The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #981
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
But does anyone have a link to that orgin description that was released by an inside source where he was talking about the turtles being lab expierments and how they marked the turtles shells to tell them apart then went on to say thats where the diff colored mask came from.....I would really like to re read it now that we can see this is most likely true, with the markings thats clearly on their backs....any helpwould be appriciated....thanx in advance....
Wait, what? Where'd you hear that. I did think I saw a blue mark on Leo's back.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #982
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmacauley View Post
Wait, what? Where'd you hear that. I did think I saw a blue mark on Leo's back.
Either it was posted here sometime ago or there was a link to the site that someone leaked out...as im sitting here thinking about it I think it was that guy on twitter who was a foot soldier in the movie and they terminated his contract so he could talk about the movie leagaly....I know he was the one talking about the renisance painting that the turtles would leave as thier trade mark and mention utroms in the movie.....but not so sure hes the one talking about the labs and marking the turtles shells.....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #983
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
You can see Raph's in his poster. I don't know about thing about this link, though.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:31 AM   #984
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
You can see Raph's in his poster. I don't know about thing about this link, though.
Yea most people probobly forgot about it because there were so many false things going around about the movie at the time....but watching the trailer in slo mode and seeing their shells reminded me of that....ive tried looking myself but cant find the damn thing.....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #985
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
And the small turtle toys have also colored spots...

__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #986
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
A lot of the hate I'm seeing for this is coming from Facebook. IMDB posted on their page about it and people were commenting stuff like "looks like trash" and on a Youtube reviewer that I like named JermeyJahns posted on his Facebook page about it and people are like "I have no faith in this movie" or "looks horrible" But overall I'm seeing positive comments, but I don't care what people say, I can't wait for this movie
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #987
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmacauley View Post
Wait, what? Where'd you hear that. I did think I saw a blue mark on Leo's back.
Yea you can see Leo's in he capture scene.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #988
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
So...does it mean that the movie will be heavily influenced by IDW comics? At least for the turtle origin?
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #989
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
I could be mistaken, but looks like to me that Leo has a blue number 3 on his shell, and Mikey has a orange 4. I'd post a pic, but im at work on my phone.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:55 AM   #990
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
I like some of what I see. I think it could go either way.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #991
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
I could be mistaken, but looks like to me that Leo has a blue number 3 on his shell, and Mikey has a orange 4. I'd post a pic, but im at work on my phone.
I saw that too, but it makes me wonder when it was written on the shell, if it was before mutation it wouldn't have grown with the shell.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #992
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
I saw that too, but it makes me wonder when it was written on the shell, if it was before mutation it wouldn't have grown with the shell.
Maybe the guys who captured them put the numbers on their shells? Just a wild guess.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #993
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSerenity View Post
Maybe the guys who captured them put the numbers on their shells? Just a wild guess.
pretty sure i saw Red on raphs shell tho... he doesnt get captured
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #994
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
So is it still just Leo that has had his voice done by someone else then?
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #995
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
So is it still just Leo that has had his voice done by someone else then?
Leo and Splinter
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #996
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
The trailer looked like hot garbage. The Turtles are 4 Hulk's and 4 Shrek's merged into one.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #997
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Only thing I ever saw about the colors on the shell was discussion started up related to those toys, but nothing ever outright explained by anyone who knew the reason for it. I do find it odd it wouldn't have washed off by then...


As for me... Well.. I'm trying to make the effort to find some acceptance here, at least of Leo. If anyone can win me over at least a little it'll be him. And I have to say I kinda enjoy his threat to Fox that they'll find her. But to me that style of nose and lips just ain't ever gonna be right though, not on turtle-people, even if some have gotten used to it... At least going a bit more milder on it would have been some kind of help. But... I'll at least just try to concentrate on those baby blues and giggle over his buckteeth while he's acting all stoic and stuff.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #998
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
It looks like it could be fun, but it also looks like it could be bad, but either way, it's not giving me the vibe that it's gonna be any better than a "watch once, never see it again" type endeavor, for me at least. It's not necessarily because I dislike what I'm seeing, but I'm also not loving what I'm seeing either. I really hope it's better than I'm expecting, but, as far as experience and instincts go, I unfortunately doubt that I'll enjoy it nearly half as much as many of you have this trailer.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #999
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
The music that the trailer started with in the beginning was really good. I wish they kept that throughout the whole trailer. I loved the part where Raph said, "This is our city!" It sounded good with the music. I didn't like when Leo said, "Back off Raph!" And Splinter's voice was decent I guess. Other than a few nitpicks here and there, I'd say this trailer has pulled me in like crazy. I've never seen anything with the Turtles look this epic… ever.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #1000
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Just thought I'd quote the post that I did yesterday on a seperate Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
That trailer was awesome. My brother (who thought the turtle's designs were awful) said that the trailer was pretty good, so there's something.

And I completely forgot that Whoopi Goldberg was in this movie go figure.

I am now 100% convinced this film will be a blast.

Even the turtles themselves didn't look as tall as what we've seen.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.