The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #381
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, what? Raph's voice only changed for the last 8 episodes of the OT, bar the Euro Vacation episodes and two eps in Season 3.
That's all it took! When you're a kid, once something loses your interest or pisses you off, you pretty much just leave and don't come back. I still haven't watched those episodes after all these years. I tried an OT marathon once, and I couldn't even get through the first season. I was spoiled by the movie and the 2k3 show, so I like the more mature plot lines over the goofy stuff.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #382
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
OMG! Leo only said one line, give it a few episodes and you get used to Leo's new voice.
Hey'll get used to it, he used to complain about the other replacement for a while and now he misses it
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #383
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
the clip looks beautiful, the lighting and everything. I'm am just a little disappointed that Leo has to save his brothers. Is it only me that is getting annoyed with him getting all of the best fights and action. I mean, out of the turtles he had the best fight in the final. in last years final he was going to make a heroic sacrifice twice. it is getting very annoying from me. this has been my favourite version of Leo as I never liked him in any other version, now I am starting to dislike him.

I am also disappointed that is seems, though I cant say for sure that any development that Donnie could have had from being in charge and dealing with guilt is not going to happen. I feel like they have to be building to something with him. with all of the promises he makes and the way he blames himself for things that are not is fault, but it just doesn't seem to be happen.
New rule of the show. If writers said that a certain character is going through a "change" (sarcastic air quotes here) then what they really mean is that the said character is going to change for at least one episode and then revert back to freak'in status quo.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #384
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
That's all it took! When you're a kid, once something loses your interest or pisses you off, you pretty much just leave and don't come back. I still haven't watched those episodes after all these years. I tried an OT marathon once, and I couldn't even get through the first season. I was spoiled by the movie and the 2k3 show, so I like the more mature plot lines over the goofy stuff.
Couldn't even get through the first season? Are you being serious? Its a light-hearted kids show, you know what it was going into it
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #385
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
So, who is worst for you, Seth Green, or Johnny Knoxville (I just want to be clear, I have yet to hear Seth talk for Leo, so I don't know if I will like it or not. I am going in this with a positive head, as I usually like Seth Green in most of his stuff.)
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #386
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Ok, as one of the biggest complainers of Dom as Leo, I've got to say sets voice isn't quite what I expected. But I kind of like it. My biggest problem with Dom was that while yeah his voice matched Biggs, he had little to no inflection. Seems like Seth will do fine. Can't wait

Episode looks great! New backgrounds and areas! Fighting even better than season 2
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #387
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
So, who is worst for you, Seth Green, or Johnny Knoxville (I just want to be clear, I have yet to hear Seth talk for Leo, so I don't know if I will like it or not. I am going in this with a positive head, as I usually like Seth Green in most of his stuff.)
Knoxville was alright as Leo. Odd casting choice, but so is Seth, and he sounds like he's going to be great.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #388
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
You know, As similar Dom's voice was to Bigg's, I didn't really like it because I felt he didn't emote well enough.

I like the guy, but I'm still not to fond of his voice acting.

I'm actually really looking forward to Seth's version.

But this could either turn out really good or really bad, so let's wait and see.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #389
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Couldn't even get through the first season? Are you being serious? Its a light-hearted kids show, you know what it was going into it
That's the deal, I'm not really into light hearted kids shows anymore. I changed my ideals as I grew up.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #390
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
New rule of the show. If writers said that a certain character is going through a "change" (sarcastic air quotes here) then what they really mean is that the character is going to change for at least one episode then revert back to freak'in status quo.
So far they've only said that about Leo and Mikey, minus the new VA of Leo.
Oh, that and some thing about why Raph is the way he is for an episode.

They said Mikey would keep evolving over the course of the show without changing the loveable side of him, guess will see.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #391
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
That's the deal, I'm not really into light hearted kids shows anymore. I changed my ideals as I grew up.
Cartoons don't need to be all mature and angsty. That's the reason Nick's TMNT is a success, its humourous and aimed at kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #392
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
You know, As similar Dom's voice was to Bigg's, I didn't really like it because I felt he didn't emote well enough.

I like the guy, but I'm still not to fond of his voice acting.

I'm actually really looking forward to Seth's version.

But this could either turn out really good or really bad, so let's wait and see.
I gotta agree. Dom was decent as Leo, but the way he delivered some of his lines sounded a bit....off sometimes.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #393
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
You know what, guys. I was concerned with the voice change, too, but I must've watched this clip like five times now and...I like it.

Yeah, it's weird to hear a different voice coming out of Leo, but I've dealt with bigger casting changes than this.

--Donnie in Secret of the ooze.

-- Raph in the last few episodes of the original series (I am a HUGE Rob Paulsen fan, so that was especially heartbreaking for me).

-- Becky on Roseanne.

-- Brody in Iron Man 2.

-- Doctor Who.

Seriously, though, I felt that Green is putting way more emotion in the fighting scenes than both Biggs and Dom ever did. Don't ask me why, but Biggs felt...off during the action scenes. He did the lines, fine, but I guess since Green has more experience as a voice actor than Biggs had, he knew what to deliever.

Loved Biggs as Leo and the same goes for Dom, but I am really excited to see what Green brings to the table.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #394
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Cartoons don't need to be all mature and angsty. That's the reason Nick's TMNT is a success, its humourous and aimed at kids.
But the new show has enough seriousness so I can get passed the humor. Some humor is great, like Leatherhead grabbing Donnie's face. I can watch that over and over and it will still put a smile on my face. Now, Mikey's random burps, I can live without. But, you never would see an episode like Slash and Destroy in the old toon, and Raphael was sarcastic, not tempermental. Not to mention the villains were kind of on the dumb side. I just grew out of that stuff. Hell, there was a time when I would stay up all night to watch a Jackass marathon, now, today, I'm like, WTF was I thinking?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #395
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
In truth they both had a good idea on how to deal with the Kraang. But if they had collaborated, both the second base and the Turtle mech could have been in use. Such as having he second base as a fall back point particularly with getting April, her father, Casey, and possibly his family out of the city during the invasion. Since the invasion would be at their doorstep at any time the Turtle Mech could at least slow down the Kraang invasion for a time as we do see it more or less disable the Krang primes mech suit.

Leo has had an off an on issue with trusting his brothers, particularly Donnie's in this season. Lately with Leo has had a "my way or no way" mentality through out season two.

I wonder if they would look into that further.
that is totally right. that is what should have happened. a good leader would have done that. it seems so simple. leo can take a small group to set up a new base, while the others stay behind to help Donnie with the mech.
I also thought. it leo wanted to just leave the city, does that mean that he wanted to just leave the city to be destroyed. leo at this point actually seems like the worst choice to be leader. milky showed he could do a better job. leo just has to get over himself and listen to his brothers, judging from the clip if he has to save them again, then I don't think that will happen. he will keep thinking that he is always right.
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #396
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Couldn't even get through the first season? Are you being serious? Its a light-hearted kids show, you know what it was going into it
Cubed, we all understand that you love the OT show, but can you stop forcing your opinion on others.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #397
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Seth woulda been a good Leo if he was there from the beginning, but as it stands now, it's just super jarring & doesn't really work for me. If they can make an excuse for it in-series, I'll cope. Ya know, like, maybe Shredder kicked him in the throat & damaged his vocal cords, or something. I dunno. I wasn't sure about Dom at first but he really came into his own & I came to love what he was doing. I'm gonna miss him.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #398
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post

-- Brody in Iron Man 2.
Who the turd is Brody?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #399
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Bingo! I'm a big Raphael fan, how do you think I feel that Raph missed out on not only the lair invasion, but had no but kicking going on during the attack at April's apartment. I'm serious when I say, if the writers really hate Raph that much and have such a hard on for Leo and Donnie, then just get rid of Raph instead of bastardizing his character. I just don't understand what went wrong. Season one was great, because it was mostly equally focused, each Turtle brought something to the team. Season 2 in the beginning, was decent. But lately, it's been way too much the Leo and Donnie show, and it's pathetic that this is the second season finale, and Raphael has been absent for all of the good fight scenes. It's lazy and uncalled for.
I agree with you in part. yes raph and mikey get bady under used. Donnie is my favourite so at first I dont mind because this is the only time he has been give any real importance as a character. which seems insane to because they would not be able to do half of what they do without him. I disagree with you only that when they do use raph and mikey it is great. they don't get much screen time, but when they do they shine and are just great. they were the bets part of the final for me. that hug scene was great. the problem is yes Donnie may get more screen time, but he is never really cool. honestly when was the last time he was allowed to be cool and badass really. he is just used to be made fun off, being a dork. which is fine, it make him cute, but that is all. what happened to episodes like metalhead and monkey brains, when he was dork and badass. he has the least to do in the final and apart for the fight with leo and the scene with april has just seems to subtly direct the other. i get why he did that, but it was annoying. he never really got fight. so honestly i would rather have my favourite character used less but better, then more and poorly. that is just me.
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #400
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Who the turd is Brody?
Ironman's military buddy. In the first movie, he was played by Terrence Howard, but then Howard began to bitch about something and Marvel replaced his ass with Don Cheadle for the rest of the series. What's even more amazing, the fact that Howard bitched even though he was the highest paid actor on the set, even more than RDJ!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.