The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #61
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No, she's referencing Wormquake.
But in Wormquake, Donnie was just as upset as April when Casey was caught by the worm. You saw it on his face and you could hear it in his broken voice when he said he was sorry. How is that "content"?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:22 AM   #62
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
I think Donnie and Casey just got off the wrong foo... erm I mean April, from the start. When they are not busy fighting for April's attention, they make a pretty good team working together actually, as seen in Wormquake and A Chinatown Ghost Story.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:46 AM   #63
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I think Donnie and Casey just got off the wrong foo... erm I mean April, from the start. When they are not busy fighting for April's attention, they make a pretty good team working together actually, as seen in Wormquake and A Chinatown Ghost Story.
I like how Casey helped Donnie in the second Newtralizer ep too for one part. He had Donnie's back.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #64
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But in Wormquake, Donnie was just as upset as April when Casey was caught by the worm. You saw it on his face and you could hear it in his broken voice when he said he was sorry. How is that "content"?
I didn't see that. If it was April or one of his brothers that had been eaten, he would have grabbed his Bo, put the blade out and dive right into the worm's mouth head first to go and get them. But it's Casey, so no sweat off of his back. Like I said, it's out of character for him.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #65
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I think Donnie and Casey just got off the wrong foo... erm I mean April, from the start. When they are not busy fighting for April's attention, they make a pretty good team working together actually, as seen in Wormquake and A Chinatown Ghost Story.
I suppose that is true...
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #66
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I didn't see that. If it was April or one of his brothers that had been eaten, he would have grabbed his Bo, put the blade out and dive right into the worm's mouth head first to go and get them. But it's Casey, so no sweat off of his back. Like I said, it's out of character for him.
Once Casey was devoured there was little hope that he would have been recovered and someone needed to be there for April in that moment of trama. But that doesn't mean he doesn't feel bad about what happened to Casey, I agree with SSJup, he was upset about Casey's death. And he would be a real bastard to feel anything but remorse for what happened to Casey. Yes, he doesn't particularly like Casey, but at that point both April and Casey were his responsibility. And they were the only people he had left at that moment.

He was also upset when April tells him that Casey was dragged off in of Rat's and Men and you see him sadly hugging April and looking at the sewer entrance where Casey had been pulled into. However the impact wasn't as emotional for him because one there was a likely hood that Casey was still alive. And he is starting to get the hint that April is choosing Casey over him even though he hasn't personally accepted that. So he knows that Casey needs to be rescued for April's sake.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #67
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Once Casey was devoured there was little hope that he would have been recovered and someone needed to be there for April in that moment of trama. But that doesn't mean he doesn't feel bad about what happened to Casey, I agree with SSJup, he was upset about Casey's death. And he would be a real bastard to feel anything but remorse for what happened to Casey. Yes, he doesn't particularly like Casey, but at that point both April and Casey were his responsibility. And they were the only people he had left at that moment.

He was also upset when April tells him that Casey was dragged off in of Rat's and Men and you see him sadly hugging April and looking at the sewer entrance where Casey had been pulled into. However the impact wasn't as emotional for him because one there was a likely hood that Casey was still alive. And he is starting to get the hint that April is choosing Casey over him even though he hasn't personally accepted that. So he knows that Casey needs to be rescued for April's sake.
Look, that's not how I see it. I see Donnie being kind of hopeful that Casey is gone, no matter what. You and your buddie ganging up on me is not going to convince me either way, so just deal with the fact that people are interpreting the scenario different from you. I'm not the only one either, I've seen people reviewing the episodes on youtube claiming the same thing, especially in Wormquake. Donnie could have gone after Casey, but he was being a dick and chose not to! And Donnie isn't upset because Casey is gone, he's upset because April is upset. It has nothing to do with Casey.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #68
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Whoa. No need to get hostile about it, WH. We know you see things differently, but some of us don't see it that way, and I agree with VA and SSJup. If he really was glad Casey was gone, he wouldn't have been so emotional about it and the worm was gone anyway, so there wasn't much he could have done.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #69
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I didn't see that. If it was April or one of his brothers that had been eaten, he would have grabbed his Bo, put the blade out and dive right into the worm's mouth head first to go and get them. But it's Casey, so no sweat off of his back. Like I said, it's out of character for him.
I'm not so sure about that. To me, you just described Raph. I could see him doing that, not the other three.

I could see Donnie panicking over what to do, especially after the worm took off. They could barely outrun it.

That aside, I really do feel your interpretation is wrong here. His face showed sadness and his voice broke, like he was trying not to cry himself. There would be no point in doing this if he didn't care in some way and if the writers wanted us to think otherwise, they probably would've had him respond neutrally without the sad expression which we've seen where he was genuinely sad or down about something. He even had that sad, sympathetic look with Timothy, even though he found him extremely annoying. Donnie is the compassionate one. Mikey as well.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #70
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. To me, you just described Raph. I could see him doing that, not the other three.

I could see Donnie panicking over what to do, especially after the worm took off. They could barely outrun it.

That aside, I really do feel your interpretation is wrong here. His face showed sadness and his voice broke, like he was trying not to cry himself. There would be no point in doing this if he didn't care in some way and if the writers wanted us to think otherwise, they probably would've had him respond neutrally without the sad expression which we've seen where he was genuinely sad or down about something. He even had that sad, sympathetic look with Timothy, even though he found him extremely annoying. Donnie is the compassionate one. Mikey as well.
Donnie was also technically the leader of that little group. And as Splinter pointed out the burden of leadership is responsibility. So Donnie was responsible for both April and Casey's lives so long as he was with them.

Think of this scenario. You come home to find your loved ones one of them is shot and the your second loved one is tramatized because of what happened. An ambulance arrives to take the shot person to the hospital and there is only room for one person in the ambulance.

So do you go with the ambulance or do you stay home and try and get the traumatized person to calm down.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #71
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. To me, you just described Raph. I could see him doing that, not the other three.

I could see Donnie panicking over what to do, especially after the worm took off. They could barely outrun it.

That aside, I really do feel your interpretation is wrong here. His face showed sadness and his voice broke, like he was trying not to cry himself. There would be no point in doing this if he didn't care in some way and if the writers wanted us to think otherwise, they probably would've had him respond neutrally without the sad expression which we've seen where he was genuinely sad or down about something. He even had that sad, sympathetic look with Timothy, even though he found him extremely annoying. Donnie is the compassionate one. Mikey as well.
Have to agree to disagree. For the moment. Maybe future episodes might change my POV, but the way things are, not now.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #72
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I love how there's a page and a half arguing about Casey/Donnie/April. It just proves how much that story has taken a toll on the show.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #73
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I love how there's a page and a half arguing about Casey/Donnie/April. It just proves how much that story has taken a toll on the show.
I wouldn't say taken a toll on the show, but rather fan perception of what's the most interesting new take of this version. There's ton of things to talk about, people just choose to talk about this. It just goes to show that whether you like it or loathe it, it's good for the show.

It's generating discussion and people are talking about it. Can you imagine what we would have been talking during this 2 month wait if not for this, or the leaked April kissing Donnie boards?


Probably would have gotten pretty dull around here. This has people talking, and the people that say it's annoying and bad, haven't stopped watching.

So it's not like it's a death nail to the show's fandom.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #74
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I wouldn't say taken a toll on the show, but rather fan perception of what's the most interesting new take of this version. There's ton of things to talk about, people just choose to talk about this. It just goes to show that whether you like it or loathe it, it's good for the show.
if people talk alot about it that doesn't automatically mean it's good for the show!

People talked alot about the love triangles in Legend of Korra (more bad than good) and that didn't help the show one bit!

(XD I gotta stop using LOK as an example, but it works)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #75
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
if people talk alot about it that doesn't automatically mean it's good for the show!

People talked alot about the love triangles in Legend of Korra (more bad than good) and that didn't help the show one bit!

(XD I gotta stop using LOK as an example, but it works)
Legend of Korra didn't bring 400 million dollars in revenue to Nick based on what the show did either.

Legend of Korra isn't Ninja Turtles.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #76
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Legend of Korra didn't bring 400 million dollars in revenue to Nick based on what the show did either.

Legend of Korra isn't Ninja Turtles.
So because it's ninja turtles it can get away with writing bad stuff?
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #77
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
So because it's ninja turtles it can get away with writing bad stuff?
It's not bad writing to its target audience, is his point.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #78
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's not bad writing to its target audience, is his point.
Just because it's the target audience doesn't mean they are writing the love triangle good.

What I'm saying is...Having a love triangle isn't the problem the way it's written is the problem
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #79
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Just because it's the target audience doesn't mean they are writing the love triangle good.

What I'm saying is...Having a love triangle isn't the problem the way it's written is the problem
BUT IT'S NOT TO THE CHILDREN. The ones who bring in all the cash. They love that ish. Your definition of writing something well is different than theirs, surprise. I know you say "lots" of people have problems with it, but I promise you they're in the minority, especially considering the big picture in Nickelodeon's eyes.

Again, either get over it or stop watching. Simple. Only weirdohs and insane people keep going on with something that annoy and frustrate them.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #80
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
BUT IT'S NOT TO THE CHILDREN. The ones who bring in all the cash. They love that ish. Your definition of writing something well is different than theirs, surprise. I know you say "lots" of people have problems with it, but I promise you they're in the minority, especially considering the big picture in Nickelodeon's eyes.

Again, either get over it or stop watching. Simple. Only weirdohs and insane people keep going on with something that annoy and frustrate them.
Look don't get hostile, I'm talking calmly so you can talk calmly too. If you want to stop debating with me you can.

anyway I went over to the TMNT Nick discussion boards....and your right...they do love shipping...

(Some are getting annoyed by it too but most are pairing like crazy)

If they are gonna make shipping for the kids they could AT LEAST make it tolerable for us teen/adults.........I know it's a kids show, but appealing to more people would only help them.

short term they will enjoy this stuff....long term this show won't be helping itself.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.