The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #241
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
I have never had the pleasure of holding any of the real deal figures in hand, but from what I can tell from some video reviews is this: the real Revoltech joints seems to produce that clicking noise when the joints are moved (like a ratchet) and my bootlegs' joints don't seem to make much or any noise at all. The joints on my set aren't loose persay but they are far from stiff, so I can see why they would get looser the more they are manipulated. Clearly the real figures use a better quality plastic for the joints (and more than likely every other part). I would not recommend popping the joints apart often, as the pegs seem somewhat brittle.

The joint that holds Mikey's whirling chuck effect actually broke on mine, as the peg would not slide into the spinning piece at all...so I risked it and applied a little to much pressure and ended up breaking it and oddly it actually fits better than before but is far from stable.

For the most part I'm satisfied with the bootlegs, the paint apps on mine are actually quite good but am a little upset that I wont be able to mess around with more poses in fear of wearing out the cheap joints. These could have been a great/cheap option for making some stop motion shorts but I just cant see the joints lasting long if constantly manipulated. Would be nice to find some legit revoltech replacement pegs/joints in the appropriate colors but I have yet to see any

As for a good eBay supplier, I wouldn't know as I also ordered mine from Aliexpress. Shipping was really fast and the figures arrived within a week and a half...just beware that you may get a good set or you might get a garbage one...or even a mix of both, it really appears to be a coin toss at the moment.

If you are willing to take a gamble, go for the bootlegs as they aren't all bad and at first glance look like the real deal but the quality is not going to be the same as the real ones. If I manage to find a real set for a non outrageous price you can be sure I would buy them and get rid of these.
Interesting. I didn't realize the original ones make that clicking sound when you move the joints. That's a major difference. I got my authentic ones for about $60 brand new from Big Bad Toy Store. Basically for about $60 each. I don't think it's possible to find authentic ones for anything cheaper than that (brand new in box) right now. BBTS sold out on the individual ones, but it looks like the 4-set is still in stock:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...46&mode=retail
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #242
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
Not all Revoltech joints make the clicking noise. Even on my revoltech turtles.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #243
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunlau View Post
Not all Revoltech joints make the clicking noise. Even on my revoltech turtles.
And you have the authentic ones?
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #244
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunlau View Post
Not all Revoltech joints make the clicking noise. Even on my revoltech turtles.
Yup. I've got 2 packs of joints on my fodder desk, the black ones are clicky but the white ones aren't. Strangely, the white ones feel tighter and more secure - the black ones feel like the pegs are going to snap.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #245
chaosboy
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 37
I have real ones and they click into place and stay nicely.
chaosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #246
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Yup. I've got 2 packs of joints on my fodder desk, the black ones are clicky but the white ones aren't. Strangely, the white ones feel tighter and more secure - the black ones feel like the pegs are going to snap.
Can you use those joints with the revoltech turtles?
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #247
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchased View Post
And you have the authentic ones?
Yeah. I only have the authentic ones
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:30 AM   #248
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchased View Post
Can you use those joints with the revoltech turtles?
I would assume so, since the pegs are all the same size. I don't have the Revoltech turtles to try it (got rid of 'em before I even opened 'em).
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:16 PM   #249
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
well i ordered the Leonardo from AliExpress jessie_wu. anybody who ordered from her know what the delivery time was? its been about 2 weeks
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #250
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
well i ordered the Leonardo from AliExpress jessie_wu. anybody who ordered from her know what the delivery time was? its been about 2 weeks
The last time I ordered from her, it arrived in about a week and a half for me. There should be a tracking number in the order. It usually starts with an L. You can copy and paste that into a USPS tracking to see where it is (if it's in the US, that is). I'd be surprised if it hasn't reached here yet.

Also, you should have received an email when they ship it, too. I think they stated that it should be anywhere from 5-15 days from the time they mark it as shipped. I only ordered from her once already. I'm in the same boat waiting on my second batch, but I put the order in about a little less than a week ago.

So I ordered from another person as well on AliExpress and got my second pair of spinning nunchakus for Mikey:


Last edited by bchased; 04-01-2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: multiple posts in a row.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #251
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
One thing I like more about the bootlegs vs. the legit figures (and I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet) is the white paint used for their eyes is much brighter than the authentic version's. The same is true for the NECA bootlegs.

This is a picture of my authentic Raph squaring off with my bootleg Leo, I have them in Stealth Mode so you can notice the difference in the eyes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150402_134137_HDR.jpg (98.4 KB, 144 views)
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #252
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
One thing I like more about the bootlegs vs. the legit figures (and I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet) is the white paint used for their eyes is much brighter than the authentic version's. The same is true for the NECA bootlegs.

This is a picture of my authentic Raph squaring off with my bootleg Leo, I have them in Stealth Mode so you can notice the difference in the eyes.
At first glance you wouldn't even know that Leo was a bootleg...save for a few rough patches where some excess plastic wasn't completely removed when parts were taken out from the mould.

I would love to have a full set of legit revoltech TMNT but as whole I'm satisfied with my bootlegs...my wallet is also much happier.

Hopefully some color correct revoltech joints will be released, as they are the one thing I would replace in a heart beat for my bootleg set.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #253
Shedder
Hench Mutant
 
Shedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 297
I also am loving my bootlegs. Theres no way I could justify the price of the official release (as I am getting married in 2 weeks). The bootlegs pose well enough, The quality is pretty decent. Overall I'm as happy with these as the NECA bootlegs. They look great on display
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #254
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
I also am loving my bootlegs. Theres no way I could justify the price of the official release (as I am getting married in 2 weeks). The bootlegs pose well enough, The quality is pretty decent. Overall I'm as happy with these as the NECA bootlegs. They look great on display
Congrats, buddy...but game over
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #255
Darxide
Thug
 
Darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 59
I was waiting to have everything settled and squared away before I posted about this, so I wouldn't possibly jeopardize getting my refund.

So, back on April 1st, I decided I was going to bite the bullet and buy a set of authentic figures before I bought the bootlegs. For two reasons. 1 - I have a ton of Amazon gift card money and 2 - I wanted to see what the real ones felt like as these are my first Revoltech figures.

I found a seller that was in the US and had all 4 figures. I ordered, and $315.37 later I waited. A few days later a package comes, I opened it and noticed instantly that the color of the top of Raph and Mikey's boxes were near identical. My heart sank. So I pulled all the figures out...no plastic wrap around the figures, broken pieces, missing pieces. I had been duped. I probably would have had no clue if it weren't for the comparisons in this thread so HUGE KUDOS for that.

After I calmed down a bit I sent the seller, Animewild btw, an email with pictures...a link to the posts in this thread comparing bootleg vs. real, and asked them to do the right thing. Nothing for 4 days. So I called Amazon, explained, and they sent the seller an email telling them they had to refund my money immediately and that they had 24 hours to comply with the request or all their listings would be pulled. 21 hours later I got a generic email telling me that all their items are 100% authentic and I can rest assured knowing that. So I called Amazon back, they filed an A-to-Z Claim on my behalf, and my money was back less than 24 hours later.

While I was waiting, I googled Animewild. They have tons of take the money and run claims, bait and switch, and just sending the wrong item all together. STAY AWAY. FAR AWAY.

P.S. I bit the bullet again and used my actual money and bought from BBTS like I should have in the first place.
Darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #256
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 187
Hey guys.

I have a question, re Mikey. I was thinking of picking up a bootleg Mikey for an extra spinning chuck to add to my authentic Mikey I picked up when these came out last year. Can anyone who has both the authentics and the bootlegs tell me if there is a diff brtween the spinning chucks. As I I know the deal with the rest of the bootleg weapons.

Thanks.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #257
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxide View Post
I was waiting to have everything settled and squared away before I posted about this, so I wouldn't possibly jeopardize getting my refund.

So, back on April 1st, I decided I was going to bite the bullet and buy a set of authentic figures before I bought the bootlegs. For two reasons. 1 - I have a ton of Amazon gift card money and 2 - I wanted to see what the real ones felt like as these are my first Revoltech figures.

I found a seller that was in the US and had all 4 figures. I ordered, and $315.37 later I waited. A few days later a package comes, I opened it and noticed instantly that the color of the top of Raph and Mikey's boxes were near identical. My heart sank. So I pulled all the figures out...no plastic wrap around the figures, broken pieces, missing pieces. I had been duped. I probably would have had no clue if it weren't for the comparisons in this thread so HUGE KUDOS for that.

After I calmed down a bit I sent the seller, Animewild btw, an email with pictures...a link to the posts in this thread comparing bootleg vs. real, and asked them to do the right thing. Nothing for 4 days. So I called Amazon, explained, and they sent the seller an email telling them they had to refund my money immediately and that they had 24 hours to comply with the request or all their listings would be pulled. 21 hours later I got a generic email telling me that all their items are 100% authentic and I can rest assured knowing that. So I called Amazon back, they filed an A-to-Z Claim on my behalf, and my money was back less than 24 hours later.

While I was waiting, I googled Animewild. They have tons of take the money and run claims, bait and switch, and just sending the wrong item all together. STAY AWAY. FAR AWAY.

P.S. I bit the bullet again and used my actual money and bought from BBTS like I should have in the first place.
Good for you bro. Glad those comparisons of authentic vs bootleg helped and glad you got your money back. The authentic ones I got were also from BBTS. I can't complain too much because they sent me the authentic ones, but their site is a bit flaky in that they state the item/box is grade 80% or better and I get a busted Leo box with some damages as you saw in the comparison pics. Anyway, that's another story... all in all, just glad you got that refund and thanks for the warning about AnimeWild.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #258
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
Hey guys.

I have a question, re Mikey. I was thinking of picking up a bootleg Mikey for an extra spinning chuck to add to my authentic Mikey I picked up when these came out last year. Can anyone who has both the authentics and the bootlegs tell me if there is a diff brtween the spinning chucks. As I I know the deal with the rest of the bootleg weapons.

Thanks.
I've never opened up the box for the authentic ones to feel what the real ones should feel like, but I think the bootleg ones look great. The peg that connects the handle to the circular part remains stiff and holds the pose in place very well.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:19 AM   #259
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
anybody know where i can find the double neck joints? the ones for these were real loose the head just falls. so i tried to tighten the joint, wound up cracking it. i found some on ebay but none were green for these figures
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #260
Sahtori
Thug
 
Sahtori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 90
Yay, it seems I have the original Leonardo, but I don't have the others, yet. Because I moved. when I took Leonardo, I took him out of the box to have a good look at him, he looked amazing and so detailed I had this:



so, I placed him back into his box and I just sat there looking at him like: "You'll never get out of your box, ... EVER!"
__________________
Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did ...
- Robin Williams



Read FREE comics
Sahtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action figures, bootleg


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.