The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #21
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Ha! I was trying to copy/paste the whole article, which it turned out was too many characters for one post, and in the meantime Redeemer did it all anyway.

But yeah - I agree with the majority of this, and the points were well-made.

The only points I disagree on were "No Shredder" and "No Origin", but that's only because those things were so badly-handled in this movie and deserve to be done justice in a modern film.

But they make a great point about the Shredder not being the only villain that matters. I'm always going to be crossing my fingers for a truly great "City at War" adaptation, because I feel the Shredder's best role was always his absence and the quagmire that created. An interesting/deep and action-packed movie that delves into the messy side and aftermath of vengeance would be incredible, and the story's already there - they just need a filmmaker and storyteller with actual talent to bring it to the big screen. It's the perfect capper to a trilogy, so hey, maybe next reboot...

Reading the "Brotherly Love" section in particular hits me. Especially the image used. Because they sold so much about these characters and their relationships in subtle, believable ways in the 1990 movie that I'm worried we'll never see done that well again as long as the current "powers that be" are calling the shots. The Donnie/Mikey "waiting for pizza" scene was quite well-written and says a lot about who they are if you read between the lines. Even as a kid, I loved how the movie expected me to "get it" and keep up. We need that kind of respect for audiences back - especially young ones.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 01-08-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #22
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Hmm, thanks for posting that more in-depth, Redeemer. I feel like all of the points were pretty spot-on, myself.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #23
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Remember when people tried to compare the fights to The Raid? Haha, good times.
I remember so many funny, funny things that were said as assurances before the movie came out.

The Turtles using lots of Ninja abilities. No, they didn't.

Raid-style fighting. Nope, none.

The "foot" being ninjas/using ninja weaponry. Not a single solitary aspect.

The Turtles NOT being super strong and throwing shipping containers around. Lololololololol

Yeah. Good times. Goooooood times.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #24
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Oh, I thought this was gonna be a Secret of the Ooze article. I was gonna say... it's far from perfect but I enjoy that film!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #25
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh, I thought this was gonna be a Secret of the Ooze article. I was gonna say... it's far from perfect but I enjoy that film!
Where the 1990 movie was a perfect blend of the original comics and the original cartoon while also being a fantastic movie, SotO is a fantastic adaptation of just the original cartoon.

It's a lot of fun, very enjoyable to watch, but still retains a lot of heart and magic needed.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #26
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Where the 1990 movie was a perfect blend of the original comics and the original cartoon while also being a fantastic movie, SotO is a fantastic adaptation of just the original cartoon.

It's a lot of fun, very enjoyable to watch, but still retains a lot of heart and magic needed.
Well, Riff Traxx has levied their two cents

With 32,000 votes TMNT2014 is their worst movie of the year!
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #27
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Well, Riff Traxx has levied their two cents

With 32,000 votes TMNT2014 is their worst movie of the year!
Glorious.

Does this mean they're gonna take it on? Because that might be the only way I watch this movie again.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #28
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Well, Riff Traxx has levied their two cents

With 32,000 votes TMNT2014 is their worst movie of the year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Glorious.

Does this mean they're gonna take it on? Because that might be the only way I watch this movie again.
I am dying, DYING, for the three of them to do this movie.

The entire time I was watching it, I kept thinking "this movie deserves a coal raking."

It'd be perfect for it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:16 PM   #29
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I am dying, DYING, for the three of them to do this movie.

The entire time I was watching it, I kept thinking "this movie deserves a coal raking."

It'd be perfect for it.
I am so tired of writing TMNT2014 or Bayturtles, or the film from this year etc.

I think it needs shortening to PDNT, unless y'all have something better.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #30
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I think it needs shortening to PDNT, unless y'all have something better.
I'm sure some folks here can think of a few things...
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #31
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I am so tired of writing TMNT2014 or Bayturtles, or the film from this year etc.

I think it needs shortening to PDNT, unless y'all have something better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I'm sure some folks here can think of a few things...
All of which is censored on this board.

But I just write BayTurtles. Cause that's more or less what it is. Michael Bay's "Ninja" Turtles.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I'll continue calling it TMNT2014, Cause its the only way i can tell which version is which by just the Years.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 AM   #33
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Where the 1990 movie was a perfect blend of the original comics and the original cartoon while also being a fantastic movie, SotO is a fantastic adaptation of just the original cartoon.

It's a lot of fun, very enjoyable to watch, but still retains a lot of heart and magic needed.
I completely agree. I've always said the same. The first film is the comics, the second is the cartoon, & the third is an amalgamation (the story is partially adapted from Vol. 1 #17 but obviously the tone is VERY Fred Wolf).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 AM   #34
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
But I just write BayTurtles. Cause that's more or less what it is. Michael Bay's "Ninja" Turtles.
Yeah, I'm gonna just keep referring to it as BayTurtles, myself. It's nearly impossible for me to think of it as anything else.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 AM   #35
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna just keep referring to it as BayTurtles, myself. It's nearly impossible for me to think of it as anything else.
"BayTurtles" makes it sound like something completely different, kinda removed from the overall property. Which I find very helpful.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I actually liked the new designs; four individuals should have four different styles... I just wish they'd gone a little easier on Don's nerdy Ghostbusters gear.

But other than that, this guy makes the same case I think most of us have been griping about. Especially Point #1.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #37
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Right in every account however #10 needs to be switched out for use of secondary characters that will make the most out of them whether its Karai or Irma or Casey Jones or even Bebop and Rocksteady. Not just have them in a few scenes and be irrelevant. Shredder on the other hand is necessary. For some reason TMNT actually made up villains for the movie. What other comic book heroes had to face a made up foe for their film? Shredder is their best villain and has been featured in the two best films. If he is not the central focus he needs to be the driving force or involved somehow with Krang, Rat King, Karai, or Baxter Stockman.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_III

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super...uest_for_Peace
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #38
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I actually liked the new designs; four individuals should have four different styles... I just wish they'd gone a little easier on Don's nerdy Ghostbusters gear.

But other than that, this guy makes the same case I think most of us have been griping about. Especially Point #1.
Yeah I like the new designs too, well except for all the Tech on donnie's back, and overly nerdy glasses.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #39
Myko
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I completely agree. I've always said the same. The first film is the comics, the second is the cartoon, & the third is an amalgamation (the story is partially adapted from Vol. 1 #17 but obviously the tone is VERY Fred Wolf).
The third is like a poor issue of the Archie comic.
Myko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #40
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
If the designs had been good, and the origin been correct to either Mirage or FW, I could have overlooked many of the other issues.

I really hoped Fox would prove the fans wrong, and deliver a great performance. I realize now I backed the wrong horse .

If they bring anyone back at all, it needs to be Tohoru Masamune. He was actually good in his brief role, and has a great voice, and was the only one to turn in a good performance.

In any event, I hope this doesn't become a trend, but looks as though PDMT and IDW have rewritten the origin as far as most are concerned.
http://www.kidzworld.com/article/292...-cam-interview

From the link:
""We all know that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started out as abandoned scientific pets - Kidzworld caught up with Corey, an Outreach Coordinator ...


ugh.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.