![]() |
|
|
#141 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
I actually got the game and it's not bad as some people make it out to be. There's tonnes of exploration and puzzles in ruins, reminds me of tomb raider. The fast/running has segments for it, so you can't run fast all the time but I'm not to fussy about it. This is a spinoff after all and a welcomed fresh new take for me.
My fave character is Amy Rose because she's the one who can jump the highest among the characters (triple jumps!), and her hammer is handy during battle. Speaking about bugs, I only faced one during cutscene (lip synch problem) but it's probably because I rushed to the mice character too suddenly after a bounce pad appeared near the exit. But a few punches on the button and I'm on track again. No ridiculous bugs like AC Unity going through the floor, crazy poses, no faces, etc. I genuinely enjoying it. Let's see how it holds up till the end. |
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
|
Eh, this week’s episode was so ok its average. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric reminds me to much of Jak and Daxter/Crash: Mind over Mutant and I didn’t like either of those games. I think I’m done with the Sonic Boom franchise, I’m glad other people like it though.
Maybe I'll check out a few more episodes in the future, but for now I'm taking a break. |
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
tactical blackquill
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
|
It isn't being blinded by nostalgia, it's having standards.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#144 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Man, I must have missed this show again! Does it air on Friday nights or what?
I see on my TVguide that CN reruns it very early Sunday morning. Can Amy take advantage of the infinite jump glitch like Knuckles can?
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#146 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
I've watched all the Sonic shows and I think Sonic Boom is the best of the bunch. The humour reminds me of AOSTH and tmnt 1987. I'm glad that the cartoon uses Sonic characters and there are no original characters such as Sally and Chris hogging the limelight. I like that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. Satam took itself too seriously and fell flat as a result.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) |
|
|
|
|
|
#147 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
Quote:
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sticks_the_Badger |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#148 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
|
Quote:
XD......I can not wake myself up that early....
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
|
If it "fell flat", it would'nt be as highly regarded as it has been.
More people will remember Satam far more than they ever will Boom. That is a fact you will have to accept. Boom will fizzle out and fade into irrelevancy eventually just like the others. And AOSTH sucked. It's only worth anything now because of the memes it's produced online
__________________
Spider-Man: The Rescue Spider-Man: The Galloping Cat Spider-Man: Scarlet Mirror Doctor Who: Child of the Daleks Last edited by ZariusTwo; 11-15-2014 at 02:04 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Second Gear
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#151 | |
|
tactical blackquill
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
|
Quote:
People use the good Sonic games as a standard for what a good Sonic game is like. If a Sonic game doesn't meet that standard, it's not a good Sonic game. This should be common sense.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#152 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
Quote:
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#153 |
|
tactical blackquill
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
|
Sonic the Comic and SatAM were totally different things, though.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#154 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
Yeah, that was a bad comparison. I thought Sonic Underground had a more realistic depiction of Robotnik's dictatorship, though, even though it had its own problems. Seasons two and three of Sonic X were sort of good.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) Last edited by Wesley; 11-16-2014 at 11:06 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#155 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
This show has its work cut out for it. It seems like any show not produced in-house at Cartoon Network has a really tough time getting favorable promotion on that station these days. Look what happened to the most recent DC Nation and Scooby-Doo... and those properties are even owned by the parent company!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#156 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
SatAM is probably always gonna be my favorite Sonic joint, but I like most versions to some degree. I still haven't seen this one yet, I'll check it out one of these days.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#157 | ||
|
A Crusty Bob Fan
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
|
Quote:
Maybe I'll gradually warm up the AoStH series. * I could only take to watching the show in small doses as a kid. * I have mixed views from Sonic Underground to Sonic X. As for Sonic Boom, maybe I can catch it on YouTube.
__________________
Quote:
Last edited by DarkFell; 11-15-2014 at 07:08 PM. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#158 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
I watched AoStH every day as a kid because it was on right before I left for school, but even then I thought the jokes were a little bit too "kiddie". I didn't like how Tails was portrayed, I get that he's young but they made him like, a helpless infant, practically. I don't dislike it, but it was a little too "Loony Tunes" for me. I can watch either but I definitely preferred SatAM even then.
Oddly, I never got to catch much of Sonic X back in the day when it was on. I'm a pretty big Sonic fan but that show is a huge blank spot for me, I know nothing about it. I never liked Sonic Underground much. |
|
|
|
|
|
#159 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I'm proud to own the entire Dic Sonic collection on DVD, even if I've only watched about 10 episodes off the Sonic Underground Vol. 1 (Half Price Books was having a liquidation sale of the sets shrink wrapped for about $5 each so I snagged the series on the cheap).
The Satam show really deserves some respect for the fact that the creators cared so much about taking the show seriously. Part of me wishes it was a little bit more like the classic video games though.
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#160 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
Feck. I only have Vol. 2 of Underground. I saw Vol. 1, said, "Eh, I got a ton of stuff today, it'll be here next weekend," and it wasn't. I think I need the last volume of AoStH too, but I gotta check.
Yeah, SatAM could've been more like the games, but I feel like they prioritized telling a specific story over literal game-accuracy, and for what it's worth I liked it. I would have liked to see Season 3. I get how it was a bit too self-serious for some folks, but when it came out I was at an age where I was getting more into that kind of show. I should re-watch that one of these days. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| peanut |
|
|