The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #961
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Check out the Motion Posters for all 4 Turtles, Includes some new footage as well.
Hey, thanks for posting TC! Not gonna lie, now that we're seeing more stuff with the guys in action, I'm feeling excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
i dunno...a lot of the wall artists i know kinda respect the effort it takes to do something like this. if a big (non-corporate backed or shilling) piece goes up, its usually left alone outta respect. of course, this is essentially just a huge advertisement, but its tmnt, so the respect/non-respect could go either way.
Oh yeah, I'm talking more sh*thead tweens and brats with marker pens and cheap spraypaint who think they're gangsta - who would have zero respect for the original art. We have plenty of those in my area. I've got zero problem with tagging or street graffiti if it's artistic - it's the 12 year olds running around leaving stuff that has no artistic merit all over the walls of the local shopping centres that cheese me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Hearing Donatello say, "Allow me to be the badass for once" was so awesome.
Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
did they change leos shoes? i thought he had sandals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
It looks that way...not 100% sure. Maybe he wears two different types of shoes....I have no clue
Yeah, I thought he had sandals too... maybe the guys have a wardrobe full of outfit changes that we don't know about. I kind of like that idea.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #962
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
OMG this movie is looking so amazing! Donatello looks better than expected.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #963
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
OMG this movie is looking so amazing! Donatello looks better than expected.
Yeah they look really good!!
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #964
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
did they change leos shoes? i thought he had sandals?
I was scrolling through thinking "I still don't like their faces and size, but the costume design for Leo is really starting to WTF IS HE WEARING SNEAKERS?!"

I hate them wearing shoes. I just do.

Still irked about Raph-centric story round whatever we're on.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #965
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I was scrolling through thinking "I still don't like their faces and size, but the costume design for Leo is really starting to WTF IS HE WEARING SNEAKERS?!"

I hate them wearing shoes. I just do.
At first so did I, but then you gotta wonder, we as humans have the capacity to go barefoot all day, but I'll be damned if anyone ever braves that in New York City. Just walking one city block, you'd cut your foot, and contract all kinds of nonsense without breaking a sweat.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #966
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
At first so did I, but then you gotta wonder, we as humans have the capacity to go barefoot all day, but I'll be damned if anyone ever braves that in New York City. Just walking one city block, you'd cut your foot, and contract all kinds of nonsense without breaking a sweat.
And yet in the very same instance, we'll just say that this logic doesn't apply to Raph. I guess he's so f'ing tough, he doesn't need shoes like his brothers. -_-
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #967
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
And yet in the very same instance, we'll just say that this logic doesn't apply to Raph. I guess he's so f'ing tough, he doesn't need shoes like his brothers. -_-
He don't give a ****
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #968
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
And yet in the very same instance, we'll just say that this logic doesn't apply to Raph. I guess he's so f'ing tough, he doesn't need shoes like his brothers. -_-
Don't get me wrong...I agree that Raph not wearing shoes is inconsistent for sure.

But I have always wonder why they've gone barefoot in the past, as if their mutation gave their super skin or something.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #969
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Don't get me wrong...I agree that Raph not wearing shoes is inconsistent for sure.

But I have always wonder why they've gone barefoot in the past, as if their mutation gave their super skin or something.
They don't really need super skin. Humans are the only animals that cover their feet to walk. Animals go across pebbles and rocks and don't care. Dogs can walk on hot concrete way longer than we do without it blistering their paw pads (it will eventually though, unless they've had enough time slowly building up the toughness of their pads). And turtles will walk over anything without caring about their feet. Ain't no turtle got time for that. When you see a turtle crossing a street, they aren't having problems with their feet on pavement.

Humans can too, but we've conditioned our feet to be sissy-feet over the centuries.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #970
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
At first so did I, but then you gotta wonder, we as humans have the capacity to go barefoot all day, but I'll be damned if anyone ever braves that in New York City. Just walking one city block, you'd cut your foot, and contract all kinds of nonsense without breaking a sweat.
I just took that the boys didn't need clothes and shoes because in a way, they still aren't human. They didn't start out as human and they are never going to be all the way human, so they don't need shoes and access clothes, similar to how cats and dogs can walk around NYC and not pick up anything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Still irked about Raph-centric story round whatever we're on.
Do we know that for sure? What with hiring a definitely well known actor like Johnny Knoxville to voice Leo, not to mention he's getting the most posters and screen time in the trailers as of late, I'm wondering if Leo might have a bigger role than they are leading on.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #971
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I just took that the boys didn't need clothes and shoes because in a way, they still aren't human. They didn't start out as human and they are never going to be all the way human, so they don't need shoes and access clothes, similar to how cats and dogs can walk around NYC and not pick up anything.




Do we know that for sure? What with hiring a definitely well known actor like Johnny Knoxville to voice Leo, not to mention he's getting the most posters and screen time in the trailers as of late, I'm wondering if Leo might have a bigger role than they are leading on.
They don't need them, but they want them
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #972
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Do we know that for sure? What with hiring a definitely well known actor like Johnny Knoxville to voice Leo, not to mention he's getting the most posters and screen time in the trailers as of late, I'm wondering if Leo might have a bigger role than they are leading on.
Maybe, maybe not. I just figure with limited screen time the fact is we've eliminated Leo, Don, and Mike for a portion of the movie by having them captured and spending time on Raph away from the lair, Raph returning to the lair, Raph gearing up, Raph with April and Vernon, Raph fighting Shredder, Raph saving the brothers.

And somewhere in there we have Raph walking around the city with April. So I still get the sense there's a Raph focus for the film.

Plus, Raph is the Wolverine character type. Hollywood knows the bad boy is what everyone wants to see and all everyone cares about. Put that on the screen more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
They don't need them, but they want them
But that would be another change....they never have before. Not in Mirage, definitely not in the Fred Wolf cartoon's early days (Why do humans want to make themselves look dumber than they already do?). Not in any of them have they wanted to wear clothes like humans. So it's a new addition.

Honestly, I'm okay with it to an extent. Mike in particular fits. I wish they would have kept Leo most traditional with the pads. He seems of all of them that he'd be the most simple and minimalist. But I dig his armor choice (minus the bamboo. I'd rather have proper plastron)

It's just the shoes. I just don't like them wearing shoes. I like the two toes being visible. Just makes them that much more "less human"
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #973
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Humans can too, but we've conditioned our feet to be sissy-feet over the centuries.
No arguments here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
They don't need them, but they want them
Yeah, I'm betting this is true given the personality they seem to have that wants to separate themselves outwardly in addition to their character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I just took that the boys didn't need clothes and shoes because in a way, they still aren't human. They didn't start out as human and they are never going to be all the way human, so they don't need shoes and access clothes, similar to how cats and dogs can walk around NYC
A fair point. Which ties in SWIFT's theory that we've coddled the human foot to be sissified. Which to a large degree is true.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #974
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
A fair point. Which ties in SWIFT's theory that we've coddled the human foot to be sissified. Which to a large degree is true.
After generations of selective breeding, I give you......

SISSY FEET!!!
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #975
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
After generations of selective breeding, I give you......

SISSY FEET!!!
sounds like something AH-NOLD would say
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #976
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
But that would be another change....they never have before. Not in Mirage, definitely not in the Fred Wolf cartoon's early days (Why do humans want to make themselves look dumber than they already do?). Not in any of them have they wanted to wear clothes like humans. So it's a new addition.

Honestly, I'm okay with it to an extent. Mike in particular fits. I wish they would have kept Leo most traditional with the pads. He seems of all of them that he'd be the most simple and minimalist. But I dig his armor choice (minus the bamboo. I'd rather have proper plastron)

It's just the shoes. I just don't like them wearing shoes. I like the two toes being visible. Just makes them that much more "less human"
Pardon me???
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #977
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
surprised pizza wasnt reworked for TMNT
http://instagram.com/p/qTGYayQy0b/

__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #978
unlundun
Thug
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 54
humans are animals kids. No need to divide. We never get anywhere when we consider humans separate!
I always saw them as hybrids because they are anthropomorphic turtles -they are humanoid, always assumed the mutagen used some genetic material from humans to give them humanoid anatomy. Not only that, but they grew up with within human culture, and adhere to the same ideas of modesty and covering the body - just like we as humans inherit these cultural traits from our parents and the world around us, so would they. They exist within human culture - of course they want to wear clothes. First thing i thought when i saw Leo's shoes was - "wow look at the level of design there! they have sewn different pairs of shoes together to fit their two toed feet! amazing!"

They look amazing!
unlundun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #979
terrorblade
Foot Soldier
 
terrorblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 179
They were raised by a mutated rat that wears clothes, I don't think that it's really ridiculous for them to wear some clothes too.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #980
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I'm down with this image.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.