The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #1021
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The Shredder lair got canned because the Anchovey Alley didn't sell well enough. Pixel Dan asked the Playmates Booth guy about it in a previous Toy Fair.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 AM   #1022
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Releasing the Anchovy Alley so close to the Lair really hurt it. Personally I love the Anchovy Alley, I have two, mind you they aren't in their original forms any longer, but I liked them, though a Shredder Lair would probably sell well, since it would be the only option for the Shredder. Though a mid a size lair, with the throne room, pools and Stockman's Lab would be a great play set.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:58 AM   #1023
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Bottom line: There needs to be some sort of villain playset...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 AM   #1024
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Bottom line: There needs to be some sort of villain playset...
This, so much this.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #1025
Reigner
Thug
 
Reigner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
Decided to try my hand at fixing the Mystics. Still a WIP but wanted to share. Need to pick up a few more paints, and start on Raph (ugh those arms nettings)

Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #1026
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigner View Post
Decided to try my hand at fixing the Mystics. Still a WIP but wanted to share. Need to pick up a few more paints, and start on Raph (ugh those arms nettings)



Yeah. Mikey's bandages should be white, and Don's might be the same (maybe off-white). Leo looks incredible, though. When I get to customize Raph, I'm not sure if I want to paint the mesh arm straps.

Last edited by Bauer536; 02-18-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: 2
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #1027
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
The biggest problem in ever getting a Nick Technodrome is that it didn't have a big role on the series, it sure appeared, but for a lot less time than the original series, and it doesn't have a super recognizable look.
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #1028
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Amazing what a little paint can do.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #1029
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
regarding the classics line here is what Playmates Told Pixel Dan

I did. Unfortunately, it's done for the time being. They did not go into production on Shredder and Krang, and said it doesn't look good for those two ever coming out. They are going to reissue the Turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady one more time and them that's it.

They said the only real hope at this point is around when the second movie comes out. They said at that point, they may be able to bring the line back, but they still weren't positive.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #1030
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I swear Playmates is dying...and they don't want anyone to know...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #1031
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
https://mlscale.wordpress.com/2015/0...tles-complete/

Seems that the double post didn't work out. Anyway, check these out. These are absolutely amazing.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #1032
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokka's pizza View Post
The biggest problem in ever getting a Nick Technodrome is that it didn't have a big role on the series, it sure appeared, but for a lot less time than the original series, and it doesn't have a super recognizable look.
Yeah it would have been better for the technodrome to have a bigger presence in the show. After they sunk it at the end of season one it was forgotten about until the episode "plan 10" near the end of season two. I wonder if this new story about the NY invasion will see it rise again like a Phoenix before the end of season three.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #1033
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
This, so much this.
So, so much!
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #1034
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
https://mlscale.wordpress.com/2015/0...tles-complete/

Seems that the double post didn't work out. Anyway, check these out. These are absolutely amazing.
Pretty sweet designs dude,
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #1035
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
[/SPOILER]

Yeah. Mikey's bandages should be white, and Don's might be the same (maybe off-white). Leo looks incredible, though. When I get to customize Raph, I'm not sure if I want to paint the mesh arm straps.
No Mikeys bandages should be a orangish grey.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #1036
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
What happened to Biotroid? Seriously.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #1037
Darthknuxward
Hench Mutant
 
Darthknuxward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Depths of Karzahni
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What happened to Biotroid? Seriously.
I'm curious to this as well.
__________________
Insane? I prefer the term "creative", but I guess there isn't much difference between the two in the end, is there?

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Shredder
I give a rat's ass. I killed Master Splinter and will give you his rat's ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by snake
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

FEEL MY FREEZE!

I'm not quite dead.
Darthknuxward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:28 PM   #1038
kungfufrogz
Thug
 
kungfufrogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigner View Post
Decided to try my hand at fixing the Mystics. Still a WIP but wanted to share. Need to pick up a few more paints, and start on Raph (ugh those arms nettings)

http://i.imgur.com/V1xvdkr.jpg
If only playmates made them like this...
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
kungfufrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #1039
kungfufrogz
Thug
 
kungfufrogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What happened to Biotroid? Seriously.
IKR? That was one i was really looking forward to!
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
kungfufrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #1040
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What happened to Biotroid? Seriously.
I asked pixel dan if playmates said anything regarding him. I will let you know if anything pops up.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.