The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #321
Shellrider13
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx781a View Post
Has anyone received their pre- order poster from b&n.com. I didn't get mine and now their customer service says that there was no poster for pre-ordering the DVD. I am not happy at all.
You should have received a email tracking number. And the receipt inside the box should have the poster listed as seperate free item.
__________________
Calm down, its only toys for kids dude.
Shellrider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:42 AM   #322
rx781a
Random Punk
 
rx781a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camp Lejune NC
Posts: 21
It had no number for the poster. I bought it on the 12 the witch was well in time for the promotion. Their customer service people are no longer replying to my emails even though I sent them pictures of their in store ads for the promotion. Needless to say I am very disappointed.

Last edited by rx781a; 12-23-2014 at 04:08 AM.
rx781a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #323
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
i bought the raphael figure vision and find out the disc cover is really lame
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/77b772...209l0alwey.jpg
Have you seen The avengers, captain America, thor, etc blu ray discs?

They're all lame. This is no big deal.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #324
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
i bought the raphael figure vision and find out the disc cover is really lame
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/77b772...209l0alwey.jpg
I have no problems with the Disc covers, Its one of those things you'll never see, when its in the case or in the blu-ray player. It's all about the case cover, I think it looks great

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #325
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx781a View Post
Has anyone received their pre- order poster from b&n.com. I didn't get mine and now their customer service says that there was no poster for pre-ordering the DVD. I am not happy at all.
I ordered the normal Blu-ray in October, I received a shipping confirmation about a week ago with no mention of the poster.
The package has not arrived yet though, so I am very curious if it will include the poster, doubt it since it has to be shipped international, but I really hope it does.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #326
nylemon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have no problems with the Disc covers, Its one of those things you'll never see, when its in the case or in the blu-ray player. It's all about the case cover, I think it looks great

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4_-EMhIAAE31q6.jpg
yea,i am watching extra now,enjoy it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #327
nylemon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Have you seen The avengers, captain America, thor, etc blu ray discs?

They're all lame. This is no big deal.
i don't own many bds,but i think the 25th annual edition is better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #328
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior
 
Purse Grabbin Puke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 'merica
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Have you seen The avengers, captain America, thor, etc blu ray discs?

They're all lame. This is no big deal.
Normally I wouldn't care about the disc cover, but I have the Pizza Box bluray of all the movies and all those discs are pizzas, and I replaced TMNT III w/ 2014 TMNT, and it's messing up the continuity of my pizza box!

The Raph statue is WAY better than I thought it would be btw.
__________________
Oh you don't like my opinion? ---->
Purse Grabbin Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #329
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
DVD sales are doing well.

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Movie Becomes The #1 Performing Home Entertainment Title of All 2014 Blockbusters

Paramount Home Media Distribution has announced the Turtley Awesome TMNT News in the following press release, from Business Wire, that "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", the fun-filled and action-packed blockbuster from Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Films, packed a major punch with phenomenal sales during its first week of release on Blu-ray and DVD in the USA (Region A/1)!
http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2014...les-movie.html
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #330
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Wait, I thought DVD was supposed to be falling by the wayside now according to some.

Although, related to that, some might be comforted to know that I received a set with both DVD and Blu-ray. Don't think anyone in this house owns an actual Blu-ray player, but supposedly someone has a game system that's capable of it so that works.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #331
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wait, I thought DVD was supposed to be falling by the wayside now according to some.

Although, related to that, some might be comforted to know that I received a set with both DVD and Blu-ray. Don't think anyone in this house owns an actual Blu-ray player, but supposedly someone has a game system that's capable of it so that works.
Playstation 3 and 4 and Xbox ones all have blue ray players. But blueray players really aren't that expensive anymore
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #332
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wait, I thought DVD was supposed to be falling by the wayside now according to some.

Although, related to that, some might be comforted to know that I received a set with both DVD and Blu-ray. Don't think anyone in this house owns an actual Blu-ray player, but supposedly someone has a game system that's capable of it so that works.
Yeah, But I think they are counting both, since they also sell the Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combos as well.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #333
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Just watched all the Blu-Ray features. The best feature was on the Target bonus disc, detailing the martial arts in the film. For those who weren't satisfied with the fighting, this does the trick. Turns out, all that talk about having The Raid-style action in the film was for real. That's exactly what they did. And frustratingly, none of it made it into the film. It shows what the stunt guys put on tape which would obviously be too violent (e.g. Leo skewering a foot soldier), the stuff they rehearsed and actually SHOT. Really cool stuff, so it boggles the mind why only a shred of it is in the film.
Interviews with Ritchson, Ploszek, Fisher & Howard are always fun. Relieved to see they dominate the features (Fox & Arnett are barely in it).
The mo-cap stuff I find really fascinating. They're not as in-depth as the Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes blu but it's nice to see what the actors actually looked like performing the scenes before the ILM guys took over.
NO DELETED SCENES. One of the features briefly show Mikey giving April a tour of their home (would've been nice to see even a rough cut of it).
Nice disc but could've had a lot more on it, especially now as it's the fastest selling Blu/DVD of 2014's summer lineup
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #334
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
It shows what the stunt guys put on tape which would obviously be too violent (e.g. Leo skewering a foot soldier), the stuff they rehearsed and actually SHOT. Really cool stuff, so it boggles the mind why only a shred of it is in the film.
Wow. Wish we got that version. Too bad 60-year-old executives (and maybe some clueless film makers) who probably know nothing about the Turtles other than "kids thing" keep that stigma existing.

Shame there's no deleted stuff. Although knowing ahead of time kind of made me stop caring what kind of disc or from where it came from if I got it for Christmas (which I did). Will just poke around online for videos of the goodies I don't have.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #335
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
It was probably because of Michael Bay that none of this stuff ended up in the film. I'm guessing this was the original cut of the movie, which according to him, was the wrong way to create a ninja turtles film. I really would have really liked to see something like that.

Last edited by Xiewin; 12-27-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #336
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
It was probably because of Michael Bay that none of this stuff ended up in the film. I'm guess this was the original cut of the movie, which according to him, was the wrong way to create a ninja turtles film. I really would have really liked to see something like that.
Nah, Bay has really violent sensibilities. He made the Transformers spew blood from their decapitated bodies (which isn't even necessary ). It wasn't him that would've toned down the martial arts. Only legit reason I can think of why the fighting was so minimal (when they shot loads more it) has to do with the MPAA. Maybe they checked with them as to how much kicking/punching/sh*t that kids can mimick and still hold a PG-13 and keep within Nickelodeon guidelines.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."

Last edited by B-Man; 12-27-2014 at 07:48 PM.
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #337
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
It wasn't him that would've toned down the martial arts.
Even though he was the one who made the decision to lighten up the tone of the movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #338
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Even though he was the one who made the decision to lighten up the tone of the movie.
? Cutting martial arts out of already-present action scenes has nothing to do with adding humour to the film.
Best bet is they ran out time to complete the FX shots & get to it's August release date.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #339
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Nah, Bay has really violent sensibilities. He made the Transformers spew blood from their decapitated bodies (which isn't even necessary ). It wasn't him that would've toned down the martial arts. Only legit reason I can think of why the fighting was so minimal (when they shot loads more it) has to do with the MPAA. Maybe they checked with them as to how much kicking/punching/sh*t that kids can mimick and still hold a PG-13 and keep within Nickelodeon guidelines.
It could be due to Nickelodeon wanting the film to be aimed at Kids, Even the Nick series had its share of Violence, But wasn't excessive.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #340
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It could be due to Nickelodeon wanting the film to be aimed at Kids, Even the Nick series had its share of Violence, But wasn't excessive.
Possibly. But I mean the films pretty violent as is (by Nickelodeon standards). Some extra spin-kicks & somersaults wouldn't do anything more than make it more awesome. I think it boiled down to time & money and they just had to give what was finished to their August release date. (better that though then do a 'King Kong' and add effects that are clearly not finished)
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.