The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #261
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Legend is the only fantasy movie I like that isn't a adaptation of anything.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #262
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I think right there should be your biggest red flag as to why this next movie is doomed. If they're not confident in the stories they're trying to create and are so afraid of changing certain things due to fan backlash, what makes us think they're competent and confident enough to write better stories?

It makes me kind of sick actually. Very terrible news.



This is what I'm hoping for, but what makes me nervous is they've already set a date. Sure, this could change...but look at Amazing Spider-Man 2. When that was released in 2012, it was a modest hit but it was good enough to set a date for May of this year. Obviously any Spider-Man fan can tell you what a piece of garbage that film is and I'm afraid we'll probably see a pattern with TMNT 2 in 2016.

I wish this would take a Green Lantern path and just fall off already.
Whew, glad you're here - you can take the heat off me for a bit.
gah, I've been pitchforked and torched over my disdain for the new film.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #263
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
People don't watch Legend for Tom Cruise and his Jack. They watch it for the Unicorns, a dark Mia Sara, and Tim Curry! The latter, one of the most underrated actors in the business.
Dark Lily = *swoon*. That dress is seriously exquisite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Question. How can Tim Curry be "underrated" when he's been in everything that's ever been made? Seriously, just turn on your TV and flick channels at random, and you'll land on Tim Curry an average of 38 times every 60 seconds.
Snicker.

That voice though... it's magic. It's like if sex and velvet married, Tim Curry's voice is their sensuous baby.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #264
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
From the script that has their names on it.

Nemec and Applebaum were the originators of alien turtles and a military Foot (and Colonel Schraeder) which is why I'm pissed they're working on the sequel. I've seen what their version of a TMNT script is and it's bad.....really bad.

Evan Dougherty was brought in to rewrite their crappy script. Liebesman didn't have any hand in the script or the rewrites.
That is odd 'cause I thought the script got leaked in 2012 when Andre Nemec and Josh Applebaum weren't apart of it yet. Jonathan Liebesman tends to always get involved with the writing and I would guess the blue door script was actually his. Since the director usually pitches his script first. Then hires other writers to rewrite and edit it. Josh and Andre were called to rewrite the script.

Also Josh and Andre have a great record. Their work is usually rated with an average of 7/10 and they got a 90% for Mission Impossible which only had those two writing it. Evan Daughtery on the other hand has a poor record and usually has score of 4/10.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #265
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Whew, glad you're here - you can take the heat off me for a bit.
gah, I've been pitchforked and torched over my disdain for the new film.
Hey, all good. There's more of us here leading the charge of those who think the movie is garbage than we think.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #266
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... but also a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have it both ways.
If they'd stuck to their guns and ignored the "fanboys" we would have gotten alien turtles and Shredder.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #267
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
That is odd 'cause I thought the script got leaked in 2012 when Andre Nemec and Josh Applebaum weren't apart of it yet. Jonathan Liebesman tends to always get involved with the writing and I would guess the blue door script was actually his. Since the director usually pitches his script first. Then hires other writers to rewrite and edit it. Josh and Andre were called to rewrite the script.

Also Josh and Andre have a great record. Their work is usually rated with an average of 7/10 and they got a 90% for Mission Impossible which only had those two writing it. Evan Daughtery on the other hand has a poor record and usually has score of 4/10.
Don't know what to tell you other than you've been under the wrong impression.

Nemec and Applebaum were hired in June 2011
http://m.deadline.com/2011/06/paramo...ninja-turtles/

The Blue Door script with Nemec and Applebaum's names on it is dated January 2012.

Liebesman wasn't hired until February 2012 after Blue Door was completed.
http://www.slashfilm.com/battle-los-...ninja-turtles/

So you can stop championing Nemec and Applebaum. Their original script started this mess.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #268
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I do not mind Liesbsman (sp?) returning, I mind the writers returning; I cannot believe they were paid to rehash the storyline from the Amazing Spider-Man.

Whack.

I would love the same fight team to return, Splinter vs the Foot, and Splinter vs Shredder rivals choreography in some modern action films.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #269
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
I do not mind Liesbsman (sp?) returning, I mind the writers returning; I cannot believe they were paid to rehash the storyline from the Amazing Spider-Man.
I kind of do. He's a studio puppet and has no real value he brings to any of his movies. He's the opposite of what a director should be, he's just a little yes man.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #270
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Question. How can Tim Curry be "underrated" when he's been in everything that's ever been made? Seriously, just turn on your TV and flick channels at random, and you'll land on Tim Curry an average of 38 times every 60 seconds.

And yeah, I don't often agree with Bam Margera, but "Unicorns Are Pretty Kick-Ass."
Especially the one in Cabin in the Woods! I'm shocked we haven't seen this yet, a bunch of mutated unicorns going on a killing spree in NYC or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Hey, all good. There's more of us here leading the charge of those who think the movie is garbage than we think.
I get more passionate about it, because there could have been something good in it, and it's so frustrating to see the hack job unfurl, knowing I could have done a better script, hell, half of the internet fanfiction writers could have done a better script, and we didn't even have to be paid.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #271
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
I do not mind Liesbsman (sp?) returning, I mind the writers returning; I cannot believe they were paid to rehash the storyline from the Amazing Spider-Man.

Whack.

I would love the same fight team to return, Splinter vs the Foot, and Splinter vs Shredder rivals choreography in some modern action films.
Whatever man, it wasn't quite like the amazing spider man in that regard. The lizard wanted to turn citizens into mutant lizards. As for shredder? He wanted to kill people, the lizard thought that by using the stuff that he used on himself that humans would be better off as mutant lizards. Shred head didn't want to use the gas to improve the human race.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 08-10-2014 at 08:21 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #272
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
One thing I wish they'd do with this sequel is hire The Imaginarium to do all motion capture work. They won't because it's cheaper to use untrained actors but it'd be cool to have Serkis and crew involved.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #273
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I kind of do. He's a studio puppet and has no real value he brings to any of his movies. He's the opposite of what a director should be, he's just a little yes man.
Nothing short of a complete overhaul will do. Toss it all away.
Yes, keep ILM - the designs weren't their fault, but drop PD altogether, and don't rehire the creature designer. He was the biggest problem, without a doubt.

They should have been a lot more transparent from the start. why not be upfront, and ask for feedback. tweet the designs out early if you're not sure how an audience will respond, what's the big secret? They let an awful Halloween costume be the reveal.

Other studios have done it, why play this hush hush game?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #274
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Nothing short of a complete overhaul will do. Toss it all away.
Yes, keep ILM - the designs weren't their fault, but drop PD altogether, and don't rehire the creature designer. He was the biggest problem, without a doubt.

They should have been a lot more transparent from the start. why not be upfront, and ask for feedback. tweet the designs out early if you're not sure how an audience will respond, what's the big secret? They let an awful Halloween costume be the reveal.

Other studios have done it, why play this hush hush game?
I was under the impression, when Nick and Ciro were getting the current show tuned up, I heard they actually consulted several hard core TMNT fans across the country, including some from here, so they knew what would work, what wouldn't, and what they could invent on their own without pissing anyone off too much. I just want to know, how come the movie creators couldn't have gone down this route? It's like, they watched a couple of 80's TMNT, maybe Eastman told them some snippets here and there, but most of it, they were just pulling it out of their own ass. It's like that quote from Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park
Quote:
If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now"
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #275
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
I wonder if there are people who, deep down, now wanted to see the 'whacked out/alien/Blue Door Script Version'...who knows, maybe in a decade or two, someone will do a documentary on that...kind of like this one:

Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #276
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Nothing short of a complete overhaul will do. Toss it all away.
Yes, keep ILM - the designs weren't their fault, but drop PD altogether, and don't rehire the creature designer. He was the biggest problem, without a doubt.

They should have been a lot more transparent from the start. why not be upfront, and ask for feedback. tweet the designs out early if you're not sure how an audience will respond, what's the big secret? They let an awful Halloween costume be the reveal.

Other studios have done it, why play this hush hush game?
My thoughts were they weren't confident in this film as it was wrapping uo, but they hoped that because it's a franchise name that it would be a big deal and hopefully do well. Welp, now they're seeing the fruits of their "labor" and finding out people are naive enough to accept something just based on name recognition.

It's the only reason I can assume why they played the quiet game for so long and the first piece of an image we got was the frickin' Halloween costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Whatever man, it wasn't quite like the amazing spider man in that regard. The lizard wanted to turn citizens into mutant lizards. As for shredder? He wanted to kill people, the lizard thought that by using the stuff that he used on himself that humans would be better off as mutant lizards. Shred head didn't want to use the gas to improve the human race.
Same way to go about, just a little change of the result. They even have the tower falling over just like in ASM.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #277
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
I wonder if there are people who, deep down, now wanted to see the 'whacked out/alien/Blue Door Script Version'...who knows, maybe in a decade or two, someone will do a documentary on that...kind of like this one:
Hmmm, after all of these years, Steve Barron is finally going to be releasing a documentary/novel on what he had to go through with the first TMNT movie. Apparently it wasn't all rainbows and ponies that we thought it was.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #278
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
That sucks, I like rainbows and ponies.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #279
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
This is total BS, there is no way they're making a sequel to that garbage that just came out. Again, they are pushing from every angle that this wasn't a failure "Beat GotG for top spot", "Releasing a sequel", etc... I've said this before and I'll say it again, Viacom is not happy about these results.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...njaturtles.htm
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #280
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Ugh...same script writers.

__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.