Splinter raised them their whole lives to protect the above world? What for?

2. Donatello can deflect machine gun bullets by spinning his bo-staff.

I've seen enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Andrew: I can't wait for the scene where Leo catches the bullets with his bare hands and throws them back in Karai's face. Bad-Ass Deluxe with a double scoop of Awesome Sauce, right there.
I even called it months ago, that the Turtles would be deflecting bullets like Wonder Woman with her bracelets.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #946
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Indeed you did, sir. Indeed. You did.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #947
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Indeed you did, sir. Indeed. You did.
Seldom have I ever so painfully wished to be proven wrong.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #948
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I know. Every time you and I actually agree on something, a unicorn unknowingly wanders onto the set of a Tom Cruise movie, gets horn-castrated by an oddly-effeminate Satanic figure, and dies. I can't stand it either.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #949
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Okay, Leo... Lets stay on topic, please. No more roofied unicorns and whatever nonsense.

Good lord you guys have posted like madmen today...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #950
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Okay, Leo... Lets stay on topic, please. No more roofied unicorns and whatever nonsense.
Thank God for you, Machias.

I've seen the trailer a few times now. It just gets better.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #951
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Sorry brah, Turtle-lips only need apply.

http://media.tumblr.com/095ded2e5bf5...Xf51qg6ih7.gif
LOL

Well, at least it looks like Raph got a nice eye color too, huh?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #952
mb1025
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
1. Splinter raised them their whole lives to protect the above world? What for?
Why ask this question when the only way to find out if there is an explanation for it is to watch the movie?

Your Donatello bullet gripe is legit, but I really wish people would stop complaining about things that you obviously need to watch the movie to get answers for.

Splinter and Shredder had an encounter before since Splinter calls the Shredder. That could be the reason why the shadow figure (Saki) is all beaten up.

If Splinter has always felt that Shredder was after him that could be why. A perfectly good explanation.
mb1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #953
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
LOL

Well, at least it looks like Raph got a nice eye color too, huh?
Yeah, the green eyes did please me. Probably the only thing about Raph's current (currant? get it? hahaha) visage that does.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #954
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I love Machias.

Seriously though. I can't get over how happy that trailer made me. From beginning to end I was just excited. There's a new ninja turtles movie coming out and it looks crazy!

All four of them on top of some object that's falling from a high distance just seems very 'Ninja Turtles' to me.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #955
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Being on a falling object is ninja-like? o.O

Leo does at least seem to be offering someone a ninjutsu kick at the end of the trailer at least.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #956
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Being on a falling object is ninja-like? o.O
It's 'Ninja TURTLES'. Just them getting into a crazy situation all together. Brings back OT memories and I love it to death.

Screw Ninjutsu purity and all that jazz.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #957
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
The trailer floored me--SO COOL! This thing looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. I've already made pizza/beer plans with old pals before the first screening.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #958
Gimme_Three
Foot Soldier
 
Gimme_Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: maryland
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Gimme_Three: You're reading way too much into it. I'll say again: Be it myself, or this guy, or that guy, or you, people can say whatever they want to about the movie, the President, or the price of bananas, and they can say it as often and as loudly as they want to. What I have a problem with, is the censoring of speech, and the implication that only "upvotes" are allowed. That is simply intolerable. If I don't have a problem hearing people gush about how "bad-ass" everything looks - and go on, find me ONE instance where I complain about people being happy for this movie, aside from me simply stating "I disagree" - then people shouldn't have issue with me, or anyone, having an opinion of my/our own.

I have seen *enough* so far to know that I'm not the audience, I find that a shame because I waited a long time to get another TMNT movie, and if I want to list my issues, I will. It'll be a sad day when people can't simply say what they feel, good or bad, without having to defend themselves.

And I've said numerous times, the decision to see the movie in theaters isn't even in my hands anymore. There's almost no chance I'll have the cash to go to the movies anymore this summer, or even this year. And that's okay, I missed a ton of movies I really wanted to see. And it's not like I won't get the DVD; I have everything else, after all. But implying that after all we've seen - which has been, by now, a lot - that somehow, the full movie itself is going to somehow impress me? I don't believe in miracles.
I didn't ask you to censor your speech what I'm asking you is why choose to rain on people parade without bringing valid points to the table, or continue to spam your displeasure.

Example
Poster A: That scene with Leo was "badass."

Leo656guy: the turtles look like shrek.

Poster B: This trailer has me excited.

Leo656guy: The turtles look like shrek.

Example
Leo656guy: oroku saki isn't going to be in the film? This movie sucks

*2 months later*

Leo656guy: Whaaat oroku saki might be in the film? why keep it a secret from us. This movie sucks.

And ABSOLUTELY if you open your mouth to say something you need to be able to defend your stance.. If not what's the purpose of having a discussion? isn't the point to find common ground or at least understand each others perspective? You rather people just run their mouths without rhyme or reason?
Gimme_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #959
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Kind of over-simplifying my statements more than a little bit, but whatever, pal. I've stated, re-stated, and expanded upon my full opinions numerous times over the past year.

Two -TWO- comments in a day about a passing resemblance to Shrek, does not a "Haterade Parade" make.

I wish I had time to splice together every comment I ever made on this movie, going back a year, so you and others could see how slowly and gradually they lost me with this film project. Because I really was pretty wide open in the beginning. I had a gradual change of opinion, and it's all been excruciatingly documented in gloomy detail.

And as it is, I show up twice a month on average these days, so I think you cats should be able to handle a couple of days worth of dissent in between your endless cheerleading, no? I think so. There really is no issue here.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #960
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

2. Donatello can deflect machine gun bullets by spinning his bo-staff.

I've seen enough.
Yeah, because that never happened on any of the other incarnations, and with an wooden Bo at that...
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.