The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #281
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
This is total BS, there is no way they're making a sequel to that garbage that just came out. Again, they are pushing from every angle that this wasn't a failure "Beat GotG for top spot", "Releasing a sequel", etc... I've said this before and I'll say it again, Viacom is not happy about these results.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...njaturtles.htm

Wow...think about it. The new film made more in its' Opening Weekend than the 2007 film did in its' entire run.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #282
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Yeah, someone's just in denial now. And what are those charts supposed to convey, exactly?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #283
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Wow...think about it. The new film made more in its' Opening Weekend than the 2007 film did in its' entire run.
Bad release date and no real popular cartoon series to help awareness is to blame for that one.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #284
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Bad release date and no real popular cartoon series to help awareness is to blame for that one.
I've often said, there's never been a better time to release a Ninja Turtles movie. I never expected this to flop because everything is aligned perfectly in it's favor besides the GotG competition. Comic book movies are in, the cartoon is bringing in kids, the kids discovering the franchise is reviving their parents' nostalgia, and this generation in general is very fond of nostalgia already. There was no way this was going to fail. TMNT on the other hand was trying to jump-start a dead franchise out of the blue, and that just wasn't possible with a mediocre film.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #285
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I have a feeling they will do it right this time around now that they know what people want

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Bad release date and no real popular cartoon series to help awareness is to blame for that one.
and the fact that it was a poorly animated boring piece of ****
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #286
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
and the fact that it was a poorly animated boring piece of ****
Aww, that's cute. Someone's confused the words fact and opinion again.

Pretty sure "poorly animated" was not the description that movie got when it came out. Hell, I watch it now and still would argue it is definitely not poorly animated.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #287
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Hopefully it's better.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #288
M-Frame
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the movie's plot would've been better if not for the last-minute changes, I said it probably would've appeared more (and I quote myself) "...cohesive, connected, fleshed-out...". Whether or not it would've been better isn't my point, nor does it really matter since we'll never know.

Btw I could be wrong, but wasn't the 'alien turtles' angle scrapped long before production even began???

Last edited by M-Frame; 08-10-2014 at 09:42 PM.
M-Frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #289
The True Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The True Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
My thoughts

Listen everybody my opinions are the final say in this topic and I say its bad and bad for the reasons these so called "haters" have to say about this film. While i respect your OPINION know that sometimes your opinions can be wrong like this instance.
The True Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #290
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the movie's plot would've been better if not for the last-minute changes, I said it probably would've appeared more (and I quote myself) "...cohesive, connected, fleshed-out...". Whether or not it would've been better isn't my point, nor does it really matter since we'll never know.

Btw I could be wrong, but wasn't the 'alien turtles' angle scrapped long before production even began???
Bay claimed that but he was lying. The script was dated 2012.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #291
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
My poster for TMNT 2!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1407727247752.jpg (105.2 KB, 31 views)
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #292
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
My poster for TMNT 2!!
No Mikey?

Was he kidnapped or something?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #293
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Well, someone said it very well:

"Of course, Platinum Dunes has announced sequels after successful openings that either didn't happen or happened years later (Friday the 13th), so if the drop next week is massive you might see this sequel get stuck in development hell."
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #294
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Well, someone said it very well:

"Of course, Platinum Dunes has announced sequels after successful openings that either didn't happen or happened years later (Friday the 13th), so if the drop next week is massive you might see this sequel get stuck in development hell."
I guess but none of those other movies had the merchandising empire or international appeal that Turtles has.

I don't think many in China were rushing out to see Jason Voorhees. As much as I love the guy.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #295
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
A TMNT sequel will definitely happen. Let's just hope they do it right.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #296
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I guess but none of those other movies had the merchandising empire or international appeal that Turtles has.

I don't think many in China were rushing out to see Jason Voorhees. As much as I love the guy.

Maybe. A case could be made for the Friday the 13th franchise, but that completely excludes the women and kids market, and yeah, I'm not sure how much appeal the franchise has outside of America. And people didn't really care for the last one, which was kind of weird, because the entire series is terrible (sometimes in a good way) and I thought that was one of the better ones. I'm still surprised they didn't do that sequel.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #297
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Maybe. A case could be made for the Friday the 13th franchise, but that completely excludes the women and kids market, and yeah, I'm not sure how much appeal the franchise has outside of America. And people didn't really care for the last one, which was kind of weird, because the entire series is terrible (sometimes in a good way) and I thought that was one of the better ones. I'm still surprised they didn't do that sequel.
Apparently it's slated for next year but who knows. I know it was rumored to be in 3D and set in winter time. That would be cool to see.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #298
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I thought I heard it moved to a completely different company now? Would that be a "sequel" or another "reboot", in that case?

It's so weird that franchise hasn't been relevant for most of the 2000s but we've had like 80 Paranormal Activity movies and a couple hundred Saw flicks (I might be off by a couple).
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #299
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
No Mikey?

Was he kidnapped or something?
Maybe he wouldn't behave and got left home on poster photo day.



Please film folks... listen to feedback on this first one for use on the next.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #300
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Apparently it's slated for next year but who knows. I know it was rumored to be in 3D and set in winter time. That would be cool to see.
Hope so. Love me some Jason, and Michael, just not Zombie's Halloween 2...
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.