The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1201
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Is it me or does Casey have a more prominent relationship with Donnie rather than Raph?
He is! Why do you think Raph fans are getting a little pissed off that they are taking arcs that have been traditionally Raph's and giving them to Donnie, to boost up his character development. In the end, Raph is seriously getting the short end of the stick because of the hard on the creators got for Donnie. I don't mind making Donnie the star, but don't do it at the expense of another character, especially one of the other Turtles. Donnie already has April and Timothy, and more than likely will have more of Baxter in the future, and probably Bishop as well. Leave Casey as Raph's friend.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #1202
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
I don't know how I feel about Hun. I do agree how he could have easily been a new character because this doesn't seem like a re-imagine version of Hun.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #1203
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I don't know how I feel about Hun. I do agree how he could have easily been a new character because this doesn't seem like a re-imagine version of Hun.
I have my reason why I dislike the route they are going with Hun, but it's best to not open that pandora's box on the forums.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #1204
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I have my reason why I dislike the route they are going with Hun, but it's best to not open that pandora's box on the forums.
It just that would be nice when they introduce new characters, that they (the writers) have this storyline prepare in their head instead of treating he like he's the new flavor of the month. I mean if you're going to bring old characters back, you have got understand how iconic some of these are.

It's not that I want them to be the extant same copy of the original. I want to see what spin they put on these characters like Hun being Casey's dad or something.

With this....like what dynamic can this character bring, because right now all I can see is that he's Tiger Claw's badass replacement?

Maybe I'm being too harsh about this. They did a great job with the Rat King after all.

I don't know. I just don't know.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-12-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #1205
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I'm not sure what Season 3 stuff everyone has seen from the NYCC panel, but here area the videos I took of future-season spoiler stuff. Some are just storyboard sequencing, but it has the voice-acting dubbed in.

Spoiler:

Here's the beginning of the episode we were shown about April's mom.
http://youtu.be/d2yb45oBnc4


Here's the storyboard sequence of Bebop and Rocksteady becoming mutants.
http://youtu.be/cDnCb-4wcUI

Here's a storyboard clip from the 'spirit quest' episode. Looks to be fun an action packed.
http://youtu.be/Hay6RgV_yMc

And here's the introduction of Hun, who looks amazing. I can't wait.
http://youtu.be/z-5HQtX719w?list=UUy...ze9KR8H1GDgdvA




I apologize in advance for my cackling in some of the videos. lol
Awesome stuff! Can't wait for this!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #1206
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
I think I also took a video of Rob Paulsen acting out DOnnie and Raph fighting, which was entertaining. He also went through himself doing the voice for each turtle, and then did George Takei as Leonardo and I died.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #1207
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post

With this....like what dynamic can this character bring, because right now all I can see is that he's Tiger Claw's badass replacement?
I doubt he's the replacement, but he might be a former ally, given that the Foot essentially sold out humanity's future. But we'll see, since all we have to go on is his scowling face.

Speaking of Tigerclaw, anybody have a clue as to why he's not in B~ and St~'s mutation clip? That's a bit bizarre, given that Baxter is even there and even Xever, and they are almost minor bit characters at this point. I wonder if something happened to him?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #1208
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Speaking of Tigerclaw, anybody have a clue as to why he's not in B~ and St~'s mutation clip? That's a bit bizarre, given that Baxter is even there and even Xever, and they are almost minor bit characters at this point. I wonder if something happened to him?
Spoiler:
He demutated back to Hun.


(no not really)
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #1209
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I like the new Hun. I doubt the 2K3 creators even gave a damn about him anyway considering what they did to him later on, I know I didn't!?
What on earth? The 4kids writers kept Hun throughout the entire run of the show all the way up to Turtles Forever.

He was the most prominent recurring villain in the series besides Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #1210
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Spoiler:
He demutated back to Hun.


(no not really)
watch that happen.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #1211
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What on earth? The 4kids writers kept Hun throughout the entire run of the show all the way up to Turtles Forever.

He was the most prominent recurring villain in the series besides Shredder.
You just made his point...
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #1212
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
You just made his point...
No his point was the 4kids writers discarded him, which they didn't.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #1213
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No his point was the 4kids writers discarded him, which they didn't.
They kept him along, but not really doing anything. In a way, they did discard him.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #1214
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No his point was the 4kids writers discarded him, which they didn't.
That wasn't his point.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #1215
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
They kept him along, but not really doing anything. In a way, they did discard him.
This is quite the odd statement. Since he was a major character throughout Seasons 1-3, then leads the Purple Dragons in Season 4. In Season 5 he was treated like an afterthought, but then in Season 7 he became a major character again. And he was in Turtles Forever.

What you guys are saying is ridiculous. Hun was the most prominent recurring villain of the show besides Baxter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #1216
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is quite the odd statement. Since he was a major character throughout Seasons 1-3, then leads the Purple Dragons in Season 4. In Season 5 he was treated like an afterthought, but then in Season 7 he became a major character again. And he was in Turtles Forever.

What you guys are saying is ridiculous. Hun was the most prominent recurring villain of the show besides Baxter.
For the first three seasons he was. After that he popped up here and there and not really doing anything until he was mutated in Turtles Forever.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #1217
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
For the first three seasons he was. After that he popped up here and there and not really doing anything until he was mutated in Turtles Forever.
You sound to me like you have no memory of the show. Hun was a major part of Season 4. That season was evenly split between Bishop, Karai and Hun as the 3 main antagonists.

Season 5 he was only in the end of it because what did you expect? FF doesn't count because none of the old villains were there and in Season 7 he was in most of the episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #1218
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I'm going to back up the fact that Hun had quite a bit of presence in the 4Kids series after season three. Everything with him building his own criminal empire took place in season four and beyond. He and the Purple Dragons remained quite prominent as second-string threats, getting plenty of build up and inciting plot threads well into the final season. He was a significant part of Turtles Forever as well.

As for how much the new version matches previous ones, who honestly cares? TMNT as a franchise has always played fast and loose with re-imagined characters, to the point that different versions have, from the very first branchings, only resembled one another in one major aspect. That this character is leader of the Purple Dragons is enough for him to be this series' Hun, as far as I can see. Though I'm guessing other nods to previous versions will crop up throughout his appearances.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #1219
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
I understand why Raph fans are pissed, to heck even Casey is getting arc here dealing with Hun.

Over all though, season three sounds like it's really lacking a lot.

I'm not a fan of 80s horror flicks besides maybe Beetle Juice and maybe Ghost dad, so that nixes that for me.

Shipping ( Well I consider it shipping, I thought shipping meant people being paired that aren't canon yet, Donnie x April has not happened so ) Than we have this new girl who Mikey will be crushing on soon

I don't like that Tiger Claw is being replaced, liked Hun in the 2003 series and all but in the 2012 series Tiger Claw became a favorite of mine

Spirit Quest sounds cool, so does the Casey / Hun arc but...
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #1220
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Who said Tiger Claw was being replaced?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.