The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #661
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Here's a new promo image for the movie.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #662
Le Glorieux Tortue
Foot Soldier
 
Le Glorieux Tortue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I've never liked the idea of that. Eating an entire meal during a movie just seems weird, and a server coming in with a whole thing of food might be distracting. I just don't like that idea, I'm fine with just a Coke Zero and popcorn, these people seem spoiled
They only deliver food during previews. Also they only take orders til just before previews, so there is no distraction. Still a steep price though
Le Glorieux Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #663
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Glorieux Tortue View Post
They only deliver food during previews. Also they only take orders til just before previews, so there is no distraction. Still a steep price though
Yeh, which is better, but I like the previews, unlike some people. I hate how a lot of people think that during trailers, they still can talk and be on their phones. When I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opening night, this guy was TALKING ON HIS PHONE DURING THE TRAILERS. God I wanted to spill my soda on him. Anyway, I like the trailers, and someone coming in serving food would still distract me. But hey, at least they don't come during the movie, that'd be too much.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #664
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
These promo images are consistently hilarious.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #665
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
New Promo image from the Paramount Australia twitter
https://twitter.com/ParamountAU/stat...818176/photo/1

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #666
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
For some reason I'm not impressed with screen grabs from the trailers being released as promo pics....lame. I actually liked the news camera more
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #667
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
Jesus, why can't we can't get any images of, um, I don't know, THE TURTLES?!
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #668
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
Jesus, why can't we can't get any images of, um, I don't know, THE TURTLES?!
What turtles?
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #669
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I certainly don't mean to stir the pot but I gotta say I'm glad to finally see some of you pro-movie guys fed up with the bad marketing.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #670
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I certainly don't mean to stir the pot but I gotta say I'm glad to finally see some of you pro-movie guys fed up with the bad marketing.
I'm all for giving this movie a shot but the marketing has been abysmal
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #671
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I certainly don't mean to stir the pot but I gotta say I'm glad to finally see some of you pro-movie guys fed up with the bad marketing.
I've been long fed up with the marketing to be honest, maybe I'm just spoiled for growing up in the late 80s and early 90s which had by far the best marketing. We were also at the height of Turtlemania.

Memes on facebook just won't cut it for me.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #672
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
It's finally happening. At my local walmart and I ran into "the cube" and boy was it magical, one side filled with Nickelodeon show figures, one side had all the role play gear, another side had all the deluxe and 12" figures and the last side had all the basic figures... And when I say all the figs I mean ALL of them for the price of 8.99$

I'd post a cpl pics but photobucket isn't working at the moment
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #673
DonnyMac
Thug
 
DonnyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
I remember my mom asking to buy a Michael Keaton Batman standee back in 1989 at the movie theater and the employee said the exact same thing- that they had to give it back to the studio or the distributor or somesuch...
Maybe it's just an universal excuse they give you when one of the employees wants to keep it for himself

Cool standee though... I'm gonna keep me eyes peeled for that one...
That's it exactly. I worked in a movie theatre for 6 years, and in that entire time I can only recall of 2 things we ever had to send back. Employees always got dibs on the posters and standees. And we always told customers who asked that we sent stuff back when they asked for it, save for a few very cool regulars
DonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #674
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
Quote:
PentatonixVerified account ‏@PTXofficial

just shot a new video wrapped at 6am! we're exhausted, but it's all gonna be worth it! @mtv @tmntmovie
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

notice the colors they are wearing
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 07-01-2014 at 08:37 PM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #675
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brfq6SHCQAA4F4_.jpgnotice the colors they are wearing
I have no idea who they are
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #676
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brfq6SHCQAA4F4_.jpgnotice the colors they are wearing
Cool, I wonder what kind of music are they? They arent those Teeny bopper type music?

Yep, each wearing different Colors for each Turtle.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #677
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
I have no idea who they are
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Cool, I wonder what kind of music are they? They arent those Teeny bopper type music?

Yep, each wearing different Colors for each Turtle.
Acapella






OMG seriously love these guys so Talented
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #678
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brfq6SHCQAA4F4_.jpgnotice the colors they are wearing
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #679
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Can't say I'm a fan, but it could be a lot worse, I guess.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #680
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
i have no idea who they are and never heard of them but i know the daft punk song they covered
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.