The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #381
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior
 
tmntpower1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Finally completed 2K3!!!

Granted they're all the PAL version where I haven't seen any major issues with quality but still a very very happy camper right here

I gotta say this is my pride and joy collector wise. If nick rerelease I'll still get them simply just because...but yeah good way to end the year

http://i.imgur.com/xUdwuaR.jpg
Congratulations Nice collection. I was so happy when I completed my collection. Had a hard time getting some of the DVDs but I got them in the end. Anyway great to see that you've finished collecting them.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #382
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
Thanks tmntpower1988!

Yeah, I know what you mean the other hardest ones for me was the Season 4 Box 1 and the Donatello Fat Box. Had to get The Donatello Fat Box in like new condition but all discs and dvd covers were in perfect condition so I was very lucky there

I'm sure if I collected the NTSC ones though it would be much harder and expensive...still it's a great feeling
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #383
pharaohyami5000
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Finally completed 2K3!!!

Granted they're all the PAL version where I haven't seen any major issues with quality but still a very very happy camper right here

I gotta say this is my pride and joy collector wise. If nick rerelease I'll still get them simply just because...but yeah good way to end the year

http://i.imgur.com/xUdwuaR.jpg


*goes on my knees and tears leak from my eyes*

I don't suppose you have a good set of figures from the Classic TMNT to add in there, do you?
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #384
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Finally completed 2K3!!!

Granted they're all the PAL version where I haven't seen any major issues with quality but still a very very happy camper right here

I gotta say this is my pride and joy collector wise. If nick rerelease I'll still get them simply just because...but yeah good way to end the year

http://i.imgur.com/xUdwuaR.jpg
congrats dude! awesome
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:03 AM   #385
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
Thanks pharaohyami5000 & TheCanadiandrome!

Quote:
I don't suppose you have a good set of figures from the Classic TMNT to add in there, do you?
I do, I managed to save my original Leo, Raph, Don, Casey, Usagi, Splinter and Shredder (They were at my grandparents and somehow survived the teen years) and I got a 1997 version of Mikey couple of years ago to finish them off but they're with the party wagon (Nick Classic Release)on a bigger shelf
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #386
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
So that's what a complete 2003 set looks like. Nice.
I completed S1,S2 and Fast Forward on dvd.
I have a complete set on my toons drive but it's nice to have the real copies (even the Next Mutation) of the Turtles shows.
I'm still counting on a full series release in the future, hopefully in a van, like the classic series.
Again, the completed dvd set on a shelf looks impressive.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #387
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
I'm selling the complete seasons 1 thru 4 on DVD in the Buy/Sell/Trade section on these forums, if anyone is looking to complete a big chunk of this series.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #388
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Thanks tmntpower1988!

Yeah, I know what you mean the other hardest ones for me was the Season 4 Box 1 and the Donatello Fat Box. Had to get The Donatello Fat Box in like new condition but all discs and dvd covers were in perfect condition so I was very lucky there

I'm sure if I collected the NTSC ones though it would be much harder and expensive...still it's a great feeling
*snicker*
Heh, fat box.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #389
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
Man, I'm so glad I bought these DVDs as they were released. Got them all at Wal Mart or Best Buy, if I couldn't find them in a week of release I'd hit up Amazon, which didn't happen often. I think Croc Attack! took me a while, and ended up buying a VHS, then a month later picked up the DVD. The only ones I don't have are the season 1 and 2 sets (not a big fan of double dipping unless upgrading formats), Turtle Forever, since its not the full version (which I have saved on three USB sticks juuuuuuuust in case), and the BttS DVDs since they were never released region 1 (USB sticks...they're great).

I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #390
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
one of these days i have faith we'll get a Full Series proper release
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #391
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Finally completed my Region-1 DVD collection after getting my hands on Turtles Against H.A.T.E. today



I really need to fix Raph's face
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #392
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
^*clap clap clap* True dedication right there.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:32 AM   #393
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
^*clap clap clap* True dedication right there.
Thanks buddy!
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #394
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Turtles Against Hate has sailed off the deep end in terms of price. I sold mine last year for a hundred bucks and wondered if the buyer got ripped off, but now they're clearing $200 on ebay. Holy....
Congrats on acquiring it. It truly is the toughest of all 2k3 dvds.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM   #395
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Man, I'm lucky I snagged that sum'bitch the day it came out; it was the only one at Best Buy, and I had zero idea that it would ever be as rare or expensive as it is.

I have very rarely seen it show up at places like the Used bin at FYE for dirt cheap, but only maybe twice, and I think the last time was a few years ago. At the time I had no idea it was rare, and I already had one, so I ignored it. Wish I'd snagged the spare, I could'a made some quick scratch. Ah well.

And yeah, I have the same problem with Raphael's face on the spine of my DVDs. Haaaaate it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #396
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Finally completed my Region-1 DVD collection after getting my hands on Turtles Against H.A.T.E. today

http://i.imgur.com/B2SDkQQ.jpg

I really need to fix Raph's face
Congratulations evan2000!!!!!!! That's Awesome

It's a nice feeling, I hear you on the Raph face too. Initially, I was mixing up both the US and Aus ones but it was just too pricey so I just went all out on the Australian ones instead. Also that damn Raph face was the last straw after buying 3 replacement 'Notes From The Underground' NTSC dvds from amazon hoping to luck out on the left side of his face
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 PM   #397
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Congratulations evan2000!!!!!!! That's Awesome

It's a nice feeling, I hear you on the Raph face too. Initially, I was mixing up both the US and Aus ones but it was just too pricey so I just went all out on the Australian ones instead. Also that damn Raph face was the last straw after buying 3 replacement 'Notes From The Underground' NTSC dvds from amazon hoping to luck out on the left side of his face
Thanks LeoRaph! I totally got that feeling you're talking about. At this stage it's not just about the money you're willing to spend, but also the dedication to look up eBay day after day hoping for your missing piece to appear. And after a thousand years when it finally shows up, you still have to bid like the rest, and may or may not win at the end, as there could be people more desperate than you. Having gone through these a couple of times, the complete collection on my shelf now is more than pleasing to my eyes, it's the hands down satisfaction! And the certainty that I'll be able to complete the mass upscaling project I am working on the 2003 series (preview here)!

Oh, and if you're wondering if I got the Australian set as well (including BttS), yes, I got 'em, however my kind friend at Australia is keeping the entire set until he returns in May and brings back to me. I'll need a new shelf by then!

It doesn't even bother me that Nick is starting to rerelease of the 2003 show bit by bit, as those probably aren't any better than the 4Kids original release anyway (other than the lower price). It's hilarious to see people's reaction to the news in that thread

As for the Raph face, there's no use getting a new set from Amazon again as it will most likely be the wrong one. To get the right one, it has to be very old stock, or a used set. I was so close to getting this 22-volume bundle just for it (and Turtles Against H.A.T.E.), but the bidding price exceeded my budget quickly, and I was basically competing with others who wanted the entire bundle, not just the 2 out of 22 that I was shooting for. Later on, I managed to get Turtles Against H.A.T.E. from another seller at a lower price (but still pricey).

So, I'll stick with what I have for now until I figure out how to reprint the cover myself, as soon as I have access to a good color laser printer. Stay tuned!
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #398
Crocapete
Random Punk
 
Crocapete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
think they'll make a complete series someday?
Crocapete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #399
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocapete View Post
think they'll make a complete series someday?
That's a question we've been debating for years. Frankly, all we can do is hope...

And after Nick's lackluster upcoming DVD releases, we all need to hope a little harder.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #400
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
For those who don't have it yet, there's a bunch of UK Turtles Forever DVDs on Amazon UK going cheap right now. Get 'em while they're hot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocapete View Post
think they'll make a complete series someday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
That's a question we've been debating for years. Frankly, all we can do is hope...

And after Nick's lackluster upcoming DVD releases, we all need to hope a little harder.
Hoping. Really. Hard. Over here.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd, dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.