The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #3861
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier
 
BubbaShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Of course. Do you watch the show?
Not very often. I hadn't realized he had appeared already.
BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #3862
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What the hell is that? I was thinking about getting Rocksteady, but now I don't know.

Can you post a backside pic of Bebop?


Here is the wheel.
There are two more; one on each ankle.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #3863
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...A89FF39FC4.jpg

Here is the wheel.
There are two more; one on each ankle.
Is Baxter fly well painted and can you post a pic
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #3864
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
Not very often. I hadn't realized he had appeared already.
He appeared only in Human form as Anton Zeck in the Episode "The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto" and the Rocksteady toy hints that the Russian Arms dealer Steranko will become Rocksteady so it will be interesting to see how they become mutated when it eventually happens. I assume that it will be punishment for trying to steal Shredder's Helmet.

I loved the nod that Baxter Stockman gave in "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman" that he had ideas for mutations that were a rhino and a warthog and supposedly had a "Project Ace Duck" that Shredder considered to be useless. These little things make the new show great for fans of all ages and I love watching it with my 2 boys.

Now that they are introducing the Punk Frogs I hope that a wave of Frog toys gets announced soon. If they skipped a wave of Turtle variants and put out all 4 frogs at once that would be awesome.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #3865
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
He appeared only in Human form as Anton Zeck in the Episode "The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto" and the Rocksteady toy hints that the Russian Arms dealer Steranko will become Rocksteady so it will be interesting to see how they become mutated when it eventually happens. I assume that it will be punishment for trying to steal Shredder's Helmet.

I loved the nod that Baxter Stockman gave in "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman" that he had ideas for mutations that were a rhino and a warthog and supposedly had a "Project Ace Duck" that Shredder considered to be useless. These little things make the new show great for fans of all ages and I love watching it with my 2 boys.

Now that they are introducing the Punk Frogs I hope that a wave of Frog toys gets announced soon. If they skipped a wave of Turtle variants and put out all 4 frogs at once that would be awesome.
at NYCC Comic Con they showed the storyboard sequence of Bebop and Rocksteady's Mutation
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #3866
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
It looks like the leg articulation has gone from Rocksteady too.
For a villain figure there is a surprising amount of paint apps
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #3867
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Has Playmates given an update on when we'll be seeing Classic Collection Krang and Shredder?
I'd also like a little info on this, if any...
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #3868
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4
Random Punk
 
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mexico
Posts: 48
So yeah, Steranko is russian, but a sickle and a hammer for weapons? Come on...
__________________
"...about as useless as a trench coat on a turtle."
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #3869
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
For some reason, he reminds me of gatekeeper rocksteady.....
That's an insult to that beautiful hand sculpted toy!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #3870
mvas11
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
That's an insult to that beautiful hand sculpted toy!
Playmate toys website has official pics of rocksteady and bebop toys as well as 4 new turtle variants and baxter
mvas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #3871
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4 View Post
So yeah, Steranko is russian, but a sickle and a hammer for weapons? Come on...
why? is it typical? racist? he is a commy after all.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #3872
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier
 
BlueKatanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvas11 View Post
Playmate toys website has official pics of rocksteady and bebop toys as well as 4 new turtle variants and baxter
I saw that. Strange that they list the mystic turtles on the website so early, when as far as I know they're not part of the next wave:

http://playmatestoys.com/customer-service/whats-new/
__________________

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #3873
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...A89FF39FC4.jpg

Here is the wheel.
There are two more; one on each ankle.
How does the feature work?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #3874
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
How does the feature work?
Tou get his back against the wall and then you can rollit up and down like Anton Zeck didI
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #3875
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Tou get his back against the wall and then you can rollit up and down like Anton Zeck didI
Oh. I thought it stuck to the wall on its own.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #3876
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Update on Bebop.
I decided to read the packaging last night. I noticed that the back of the darker Bebop figure had the lighter one as the figure in the list of available toys.
Also, I noticed on the base of the pack, a special feature ! Yes, Bebop has a special feature... A wall rolling feature.
He has a little wheel built into his back, and one in each ankle, so that he can be rolled down a wall. Maybe this is something he will do in the show.

And here is Rocksteady.
My first impressions were not exactly possitive...

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...ce93a345dc.jpg

Ehhhh…the soft headed Rocksteady was always the best one.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #3877
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
My favorite original figures from the show are BB and RS. I have a few variations, but their original TV figure versions are the best. The sculpt in the Gatekeeper RS is superb.
I must say that these new versions don't quite live up to their original counterparts.
As for the workings of the new BB. Yes, it's a straight forward rolling up and down on the wall ,or the floor, or wherever!!! Nothing special !!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #3878
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier
 
mikeyatemypizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Terra
Posts: 211
[QUOTE=DVD;1374940]My favorite original figures from the show are BB and RS. I have a few variations, but their original TV figure versions are the best. The sculpt in the Gatekeeper RS is superb.
I must say that these new versions don't quite live up to their original counterparts.

Yeah they should have been like Moffat and turned them into Mistresses
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #3879
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyatemypizza View Post
Yeah they should have been like Moffat and turned them into Mistresses
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #3880
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Unhappy

Does the action feature work? Does it fall off the wall at all?
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.