The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #561
Zatoichi
Thug
 
Zatoichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 98
Saw the "Creep" preview, the Creep gave off SO many Friday the 13th vibes and I liked the score that was playing. Not sure how I feel about Leo's voice though.
__________________
"Come get some."

Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #562
Hurrijak
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
Just an fyi, the masks are the fabric ones. Each color with the TMNT & Turtle Power logo on it. There's also a Turtle Power apron the person running the demo wears. I asked the one at my store for it & they gave it to me so if interested ask at your stores for it.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #563
Ursalink
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 136
I have been having several problems with my computer, so I couldn't post anything for a long time. Now I finally have a chance. I'm not going to lie, Season 2 Finale has been really heartbreaking for me. However, it has made to think over a lot of things too; mainly about the whole things we could see for next season. Let's make an analysis:

1º) Irma's identity:
This has been a really cruel joke!! I really hoped for the turtles to have a third human ally, but now it's ruined... Or is it? You see, I just realized that this fact is quite similar to a famous episode from the 80's series: "The Turtle Terminator". For those who are not so experts in TMNT, in that episode, Shredder and his mutants kidnapped Irma and replaced it with a robot disguised like her; which was programmed to eliminate the turtles as soon as it find them. Its main weapon were laser beam's eyes. Once they defeated it, they reprogrammed it and send it against Shredder and Kraang. You see, if they have taken the idea from that episode, I would like to consider two options:
- I would like to think that there's still a real Irma Langinstein. You see, the first hint of Irma in the series was the episode "Mousers Attack!", where she appeared calling April's phone. Later, the Kraang found April's High School in "The Alien Agenda" thanks to her school project. If Irma was from the beginning a spy, then why would the Kraang need to find her through the school project? I believe there's still a real Irma who was April's friend, but when the Kraang found April's high school, they kidnapped her and replaced her with their spy. In that case, there's still a chance we'll see a real human Irma who will become ally of the turtles. If I'm right, she's probably imprisoned by the Kraang in some of their facilities; just like April's dad before being rescued by Donnie. I hope to be right with this.
- The other option is that Donnie will reconstruct the robotic Irma and she will be reprogrammed to be April's bodyguard or something. Sounds very unlikely, in my opinion. I prefer option one.

2º) Splinter and the Turtles separated:
The lair destroyed, the turtles running away, the city under siege, Splinter missed... I found this situation mixed from several versions of the same story. The 2003's version "The Shredder Strikes Back", and the first movie from 1990. The turtles are separated from Splinter, but it's clear that they will return at some point to New York and find him. I'm quite sure that Splinter and at least Leo will learn somehow that each other is fine, similar to how the turtles did in 1990's movie through meditation to contact him. In the meantiem, I'm quite sure each one will mainly work in a way for the unavoidable "second round" of this battle:

+ Splinter: He's still in New York, so I suspect he will surely stay in the shadows of the city in hopes of keeping the Kraang and the Foot in check to find a way to stop them. And while he does that, I suspect he will recruit a group formed with powerful allies to make New York won't be entirely "unprotected" without the turtles. These are my candidates:
- Karai: We have seen some sketches which could reveal these two will have a chance to bonding after all. After seeing how she saved Splinter, it's obvious some of Karai's human mind has been restored. Splinter could surely train her to keep her snake's instincts under control and take the best benefit of her new form. She could be the new group "Leo".
- Slash: The destruction of the lair will surely make Slash worried, but he will probably discover that Raph and the others are alive thanks to his nose. He will surely find Splinter and join him, and Splinter will surely train him to control his anger and be a better ninja, and this group "Raph".
- Leatherhead: This is another powerful ally that Splinter will surely find while exploring the city. After his defeat, I'm sure Leatherhead now hates the Shredder as much as the Kraangs; especially since he has allied himself with them. Splinter could also teach him to control his instincts and be a better fighter against the Kraang and the Shredder. He could be this group's "Mikey".
- Newtralizer: Both times the turtles has found this guy, they had to battle him. His style is extremely "Punisher", which gave the turtles a lot of troubles. He will possibly won't like the turtles for meddling in his matters, but I would like to think that he still hates the Kraang more, which could lead to an uneasy alliance. Splinter could put this guy in his place and turn him into an ally. Since he understand technology, he could be this group "Donnie".
- Other allies: There are other mutants who Splinter could recruit and train, even although they are not fighters, their abilities could be useful. Pete the Pidgeon could work as aerial explorer and Sir Malachi's illusion powers could be quite useful to them too.

+ The turtles: It's obvious that the turtles will stay in April's farm to heal themselves and regroup after their first important defeat. And in the meantime, looks like they will have to keep fighting since there are mutants in the proximities too. By the images posted recently, I would say the turtles will find a new "sensei" in the Punk Frogs' master. He will surely teach them to get stronger thanks to nature; and once they have completed their training, they will return to New York. Surely they will find Master Splinter and join forces with their other allies.

3º) Earth's Protection Force: If it's true that group is this series too (which would make sense after the Technodrome attack and the new Invasion), I think it's obvious Agent Bishop won't be too far. In the 2003's, he was both ally and enemy of the turtles depending of the circumstances; although it seemed more like an ally after "Fast Forward". Well, considering these series turned the allies Urom into the foes Kraangs, I believe the most logic thing here would be turning the Earth's Protection Force into allies of the turtles. Mainly because the alliance between the Turtles and the EPF would be a balanced match for the alliance between the Foot and the Kraang. Sure, at first Bishop will surely don't trust the turtles, but I suspect maybe he will discover their history thanks to Jack Kurtzman; and they are fighting against the alien invasion, he will consider them as potential allies. Besides, if Donnie reveals to Bishop that he knows how to create retromutagen to cure the Kraang's victims, Bishop will surely give them the resources to create it. And with the EPF's resources, Donnie and the Turtles could do a lot of good too. They could reconstruct Metalhead, cure Mutagen Man, Dr Rockwell too... etc. I'm not sure about this, but I suspect Bishop will try to create his own mutants too; and as result, I believe we could see the Justice Force's creation.

4º) When this is over, it's clear that the Turtles will need to find a new lair to live. I'm thinking maybe they will live in an abandoned train station, just like in the second movie of 1991 and the series "The Next Mutation". I see it as the best option.

Well, what do you think of all this?

PD: I think Karai's new name as "Kiba" is going to be his way to break with the Shredder's influence as Karai. It's quite curious her new name is "Kiba", as it means "fang" in japanese. By the way, do you remember 80's Leonardo's fear on snakes? I believe we could a little reference around here.
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #564
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Spoiler:
SPOILERS AHEAD
It was a short preview. It opens up with April explaining the state of the team and then Leo wakes up. His voice is changed becuase Shredder crushed it throat. Donnie feeds him mutagen medicne and he goes out to train and then pukes up the medicne. It sinks into the ground and two glowing eyes appear.


Leo's vomit created the Creep.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #565
saber16
Foot Soldier
 
saber16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42JR2B53Ac

(sorry about the quality, but it'll do for now)

Love the homage to the first film/mirage comics in the opening to the farm - which, might I add, looks STUNNING. I can't wait to see it in HD.

So their trying to ease viewers in to Leo's new voice. I'm sure a lot of fans will appreciate that, at least their being more subtle about it.

Mikey's new show is revealed!

Some great family bonding between Leo and Raph.

Lastly, it looks like the theory that Casey was mutated into the Creep is debunked.
__________________

Last edited by saber16; 09-27-2014 at 02:51 PM.
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #566
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber16 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42JR2B53Ac

(sorry about the quality, but it'll do for now)

So their trying to ease viewers in to Leo's new voice.
Oh, and Mikey's new show is revealed!
Totally call on new tv show being a parody of He-man.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #567
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Totally call on new tv show being a parody of He-man.
No it isn't, it's Thundar the Barbarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #568
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No it isn't, it's Thundar the Barbarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian
You're right, but the shows just looks so similar.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #569
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No it isn't, it's Thundar the Barbarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian
How do you even know this? I never even heard of this show before, like, ever!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #570
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
How do you even know this? I never even heard of this show before, like, ever!
JTH posted it under spoilers in the Walmart thread.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #571
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No it isn't, it's Thundar the Barbarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian
I thought it was He Man. It can be mistaken for it easily.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #572
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
How do you even know this? I never even heard of this show before, like, ever!
Really? I thought it was well known. It pretty much takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. I think the stupid story line had something to do with a runaway planet in the 90s causing the earth to screw up.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #573
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Really? I thought it was well known. It pretty much takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. I think the stupid story line had something to do with a runaway planet in the 90s causing the earth to screw up.
I went on youtube to watch the intro, and nope, never heard of this one. He-Man yes, this show, no.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #574
raphmike
Foot Soldier
 
raphmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
How do you even know this? I never even heard of this show before, like, ever!
me to never see show before i was too young back then close to around 80's
raphmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #575
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
How do you even know this? I never even heard of this show before, like, ever!
I'd seen the reruns of this when I was a lad. I don't remember anything specific about it, but I do recall some parts.

With the new show's name I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't skew Conan a bit as well.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #576
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'd seen the reruns of this when I was a lad. I don't remember anything specific about it, but I do recall some parts.

With the new show's name I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't skew Conan a bit as well.
I think early, I still was a fan of it, Cartoon Network used to show it, or either it reran on USA at one point back in the 80s. It's even mentioned in one of the old CN promos with the rap. Stuff the network was showing at the time. Maybe round about '94, '95?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #577
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Wow, I think I'm gonna love Seth as Leo.

I'm loving his new voice
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #578
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I'm surprised that Leo didn't ask any questions about Splinter and/or the city...seriously can't wait for this season, though. Looks like it'll be a nice change of pace.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #579
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I think early, I still was a fan of it, Cartoon Network used to show it, or either it reran on USA at one point back in the 80s. It's even mentioned in one of the old CN promos with the rap. Stuff the network was showing at the time. Maybe round about '94, '95?
Whoa, NOSTALGIA BOMB!!!! I can't believe I actually remember some of the lyrics of that!
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #580
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
Whoa, NOSTALGIA BOMB!!!! I can't believe I actually remember some of the lyrics of that!
Yeah, same here. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.