The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #1061
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
That's your first time?! Damn, dude! Stellar. Surely you've had previous experience with painting something, even if it's not action figures.
Are you gonna leave Leo's mouth & Raph's mesh rims as is?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #1062
Reigner
Thug
 
Reigner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
I attempted and failed at Warhammer minis about 16 years ago. So really, yeah, first legit attempt. Thdy may get a second pass. But this has been a long week and i barely wanna look at em now.
Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #1063
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Well, you did a damn fine job, bud. They look even cooler than the prototypes did, I think.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #1064
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Nice looking set there .
I'm still working on Leo. I understand how you feel about time. I'm on holiday now and I'm planning to complete Leo on Monday. Well, that's the plan.
I'd like to do the complete set over the course of the week.
I asked my art teacher mate to get me a set of appropriate paints which I'm to pick up on Monday.
Once here, I'm hoping to get stuck into these.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #1065
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Today I got a Mystic Donatello for free, when my little bro picked one up for me out of kindness. It's sh*t, but he looks pretty awesome with the weapons. I also got a mutations Leo as a toy fair sample. He's not that bad when you don't mutate him. Free figures though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #1066
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Free figures : cool.
Until recently I was paying about twice the rrp for figures , or ten pounds to have single figures shipped over.
I'm now paying the U.S. rrp without shipping costs so I'm finding that quite pallatable . Not to mention I get them a lil bit early , in most cases.
The upcoming space suited figures are what I'm now most looking forward to getting.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #1067
Orochi
Foot Soldier
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
I'm still miffed the UK has to wait so long to get Bebop and Rocksteady. We took months before Casey was available here too, had to get him sent over from the States. I'm looking forward to the Mystic Turtles, but I'm betting they won't be here until July at the earliest.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:34 AM   #1068
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
I'm still miffed the UK has to wait so long to get Bebop and Rocksteady. We took months before Casey was available here too, had to get him sent over from the States. I'm looking forward to the Mystic Turtles, but I'm betting they won't be here until July at the earliest.
If you go to Asda you can buy variants of Bebop and Rocksteady in two packs with Leo and Mikey.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:04 AM   #1069
Orochi
Foot Soldier
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
If you go to Asda you can buy variants of Bebop and Rocksteady in two packs with Leo and Mikey.
Got those last week. Just wish they weren't garish repaints. Nice to own though.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:09 AM   #1070
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
I know Playmates want to keep the price low for kids but they should try to show interest to collectors by offering better painted figures as exclusives.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:25 AM   #1071
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Got those last week. Just wish they weren't garish repaints. Nice to own though.
I quite like the Rocksteady, The Bebop, i would have preferred to get the darker skinned Black suited figure.
I may add the black detailing as i want to custom my Casey.

Although with RS i can't get the weapons in his hands.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:11 AM   #1072
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
I quite like the Rocksteady, The Bebop, i would have preferred to get the darker skinned Black suited figure.
I may add the black detailing as i want to custom my Casey.

Although with RS i can't get the weapons in his hands.
Use hot water, that's what I did for my rocksteady
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #1073
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
You can also use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic a bit.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #1074
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
My classic collection Donnie's arms are stuck in position. Dya think heat will help loosten em up a bit?
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #1075
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior
 
JetsAndHeels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigner View Post
Took a second pass, color matched to the show a bit better, not completely happy with them as a whole but I'm done, afterall, this was my first customwork every so what more could I want XD

http://i.imgur.com/r2rBiv3.jpg
Dude that is awesome. I wish I had the talent to customize figures without messing them up. Kudos

Joefsas:

I have run figures under warm water in the sink for a couple of minutes. That usually helps.
__________________
JetsAndHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #1076
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigner View Post
Took a second pass, color matched to the show a bit better, not completely happy with them as a whole but I'm done, afterall, this was my first customwork every so what more could I want XD

http://i.imgur.com/r2rBiv3.jpg
Very nice work, man! It almost makes me sad seeing these and to think what could have been had Playmates given us the correct look of these figures.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #1077
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
My classic collection Donnie's arms are stuck in position. Dya think heat will help loosten em up a bit?
Yes, its your best option, i did that with my CC Mikey, you can use hot water or a hair dryer (i always use the hair dryer,i had never tried with hot water) but just be careful.
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #1078
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Hair dryers works, but I honestly prefer using boiling water for loosening joints, it's faster and immediately dip them in cold water following the repair and the plastic hardens for a more secure hold.

I got ahold of one of the 4Kids Shredders and hated his ballet foot, quick dip in boiling water, bend the foot into a less dainty pose, ran cold water over it, and voila no more goofy looking Shredder foot.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #1079
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
My classic collection Donnie's arms are stuck in position. Dya think heat will help loosten em up a bit?
No just apply pressure the same happened on my classics Leo.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #1080
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Hair dryers works, but I honestly prefer using boiling water for loosening joints, it's faster and immediately dip them in cold water following the repair and the plastic hardens for a more secure hold.
I'm always afraid that the paint will chip off with boiling water, but lets be honest.. there's almost no paint on them.. so that shouldn't be a problem
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.