The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #881
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
in the nicest way possible I concur, Seriously these thing take time often And the announcement about the Augment reality Was just released yesterday(well two days ago because its late) im going to order three tomorrow and see what happens Im not expecting much But really i would expect much from Any pizza place they aren't McDonald's or burger king it a pizza joint they often never have crazy full out promotions for movies of anything of the such the Novel concept of Actually selling the "turtles Favorite pizza" I haven't ever seen anything like that before.
Domino's had a Batman pizza for the Dark Knight film right away.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #882
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
Domino's had a Batman pizza for the Dark Knight film right away.
you got the turtles pizza right away Thing like box inserts or packaging take time to deliver to every store, I work in the food industry dry food good (pizza boxes, McD happy meals, McD bags, Ect) take time to deliver have worked at McD at a young age we often didnt get the promotional Happy meal boxes/ Bags till weeks after they started,

The only Tangible thing at pizza hut right now is the special pizzas which you did in fact get right, Now if you tried to order Mikey's pizza and they told you you couldn't get that pizza then it would be different,

The packaging and The box insert (IE the actual physical Aspect of the augmented reality game) might take week to actually arrive at all the stores im going to be getting three of the TMNT pizzas today i will let everyone know it my location has them either, im not really expecting them too either
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #883
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Ah, the ol' "three minutes in Photohop" online marketing campaign is still going strong. How much do you wanna bet these were made by an unpaid intern?



I mean... I know it's World Cup season, but who on Earth thought "moldy old soccer ball in a sewer tunnel" was a great way to promote a Ninja Turtles movie? And one that's out in only a month?

Kind of a cheap and lazy attempt to tie into a completely unrelated event, isn't it?
Many of these type of Posters are being promoted on International versions of face book and twitter so they have a much longer time to promote.... thought that was fairly common sense.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #884
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Oh my God. I thought the other few promo images were lame, but these just take the cake. A ratty soccer ball in a sewer, which I guess is supposed to reference the World Cup? Why? They're totally unrelated. What's a soccer ball doing in the sewer anyway?

But that "Party Like a Teenager" one... I just can't believe someone would look at that and say, "yeah that looks good, it'll make people want to watch the movie." I really have to wonder how much some Photoshop novice got paid to make these, and if it's less than or more than what I'd expect.

I'm not sure what kind of message they're trying to send with this marketing strategy. It sure doesn't make me wanna see the movie. Maybe, I don't know, some actual images of the turtles might work better? We've got like a dozen shots of Megan Fox, but only a few images of the TMNT.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #885
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
you got the turtles pizza right away Thing like box inserts or packaging take time to deliver to every store, I work in the food industry dry food good (pizza boxes, McD happy meals, McD bags, Ect) take time to deliver have worked at McD at a young age we often didnt get the promotional Happy meal boxes/ Bags till weeks after they started,

The only Tangible thing at pizza hut right now is the special pizzas which you did in fact get right, Now if you tried to order Mikey's pizza and they told you you couldn't get that pizza then it would be different,

The packaging and The box insert (IE the actual physical Aspect of the augmented reality game) might take week to actually arrive at all the stores im going to be getting three of the TMNT pizzas today i will let everyone know it my location has them either, im not really expecting them too either
I understand all of this.

My point is if they didn't have any of the materials, they shouldn't say they do. Like I said, in store they had promotional signing. My guess is they wanted to use remaining boxes.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #886
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
I understand all of this.

My point is if they didn't have any of the materials, they shouldn't say they do. Like I said, in store they had promotional signing. My guess is they wanted to use remaining boxes.
YEah i get that I agree with that, Now i know that My local Store(not just pizza hut) is kind of in its own bubble. I live in a summer town and they just do everything different here it kinda sucks, So the tmnt promotion might not even happen in my area because they just market and do thing differently, Like there drink are more expensive in the summer because the increased traffic flow, so they seriously charge like 4 bucks for a normal soda ridiculous and im sure if they could get away with it they would charge extra for the food as well SMH. but any way, I think you right they probably used older pre existing packaging.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #887
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Oh my God. I thought the other few promo images were lame, but these just take the cake. A ratty soccer ball in a sewer, which I guess is supposed to reference the World Cup? Why? They're totally unrelated. What's a soccer ball doing in the sewer anyway?

But that "Party Like a Teenager" one... I just can't believe someone would look at that and say, "yeah that looks good, it'll make people want to watch the movie." I really have to wonder how much some Photoshop novice got paid to make these, and if it's less than or more than what I'd expect.

I'm not sure what kind of message they're trying to send with this marketing strategy. It sure doesn't make me wanna see the movie. Maybe, I don't know, some actual images of the turtles might work better? We've got like a dozen shots of Megan Fox, but only a few images of the TMNT.
Nope not a single bit of turtle marketing has come out with in the last week that displays the turtle nope never, SMH seriously I post both of those photos and got a response almost instantly from people IN a good way whether or not you like it is all on you but its going its job, it reaching people, people are noticing it and people are spreading the word that all that those images are for, ANd really teenager in a sewer"oh why is a soccer ball in a sewer?" Really? THEY'RE FREAKING TEENAGERS THAT LIVE IN A SEWER. teenager has sport gear Heck leos arm guard is a NIKE shin guard for playing soccer lol wow,


EVERY LITTLE THING its like people can just sit back and take something for what it is,
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #888
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Nope not a single bit of turtle marketing has come out with in the last week that displays the turtle nope never, SMH seriously I post both of those photos and got a response almost instantly from people IN a good way whether or not you like it is all on you but its going its job, it reaching people, people are noticing it and people are spreading the word that all that those images are for, ANd really teenager in a sewer"oh why is a soccer ball in a sewer?" Really? THEY'RE FREAKING TEENAGERS THAT LIVE IN A SEWER. teenager has sport gear Heck leos arm guard is a NIKE shin guard for playing soccer lol wow
Well yeah it makes sense in the context of this movie (dubious as it is) but does it really make anyone want to see the movie?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #889
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant
 
DioLeo451's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Nope not a single bit of turtle marketing has come out with in the last week that displays the turtle nope never, SMH seriously I post both of those photos and got a response almost instantly from people IN a good way whether or not you like it is all on you but its going its job, it reaching people, people are noticing it and people are spreading the word that all that those images are for, ANd really teenager in a sewer"oh why is a soccer ball in a sewer?" Really? THEY'RE FREAKING TEENAGERS THAT LIVE IN A SEWER. teenager has sport gear Heck leos arm guard is a NIKE shin guard for playing soccer lol wow,


EVERY LITTLE THING its like people can just sit back and take something for what it is,
Apparently it's not enough people want something bigger or more over the top that screams ''Go see our movie'' it's still not convincing some people truth be told
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #890
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Many of these type of Posters are being promoted on International versions of face book and twitter so they have a much longer time to promote.... thought that was fairly common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Well yeah it makes sense in the context of this movie (dubious as it is) but does it really make anyone want to see the movie?
Like sam said, these are mostly from overseas markets where the release dates arr farther away.

These aren't REAL promotional marketing materials. They won't be ads in magazines or newspapers. These are more of the beginnings of an AWARENESS campaign. These aren't meant to get butts in seats. Just to tease that the Turtles are on their way.

Now I'm not saying they're well done, or well thought out by any means, but for what they are... something to start the buzz, I'm sure they're doing their jobs. And these aren't aimed at 'US'. These are for the young kids on Facebook and Twitter.
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #891
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
Like sam said, these are mostly from overseas markets where the release dates arr farther away.

These aren't REAL promotional marketing materials. They won't be ads in magazines or newspapers. These are more of the beginnings of an AWARENESS campaign. These aren't meant to get butts in seats. Just to tease that the Turtles are on their way.

Now I'm not saying they're well done, or well thought out by any means, but for what they are... something to start the buzz, I'm sure they're doing their jobs. And these aren't aimed at 'US'. These are for the young kids on Facebook and Twitter.
Exactly, We have been getting plenty in the past couple weeks, and we will be geting more in the next couple week and we will continue to get stuff up until release,

If your expecting to be sold on this movie and you aren't yet you just have to move on they are going to give you and advance copy of the movie they aren't going to tailor the marketing to impatient never pleased fans, there is plenty of positive buzz(as well a negative i understand that) people are and will be seeing this in the theaters those who have liked what they have seen since the being aren't going to like it nor would even if the whole thing was perfect people are stubborn and have already condemned the movie, But to the fans who are excited every little piece excited us even a stupid Photoshopped shell with some stupid phrase on it
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #892
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I mean... I know it's World Cup season, but who on Earth thought "moldy old soccer ball in a sewer tunnel" was a great way to promote a Ninja Turtles movie? And one that's out in only a month?

Kind of a cheap and lazy attempt to tie into a completely unrelated event, isn't it?
i love my country n all, but yeah...we're NOT the center of the world. i wonder if there woulda been complaints if it had been a basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Oh my God. I thought the other few promo images were lame, but these just take the cake. A ratty soccer ball in a sewer, which I guess is supposed to reference the World Cup? Why? They're totally unrelated. What's a soccer ball doing in the sewer anyway?

But that "Party Like a Teenager" one... I just can't believe someone would look at that and say, "yeah that looks good, it'll make people want to watch the movie." I really have to wonder how much some Photoshop novice got paid to make these, and if it's less than or more than what I'd expect.

I'm not sure what kind of message they're trying to send with this marketing strategy. It sure doesn't make me wanna see the movie. Maybe, I don't know, some actual images of the turtles might work better? We've got like a dozen shots of Megan Fox, but only a few images of the TMNT.
some people that work in the same office as i do, that i've never actually spoken to are actually, at this moment, on facebook looking at the "respect all, fear none" and the "ampersand" pics.

they seem stoked.

:/
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #893
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
i love my country n all, but yeah...we're NOT the center of the world. i wonder if there woulda been complaints if it had been a basketball.



some people that work in the same office as i do, that i've never actually spoken to are actually, at this moment, on facebook looking at the "respect all, fear none" and the "ampersand" pics.

they seem stoked.

:/
There isn't anything wrong with these photo and shot people are seeing them people are getting excited about it,

Fickle People are the ones getting up set,

ANd really its every thing they release the same people come on here and complain no matter what it is Always. Doesn't matter what they release They complain, Doesn't matter how much they release they complain. Its really getting old, lol

These are also the same people the swore they Sled down the mountain on the shells like a snow board SMH, It pretty funny the length some people have to go to just to complain about the movie lol. its Entertaining

People WHo I know that don't even like TMNT nor comics and such Love the Work like a ninja party like a teenager Photo, which is great
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #894
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
sad it took me 5 minutes to realize it was a shell....as for the slogan..color me surprised they are marketing partying to kids...honestly this marketing isnt making me want to go see the movie anymore than i already dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Ah, the ol' "three minutes in Photohop" online marketing campaign is still going strong. How much do you wanna bet these were made by an unpaid intern?



I mean... I know it's World Cup season, but who on Earth thought "moldy old soccer ball in a sewer tunnel" was a great way to promote a Ninja Turtles movie? And one that's out in only a month?

Kind of a cheap and lazy attempt to tie into a completely unrelated event, isn't it?
couldn't have said this words better myself....isnt marketing supposed to make you go .."HOLY S**T i wanna go see that that looks awesome"...these thrown together pieces of junk are lackluster and the slogans are just as bad..what does having no fear have to do with a ratty soccer ball..or the turtles soccer players now?is the final battle some big soccer match against shredder and the foot?

so now the excuse is its international marketing so they dont have to put as much effort? bull malarkey..they just paid some guy to work for 20 minutes who didnt care

i dont even know what to say anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
It pretty funny the length some people have to go to just to complain about the movie lol. its Entertaining

you do the same thing when evidence is brought up against you with sources and facts....double edged sword my friend
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #895
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
People WHo I know that don't even like TMNT nor comics and such Love the Work like a ninja party like a teenager Photo, which is great
Yeah well, if that's true, good for them. Still, I find these promo images to be kinda lame, imo.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #896
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
It pretty funny the length some people have to go to just to complain about the movie lol
It's pretty funny to see the lengths you'll go to defend anything and everything related to this film. A lot of the complaints are valid, backed up by facts. A lot of your defenses for this film are pretty unverifiable. So yeah, like Boston Ninja Turtles said - it's a double-edged sword.

The simple truth is that the promo posters for this kinda suck, even if they are generating some interest. Even you have to admit that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #897
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It's pretty funny to see the lengths you'll go to defend anything and everything related to this film. A lot of the complaints are valid, backed up by facts. A lot of your defenses for this film are pretty unverifiable. So yeah, like Boston Ninja Turtles said - it's a double-edged sword.

The simple truth is that the promo posters for this kinda suck, even if they are generating some interest. Even you have to admit that.
BS dude OMG SHREDDERS WHITE- I said wait and see it not what you think OMG GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT

People still think they're Aliens, and Aprils not a Red head

No martial arts who was write this guy

Not japanese ties- just open your eyes

How many TImes have the "leary Crowd" Out right been proven wrong -COUNTLESS TIMES

Its just funny

You are nit picking a photo for which is a Advert for another country Who marketing is just starting for the film,

You and the leary Crowd Even when are far as to say "just show me a man hole cover with a welcome mat" WELL LOOK AT THAT some international TMNT facebook page posted a picture just like that

All these new Images are In the vain of that initial Photo

Yet you still scrutinize the Crap out of Each and EVERYONE They aren't meant for you NVM the fact that only week ago we got ridiculously HD Poster For each of the Turtle As well are a ridiculously awesome Trailer


We are currently seeing A crap ton of cross promotion for Pizza Hut which is trending on twitter and Tumblr

Yes i defend What i like Because i like it Some one makes fun of something i Enjoy i Support that thing i enjoy it natural
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #898
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
they could have tried a little harder on the posters...the graphic design is kinda "ehhh"...

good thing I'm not watching the movie for the posters~^_^
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #899
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
You are nit picking a photo for which is a Advert for another country Who marketing is just starting for the film,
just to be clear....so what you are saying is...

that it is ok its a terrible photoshopped picture because its for another country

got it
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #900
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier
 
RedRocBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis,M.O.
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
BS dude OMG SHREDDERS WHITE- I said wait and see it not what you think OMG GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT

People still think they're Aliens, and Aprils not a Red head

No martial arts who was write this guy

Not japanese ties- just open your eyes

How many TImes have the "leary Crowd" Out right been proven wrong -COUNTLESS TIMES

Its just funny

You are nit picking a photo for which is a Advert for another country Who marketing is just starting for the film,

You and the leary Crowd Even when are far as to say "just show me a man hole cover with a welcome mat" WELL LOOK AT THAT some international TMNT facebook page posted a picture just like that

All these new Images are In the vain of that initial Photo

Yet you still scrutinize the Crap out of Each and EVERYONE They aren't meant for you NVM the fact that only week ago we got ridiculously HD Poster For each of the Turtle As well are a ridiculously awesome Trailer


We are currently seeing A crap ton of cross promotion for Pizza Hut which is trending on twitter and Tumblr

Yes i defend What i like Because i like it Some one makes fun of something i Enjoy i Support that thing i enjoy it natural
Sam . For real homie it ain't no point trying with these people bro. As long we enjoy the film that's all that matters. Opening weekend I'm seeing it twice maybe three times if possible. But seriously I've just given them the finger and tell em all have a wonderful life. They have hated the movie from the jump and their going to hate after it drops.

Last edited by RedRocBoy; 07-09-2014 at 01:40 PM.
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.