![]() |
|
|
#101 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
|
I have yet to see Winter Soldier, but GotG was not trash. To each his own, though.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo. |
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Yes it's fine if you do enjoy it, don't mind me. It's just not my taste. There are many issues for me for that film, especially the cringey and unfunny parts, but I'll focus on the climax: That final boss fight using a dance off and finally they all hold hands at the end to defeat the villain. I mean... really? *facepalm*What is this, carrebears? my little pony friendship is magic?
Despite it all, I kinda adore Rocket and Groot. I wouldn't mind if the movie only stars them as the leads. Them against the universe. |
|
|
|
|
|
#103 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
yea.. in all honesty... that ending needed work. Did they run out of ideas?
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#104 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
|
Admittedly, I found the ending a bit iffy, as well. Definitely one of its weaker aspects. And another thing that bugged me towards the end of the film... It's reported that the city has been completely evacuated, but right after Ronan's defeated, everyone's....suddenly back in the city again? That had me scratching my head, and bothered me more than it should have.
Still a good movie, though. The prison scenes were the strongest, from my perspective.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo. Last edited by Gunpowder; 12-09-2014 at 03:40 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#105 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
clearly they all live in the same city from Dragonball Z... good thing they all made it safe at the very last moment lol
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#106 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
|
Free Earbuds at Toys R Us with the Blu-Ray.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#107 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
|
Quote:
now im stuck between the GOTG "Target bonus exclusive" or GOTG "Best Buy Steelbook".. its for my son for Christmas and I feel like he'd appreciate the Steelbook as opposed to Dad appreciating an exclusive bonus feature lol.. decisions, decisions.. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
|
for some reason i cant even find the target specials with the 4 different slip covers... wtf???
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#109 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
Quote:
I'll save you the trouble... Best Buy is sold out on GOTG steelbook. Seriously. Websites are closed and it seems there was a small printing. One of my stores sold out in 15min from opening (I called) and the other had 7 before the doors opened, but they wouldn't hold me a copy. You'll have to work over more than double the price on eBay
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory Last edited by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza; 12-09-2014 at 03:11 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#110 |
|
A New Day, A New Headache
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
|
It was pretty weird, but it fit Quinn's personality and the tone of the movie as a whole. That ending had me laughing like crazy, even if it was completely ludicrous. I'm just glad a movie with a talking raccoon and tree didn't try to take itself too seriously.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#111 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
|
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenag.../79116/#Review
In case anyone wanted an in-depth review on the Blu-ray...
__________________
![]() Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary. |
|
|
|
|
|
#112 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
|
Quote:
But either way, I'm getting my copy on Tuesday via Amazon. Here's an image of the Main Menu, I'm sure its animated.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#113 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
ppsshh I totally posted the bluray.com review first... >_>
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#114 |
|
Saved by
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#115 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
But what movie would suck enough to do THAT ridiculous thing? Hahaah |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#116 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
|
I find them both to be awful.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#117 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
|
After seeing the news of this, I'll likely wait until I see these in the $5 bin unfortunately given how limited content is provided. We've already discussed this film in death and sadly this is a "save for a rainy day" type of package. Unlike a comic series or TV episode where a recurring, recycled plot can be gone away with for a little with, a movie needs to show a much richer form of artistry, and unfortunately if it weren't for the hype and momentum along with the novelty of being the first live action Turtle movie in over 20 years, this film would have been unprofitable.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/ 30 years of Turtle Power! |
|
|
|
|
|
#118 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
Well to be fair... they were holding hands while holding an artifact of doom that kills whoever touches it so they were kinda dispersing the power among themselves to stop the bad guy without dying in the process..... but yeah, people would rather see heroes take down the bad guy with buck buck.
d kinda rather have 'I'm distracting you, asshole!' myself.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#119 | ||
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
Anyone who thinks Guardians of the Galaxy was trash has literally no sense of humour.
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#120 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
|
Quote:
While Guardians from the get-go was ABOUT one of the Guardians of the Galaxy...and actually had scenes that MADE SENSE to lead up to other scenes (the beginning has Chris Pratt's character, as a child, dealing with his mom dying...at the end? Adult Chris Pratt seeing his mom in bed again, but this time grabbing her hand which actually Worked within both the story & emotions)....not a 'Hey I'm Raph and I'm getting Sentimental in this Out of the Blue Speech that had Zero lead up since I wasn't even mean/rude/crude to any of my brothers let alone had even a pinky Fingernail of development to justify this speech At All at the end of the movie'. And at least in Guardians the characters had some actual/tiny depth to them (Rocket talking about that he didn't ask to be this way when they tore him up and put him back together again...Drax with his whole 'wife & kids' being killed)...while all the makers of the new Turtles film could muster up was "Hey I'm Mikey, and I have a Boner...and I farted in my bros' faces. So what up?' Guardians didn't have to resort to Fart Jokes & and Boners for 'humor' like Turtles did. So yeah, I'm a Turtles fan but Guardians was an Actual Good Film. Guardians is what the Turtles film SHOULD have been (a fun sense of humor that was based on characters and not either creep/stalker material, farts, boners...characters that had at least bits of depth/emotion to them that while wasn't original was at least appreciated, and again actually Starred the title characters in their own film. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| dvd releases |
|
|