The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #61
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
True enough. Leo's shell is supposedly cracked too, though I didn't personally notice anything, at least not this time around.

Edit: Though I suppose it's 3 months later so that's reasonable enough time for it to have healed. (No mark from it though?)
I'd atleast expect a scar.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #62
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Raph hasn't had a good ep in awhile. It's mostly Leo and Donnie who get the best episodes.
Hmmm. I wonder. I really don't put any stock into ratings, but there have been so many threads that point out that Ciro and many believe Raph and Mikey are the fan favorites, so that is why they are having Leo and Donnie get all of the best episodes and have the most fleshed out character development, but I am wondering, if the lack of Raph and Mikey having great episodes, considering they are believed to be the heavy weight fan favorites, could be the reason the ratings are slipping? People getting tired of the Leo and Don show?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #63
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Hmmm. I wonder. I really don't put any stock into ratings, but there have been so many threads that point out that Ciro and many believe Raph and Mikey are the fan favorites, so that is why they are having Leo and Donnie get all of the best episodes and have the most fleshed out character development, but I am wondering, if the lack of Raph and Mikey having great episodes, considering they are believed to be the heavy weight fan favorites, could be the reason the ratings are slipping? People getting tired of the Leo and Don show?
I don't think its that. Mikey and Raph get big roles in the episodes, but Leo and Donnie get the focus most of the time. The next episode is Don-centric.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #64
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Leo's lungs were damaged and he's becoming more mature. He's going to sound different.
I thought it was his throat that was damaged?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
>.> Now wait just a turtle pickin' minute...

I could agree they need to beef up their storylines a bit, but I'd rather no one gets sidelined because of it, just bring some up to par.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #66
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I thought it was his throat that was damaged?
it was both
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #67
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I thought it was his throat that was damaged?
Damage to the lungs would cause his voice to change more then the throat I assume.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #68
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You think any chance Raph will have some kind of mild residual effect after that? o.O I mean, if his mutagen was mixed with that monster and then removed from it...

I find it interesting though that they went with the mutagen being still in you concept like the new movie. I mean, normally they're just affected by it, not still carrying it? This series like the rest...I thought it had only just touched them.
Maybe, maybe not. There are just some things in this show that are just thrown in there for the kicks. I still can't believe the Turtles didn't know what pizza was or how to pronounce it when they went up top for the first time. That was just plain dumb, and I'm pretty sure it's something that is going to be pretend that it never existed. People were also expecting something to happen to Raph when Karaisnake spat in his eye, but nothing came of it. Yet.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #69
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I thought it was his throat that was damaged?
Which was followed up by "And everything else for that matter."
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #70
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Damage to the lungs would cause his voice to change more then the throat I assume.
No, it doesn't! My father had lung cancer, and his lungs were severely damaged from multiple collapses. His voice never changed. My uncle however, had throat cancer, and his voice did change from the damage done to his vocal chords.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #71
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
My father had lung cancer, and his lungs were severely damaged from multiple collapses. His voice never changed. My uncle however, had throat cancer, and his voice did change from the damage done to his vocal chords.
Sorry to hear about that, though it makes sense that any damage to the throat could effect one's voice. Heck every time I have a bad cold, my throat gets all scratchy and I end up sounding like Mickey Mouse on crack.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #72
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita27 View Post
idk about Leo being out for 3 months, I can see 1 week, but not 3 months- wouldn't Leo starve?
Maybe behind the scenes moments where Donnie fashioned and used feeding tube of some sort.

After all while Raph is doing majority of the Leo care, in the art work April has in the journal where Donnie and Mikey are sitting with Raph maybe they have their moments where they look in on or help with Leo.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #73
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Sorry to hear about that, though it makes sense that any damage to the throat could effect one's voice. Heck every time I have a bad cold, my throat gets all scratchy and I end up sounding like Mickey Mouse on crack.
Thanks. But one could just look at all of the singers in the past whose vocals changed and some were plain out destroyed from screaming or straining too much. I'm waiting for Chester Bennington's voice to finally crap out on him.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #74
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
No, it doesn't! My father had lung cancer, and his lungs were severely damaged from multiple collapses. His voice never changed. My uncle however, had throat cancer, and his voice did change from the damage done to his vocal chords.
Sorry. Thats rough, Warhorse.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #75
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
So pretty much, if you're a Raphael fan then the episode is yet again Another Middle Finger to Raphael fans...despite all of the people on this board who kept telling & posting to me in comments to 'just wait, just wait, just wait'...and it's just 'Raph gets turned into a flower'. That's it for him.

Yep. Bravo. I wonder how many episodes it Will take folks on here to realize the bull going on with how they're using/treating certain characters like Raph on this show...and how they will do Nothing with him but crap like this. Nah, he can't be a badass. This week we turn him into a flower and give him nothing else for him to do...congrats.

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 10-03-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #76
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So pretty much, if you're a Raphael fan then the episode is yet again Another Middle Finger to Raphael fans...despite all of the people on this board who kept telling & posting to me in comments to 'just wait, just wait, just wait'...and it's just 'Raph gets turned into a flower'. That's it for him.

Yep. Bravo. I wonder how many episodes it Will take folks on here to realize the BS going on with how they're using certain characters like Raphael on this show...
hey, it could always be worse, he could've been a plant for several eps
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #77
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
hey, it could always be worse, he could've been a plant for several eps
He might as well be. As of lately? He's been about as useful to the show as a plant would be...so why not?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #78
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So pretty much, if you're a Raphael fan then the episode is yet again Another Middle Finger to Raphael fans...despite all of the people on this board who kept telling & posting to me in comments to 'just wait, just wait, just wait'...and it's just 'Raph gets turned into a flower'. That's it for him.

Yep. Bravo. I wonder how many episodes it Will take folks on here to realize the BS going on with how they're using certain characters like Raphael on this show...and how they will do Nothing with him but crap like this. Nah, he can't be a badass. This week we turn him into a flower and give him nothing else for him...
Uh huh...so see ya next week.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #79
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
So still no online version yet?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #80
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Uh huh...so see ya next week.
Actually, I didn't see the episode. And yeah, I know people will whine about that.

But here's the thing...as a Raphael fan, why should I? When someone I know sees it and says "All Raph does is turn into a flower, and does nothing else. He's absent for most of the episode" and once again showed that he's a Useless character...and No One disagreed with that statement on the boards, then it tells the whole thing for me.

I'm not watching the show until they give Raphael something to actually Do and stop treating him like he's a pointless character who seems completely useless to the team. I'd love for that to happen, I really would.

When someone comes up to me and says 'hey, in this episode they did Raph Justice'...whether by treating him like a badass again or as a worthy character, then I'll give the show a look again.

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 10-03-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.