The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #1161
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
That's why I like the Wave 1 Turtles, I'm not a fan of the cartoon aesthetic. If I was a kid, I'd want more cartoon accurate ones, but as*an accurate representation of the Turtles in general, without be a precise version, the first wave does that, with great articulation and a great price point.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #1162
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's a night-light. & I really want it (I'm a sucker for translucent stuff)!

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant.../dp/B00BUGMU42
For Christmas of 2013 we got our son this nightlight. It is less creepy when the light is on but it is still kinda weird. In less than a year the batteries died and I think they are those button style watch batteries so they will be annoying to replace.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #1163
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Thanks for the tip. I read a review that similarly took issue with the battery situation, & that makes me wanna pass.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #1164
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
Courtesy of Figure Hobby Club from Tai Wan, they just finished a visit to the 3A/Threezero toy company and gave us a sneak peak of the upcoming 1:6 action figures based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 movie.

I personally think they look awesome. If it were figures based on the 1990 movie or the 2007 movie it would be an instant buy for me. The 2014 movie........ I don't know. Looks like Mikey will include his hover skateboard too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004340riip7pxo4lzbop7t.jpg (92.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 004334x8eyfgm7n7fmf7s7.jpg (95.2 KB, 111 views)
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #1165
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Wow! Whether or not you like the designs, you can't deny those are dope ass figures. The likeness is spot-on. What kinda price point will we be looking at? Despite how much I hate the film, I can't front, I want those. I feel you though, it's a waste that the crazy nice statues & those amazing figures there are based on Bayturtles & not Henson's.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 AM   #1166
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Wow! They look amazing.....and expensive
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 AM   #1167
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I saw that pic of the Movie Turtles over on sideshow. They look good and they took they me by surprise. Three Zero are doing the Game of Theones figures and are a legitimate company.
I will be keeping my eyes open for these. They look like the are manufactured in a similar fashion to the Hulk Hot Toys figure.

On another personal note, I just ordered the new Party Wagon. I do lile the look, even if it is a revamped movie van, or should that simply be, revaned. ?
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #1168
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Nice! Those figures even make the designs look better somehow!

Sadly they won't be cheap. Threezero' anew Heisenberg figure is $150 so the turtles probably be at least the same which means $600 for the set.

If they look as good when they're officially announced and they're spaced out well enough I might bite.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #1169
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nice! Those figures even make the designs look better somehow!

Sadly they won't be cheap. Threezero' anew Heisenberg figure is $150 so the turtles probably be at least the same which means $600 for the set.

If they look as good when they're officially announced and they're spaced out well enough I might bite.
that's pretty cheap for the high end 1/6. Be glad Hot Toy's isn't making them, they'd be $350 a pop easy. And if it ends up being around $600 for the quad, that's still under the price for a single Prime 1 statue.

(and these look better IMO).

I might start saving my pennies..
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #1170
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Yeah, definitely cheaper than Hot Toys. Honestly I expect them to be a bit more as $150 Heisenberg is just a head scult, costume tailoring and any accessories as they can use a standard body. The guys are all going to be pretty much 100% unique sculpts including the bodies so they may end up nearer a more Hot Toys like $200-250 but again they are unique sculpts (for comparisons the standard version of Hot Toys new Hulk is $275 on Sideshow but can be had cheaper).

My main concern with getting these is if I get one then I know I'll want the set so it depends on how staggered they plan to release these. One at a time over say a year then I'll almost certainly get the set, full set all at once and I'll probably have to pass.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #1171
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
While i'm not a super fan of those designs.. they look badass!!
__________________
Ah, Fellow Chucker huh?
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #1172
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Courtesy of Figure Hobby Club from Tai Wan, they just finished a visit to the 3A/Threezero toy company and gave us a sneak peak of the upcoming 1:6 action figures based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 movie.

I personally think they look awesome. If it were figures based on the 1990 movie or the 2007 movie it would be an instant buy for me. The 2014 movie........ I don't know. Looks like Mikey will include his hover skateboard too.
Those look awesome, I just don't want to think of how pricey these things could get.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #1173
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Courtesy of Figure Hobby Club from Tai Wan, they just finished a visit to the 3A/Threezero toy company and gave us a sneak peak of the upcoming 1:6 action figures based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 movie.

I personally think they look awesome. If it were figures based on the 1990 movie or the 2007 movie it would be an instant buy for me. The 2014 movie........ I don't know. Looks like Mikey will include his hover skateboard too.
nice, look expensive but too cool
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #1174
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
Well, I preordered a Robocop figures from Threezero back in December and it was about $250USD if I remember correctly, but international shipping is included.
Robocop was a unique sculpt and features LED lights so I'm guessing the Turtles will cost the same ,some where below $300 w/ shipping included.

Depends on how they turn out , I may or may not buy 1 or 2 of them.
Or might actually ending up with all 4.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #1175
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
So I finally saw my first Mystic Turtle. Just the one. It's weird how Mikey is supposed to be the most popular but whenever a wave of all of the Turtles comes out he's always the only one left at first around here (LARP Elf Mikey, Battle Shell, Mirage, and Mutations were the other times for me).

But egads! The unpainted apparel on his feet make it worse than I expected! It just looks like someone fell asleep at QC. It physically hurts to think that this is actually the norm for them
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #1176
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
So I finally saw my first Mystic Turtle. Just the one. It's weird how Mikey is supposed to be the most popular but whenever a wave of all of the Turtles comes out he's always the only one left at first around here (LARP Elf Mikey, Battle Shell, Mirage, and Mutations were the other times for me).

But egads! The unpainted apparel on his feet make it worse than I expected! It just looks like someone fell asleep at QC. It physically hurts to think that this is actually the norm for them
i wish pixel dan would have brought the mystic turtles to the toy fair when he asked his question. i get the funny feeling their reaction would have been different when they saw an actual comparison.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #1177
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
Soooo, am I the only one horribly disappointed that Lego, Minimates and this Half Shell Heroes line are all getting or have gotten human Karai before playmates even released any Karai? Cause this is just getting ridiculous.
__________________
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #1178
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Soooo, am I the only one horribly disappointed that Lego, Minimates and this Half Shell Heroes line are all getting or have gotten human Karai before playmates even released any Karai? Cause this is just getting ridiculous.
no i agree with you
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #1179
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Soooo, am I the only one horribly disappointed that Lego, Minimates and this Half Shell Heroes line are all getting or have gotten human Karai before playmates even released any Karai? Cause this is just getting ridiculous.
Playmates Karai is coming out before the minimates Karai which is coming put in the summer. I Don know when half shell heros Karai is coming out .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #1180
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
They're talking about a human version.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.