The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #61
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
what is there to like?
Well, personally speaking... The majority of it is, to me, fine/tolerable. I like Leo's gear... call it breadsticks all you want, "haters." He's got perrty eyes. Just wish they made him a bit of a cutie... do that and I'd be all over this. (WUT. I'm a woman, I prefer they'd have some amount of looks still, much more-so that steroid use, so sue me.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #62
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
.....they do kinda look like breadsticks in the poster, though... I can't stop seeing it now, after someone else said it. I can just see Leo dumpster-diving out back of Olive Garden. "These things are two weeks old, they're HARDER than bamboo!"
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #63
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Surprisingly yes, before this trailer (Even the poster reveals from last night) this movie was a simple meh. After the new trailer my interests have grown, seeing the turtles in action along with shredder.

Although my biggest fear remains that April and Vernon will be the main characters tagging along the turtles. Along the same lines that the transformers movies have given the humans more story and face time, making the turtles (transformers) secondary characters in their own movie.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #64
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
change my mind...i was on board from the start - and the few reservations I had were addressed in this trailer, so if its possible, I'm even more excited now, than I originally was.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
>.> Well I was gonna steal his breadsticks but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can just see Leo dumpster-diving out back of Olive Garden.
...yeah...you're probably right. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #66
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Finally got a chance to watch this and.... my hype is restored!!! (after those disappointing character posters).

All the Turtles look great. So much to pick apart in the trailer.
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #67
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Finally got a chance to watch this and.... my hype is restored!!! (after those disappointing character posters).
I think showing those posters was a bad idea, the turtles themselves don't really look the same in comparison to the posters and in the trailers. Its like two different versions are being shown.

I'm the same, the posters greatly disappointed me. But the trailer has gotten me excited enough again to want to see this.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #68
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
>.> Well I was gonna steal his breadsticks but...

...yeah...you're probably right. lol
"My sons, you must strike the salad bar hard, and fade away, without a trace...

But don't fill up on bread. And don't touch the soup, it comes in plastic bags, for some reason. In fact, my sons, it may be wise to simply avoid Olive Garden, altogether."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #69
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
That trailer was awesome. My brother (who thought the turtle's designs were awful) said that the trailer was pretty good, so there's something.

And I completely forgot that Whoopi Goldberg was in this movie go figure.

I am now 100% convinced this film will be a blast.

Even the turtles themselves didn't look as tall as what we've seen.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #70
Lone Ranger Ninjutsu
Random Punk
 
Lone Ranger Ninjutsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 33
I'm still skeptical, but I feel better about it.
Originally, I planned on renting it. But after this trailer, I feel cautiously optimistic. So I will see it in theaters with some friends probably.
__________________


Artwork not done by me.
The artwork used in this signature was done by XAcerbusX on deviantART.com
Check him out on YouTube as well.
Lone Ranger Ninjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #71
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Whoopi Goldberg would actually be the PERFECT advocate for this movie, if you've ever heard her talk about anything at all.

"WHO says the Ninja Turtles movie looks bad? We don't KNOW that, you weren't THERE! You didn't SEE them make it! We don't know for sure! it might not even BE about Turtles, it could be about, I don't know, chipmunks or something, for all we know! We weren't THERE!"

That's pretty much Whoopi in a nutshell. Almost every TV at the gym is tuned to The View every morning.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Almost every TV at the gym is tuned to The View every morning.
That's an odd audience to advertise it too. lol Not that I haven't ever watched bits of The View. lol

See, this is the bad part about CGI. They can't have the Turtles on The View as Guests to promote it. lol Nor will most of their gear, etc ever be ownable by collectors...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #73
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Most of the gym clientele between 11am and 1pm are ladies middle-aged and older, who tend to love gossipy chatterboxes and hate doing the treadmill, so it's actually a good fit. I hate that show, but I love Jenny McCarthy's legs. She's pretty sexy for someone who almost single-handedly brought back Polio.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #74
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
It got me to ease up a bit, but I am still iffy on the movie
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #75
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"My sons, you must strike the salad bar hard, and fade away, without a trace...
I actually read that as "You must stroke the salad bar hard, and fade away" the first time.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #76
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Though I'm still not in love with the designs, getting the new figures and evaluating them has me a little more tolerant of the designs of the turtles, splinter, foot. Shredder looks dope. Hoping the story makes up for the weird designs.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #77
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I actually read that as "You must stroke the salad bar hard, and fade away" the first time.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #78
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The designs of the Turtles are terrible, Shredder is still white, what is there to like?

Admittedly if the Turtles looked more "normal" and Shredder was Japanese from the start the movie would be a bit more tolerable.
What he said.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #79
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
A lot can still happen. Just one little Emilio Estevez cameo, and I'm right back in this mo'fukka.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #80
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Even the almighty Hulkster made "3 Ninjas: High Noon At Mega Mountain", the sole blemish on an otherwise-flawless film career.
Ahem....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.