The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 12:08 AM   #1741
Turtle Soup
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Show me what, aside from the name, is TMNT about that godforsaken movie? It's a blight on the entire history of the franchise. It's an eyesore that has nothing to do with a TMNT. You think you're a fan? I have the balls to come here over and over and over again, and re affirm that this crap they're shoving down our throats is unacceptable. Yeah I am saying no. NO!
Your revelry in a film debacle of astronomic proportions is beyond asinine.

I'm not elitist. You're proving with every post that you don't get it.
This a'int TMNT pal, don't kid yourself.
Take. It. Somewhere. Else.
Turtle Soup is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #1742
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Oh, you guys.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:19 AM   #1743
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Soup View Post
It's the Set Photos/Videos Thread. Just stay the **** out of the damn thread if you don't like seeing Set Photos/Videos.

It's too bad he's getting in the way of the ridiculous circle jerk that has been going on between the people that come to this thread to bitch and moan about an unreleased movie.

Just stay the **** out of the god damn thread.

I'd MUCH rather see random ass pictures of random ass stuff on the ****ing set of this probably stupid ass movie than reading your constant bitching/name calling/moaning/personal attacks/fussing/whining because you're not getting the movie you want.

Jesus ****ing Christ. Mods should be dealing with the bitching and moaning masturbation party going on in here between the idiots in this thread that have nothing better to post than how angry they are that Megan Fox is in the movie and the turtles are too big rather than worry about the couple of people that are actually contributing something of worth that's relevant to the thread topic.
Who the **** are you? Go ahead and press the ****ing ignore button. Thanks.
Commenter 42 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:20 AM   #1744
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
graphic: Dude, not for nothin', I'm sure he's a nice guy but sometimes he posts the most banal and inconsequential nonsense. Some of what he shares really is something huge and golden and worthwhile. And some of it's just "Here's a wad of gum that Megan Fox spit out on the sidewalk between takes", and it's like WHO gives a sh*t? Beyond that, the constant attempts to backseat mod when people aren't even ARGUING but simply goofing around is insufferable.

Regardless, he's a grown-up and he's perfectly capable of defending himself IF he feels he needs to. Pretty sure you care more than he does, as he's been quiet about it. He either feels above it all, OR he can take a f***ing poke or two like a big kid is supposed to. It's all in fun AND half the time he inadvertantly invites it upon himself.

Why doesn't anyone ever speak up on behalf of someone like Cubed, f'rinstance? There's a little voodoo doll I made of him that I poke in the eyes with needles every single night and so far he seems pretty happy with the arrangement, although I'm sure this is the first he's heard about it. You're gonna tell me HE'S more mature and can take a joke better than you or TC? Really? I'unno man.

Anyways, you cats gotta lighten up or go climb a different tree.
c'mon dude, CUBE is a different situation - he's been griping about nostrils since before movie-1 released, to the point where he's made it a running joke in the movie boards. we all get a kick outta it, its funny, and expected.

as far as this whole TIGER situation - im done talking about it as Im sure the rest of you are.

on a similar but unrelated note - whats all this talk about plants???

the technodrome is the only board i frequent, so I dont know the culture of other sites, but im hard pressed to believe that companies that pay thousands to market a film will waste money for a 'secret shopper' to skulk on boards trying to solo-champion a cause. seems like time could be better spent on actual marketing.

do you guys have actual experiences with 'proven' plants on other sites? or this one?
graphic_content is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #1745
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
It's definitely a thing that happens, though if I've personally met one I couldn't say for certain. I don't know the intimate details of the process, but yeah, lots of movie companies will pay people to say good things about their movies online and in print, on forums or other places.

It's perfectly reasonable to accept, considering full-blown "professional" reviews have often been bought and paid for going back decades. It's all part of "marketing". It's not something companies brag about but it's definitely something they do.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:26 AM   #1746
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #1747
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Those things look like they're full of cream. Are they?
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:30 AM   #1748
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
c'mon dude, CUBE is a different situation - he's been griping about nostrils since before movie-1 released, to the point where he's made it a running joke in the movie boards. we all get a kick outta it, its funny, and expected.

as far as this whole TIGER situation - im done talking about it as Im sure the rest of you are.

on a similar but unrelated note - whats all this talk about plants???

the technodrome is the only board i frequent, so I dont know the culture of other sites, but im hard pressed to believe that companies that pay thousands to market a film will waste money for a 'secret shopper' to skulk on boards trying to solo-champion a cause. seems like time could be better spent on actual marketing.

do you guys have actual experiences with 'proven' plants on other sites? or this one?
Yeah, the job is a real job. Real people are paid to do exactly that. It's a big part of a social media strategy today. They target the core fandom, and start flooding their space with positive tweets, insta photos, etc etc, all in the hopes of keeping word of mouth positive. Nothing kills a film faster than bad word of mouth., so they spend hundreds of thousands, deploying anonymous people to create buzz.
They also track that buzz, via impressions, clicks etc. leaked video and photos are no accident.

I know it sounds like conspiracy bs, but I assure you it isn't. As I've said before, either a know web-celeb/blogger gets paid out right, (50-100 per tweet/ FB post) which is promoted, (250, give or take) or it's an hourly thing, where someone uses an alias, (provided by the company) under which they are paid 12-18 bucks an hour, to encourage brand loyalty.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 06-15-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #1749
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Those things look like they're full of cream. Are they?
Oh dear god, you're right... If they haven't done Minion Twinkies yet, why not?!

Edit: Hahaha
Spoiler:


On that note, ok movie, make some use of yourself and bring back the Turtle pies.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #1750
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh dear god, you're right... If they haven't done Minion Twinkies yet, why not?!

Edit: Hahaha


On that note, ok movie, make some use of yourself and bring back the Turtle pies.
You know who's my favorite historical villain? KING DON.


The best was when they tried to overthrow and behead him, but they couldn't, because he has no head, as he's a Giant Talking Snack Cake.

"How are you still alive?!"
"I'm 80% preservatives. I'm essentially IMMORTAL!"
Leo656 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 AM   #1751
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
O cease! must hate and death return?
Cease! must men kill and die?
Cease! drain not to its dregs the urn
Of bitter prophecy!
The world is weary of the past¡
O might it die or rest at last!


- Percy Shelley
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 AM   #1752
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
I gotta agree with the masses Tiger posts way to,exesively to the point where he posts fan pics in a thread meant to be for set stuff

You can be excited all you want but we don't need to,see every single photo that just happened to be taken 2 blocks down from the Starbucks will arnett used last tuesday

And if you are posting pics are you not looking for some sort if discussion about then, I see you lovers speculate and try to figure out what's happening in the scenes but the second some one says something against your belief its a huge issue for you guys or a "back on topic"
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 AM   #1753
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I really hate my browser, or computer, or whatever. I just wrote a really nice post & when I hit backspace, it took me off of the page. F*cking hell.

Well, I'm not gonna try & recreate that, but here's my thoughts:

Tigerclaw's not my chum, the bay films make my blood boil, I don't think criticism is "off topic" & I think some folks are over the top with their praise, at times. This is well documented. But I think you guys are way outta line. If the guy wants to spend his free time scouring the web for behind the scenes content, whether plain as can be or hype as hell, that's his decision, & it's very nice of him to go to such lengths in the hopes it will interest other fans. An actor's chair or a cue card may not be a monumental find, but it's all a part of the process that he shares with us despite the negative responses he's often met with, & that there are seemingly more people against it than there are in favor. I appreciate his dedication, & I will even admit, however reluctantly, that although I resent these films, I save many of the pics he posts here because I like to digitally archive TMNT history, which, whether or not we like, this is. So cut the kid a break. I guess I owe you a "thanks", TC.
Powder is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 06:21 AM   #1754
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Well said!
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 06:23 AM   #1755
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Guys can we please calm down please, it's not nice seeing all these arguements, I just want this thread kept clean but some people are making it difficult.

I expect it won't be long until they finish filming (maybe in a month or 2) so there won't be as many pics and videos.

Filming outside is getting less and less now as they seem to be filming inside the studios now.

As soon as filming is wrapped up then this thread will probably go quiet, unless their is going to be some reshoots.

So please calm down and keep it civil.

When pics and video's do get posted here, I put most of them (also official Nick stuff too) on Tumblr and I have gotten so many followers because of it (235 followers so far).
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 06-15-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 AM   #1756
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
What sucks is that we're going to have to wait a while before the marketing kicks in. I doubt they'll do a TMNT SDCC panel. We'll probably start getting promo images around December, with our first trailer or teaser in January.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #1757
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I watched the first movie again this weekend, and honestly, I dislike it more and more each time. This time, I skipped literally every non-Turtle scene (Shredder, Sachs, April, Vern) and also skipped the part where Leo, Donnie, and Mikey are getting their blood drained and then magically restored via the medical application of adrenaline. So f***ing terrible.

...

There is literally nowhere to go but up for the sequel. It CANNOT be as bad as the first.

WTF is it so hard to get someone who actually understands TMNT to write and produce a TMNT movie?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #1758
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I watched the first movie again this weekend, and honestly, I dislike it more and more each time. This time, I skipped literally every non-Turtle scene (Shredder, Sachs, April, Vern) and also skipped the part where Leo, Donnie, and Mikey are getting their blood drained and then magically restored via the medical application of adrenaline. So f***ing terrible.

...

There is literally nowhere to go but up for the sequel. It CANNOT be as bad as the first.

WTF is it so hard to get someone who actually understands TMNT to write and produce a TMNT movie?
I thought I was the only one. It's gotten to the point where I don't even re-watch the movie, I just go on YouTube and watch the fight scenes because those are the only good scenes since the Turtles are in there. It's not that the sequel is going to be good, it's just going to be better than the first since the first was so bad. It's like how any future Transformers movies are going to be better than Transformers 4.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:07 AM   #1759
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I watched the first movie again this weekend, and honestly, I dislike it more and more each time. This time, I skipped literally every non-Turtle scene (Shredder, Sachs, April, Vern) and also skipped the part where Leo, Donnie, and Mikey are getting their blood drained and then magically restored via the medical application of adrenaline. So f***ing terrible.

...

There is literally nowhere to go but up for the sequel. It CANNOT be as bad as the first.

WTF is it so hard to get someone who actually understands TMNT to write and produce a TMNT movie?
Oh my friend that is not true at all.

Spoiler tag for all the children who don't want to see me sh*t on their beloved movie. Now you actually have to make effort to get all mad and whiney.

Spoiler:
Look at how bad the first one was. Look at how little they tried.

Look at how they were rewarded for their sh*ttiness. 65 million dollar OW and almost 500 million WW.

Those exact same people are back for the second one. Save for the director(who they replaced with a guy who directed Earth to Echo and...that's it).

Now? They're going to throw whatever they can/want at the wall while blindfolded and see what sticks. Shove some more fan favorites in there(Casey, B&R, Stockman, Krang), bring back Shredder/Karai too just for the hell of it, bring back Sachs because NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT CHARACTER SO WHY NOT, throw in another cameo from someone from beloved Turtle history(hopefully it won't get cut this time), and then a bunch of other bullsh*t like Megan Fox in a blonde school girl costume and basketball players and models and all the other stuff.

I maintain that it WILL absolutely be worse than the first one.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #1760
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Oh my friend that is not true at all.

Spoiler tag for all the children who don't want to see me sh*t on their beloved movie. Now you actually have to make effort to get all mad and whiney.

Spoiler:
Look at how bad the first one was. Look at how little they tried.

Look at how they were rewarded for their sh*ttiness. 65 million dollar OW and almost 500 million WW.

Those exact same people are back for the second one. Save for the director(who they replaced with a guy who directed Earth to Echo and...that's it).

Now? They're going to throw whatever they can/want at the wall while blindfolded and see what sticks. Shove some more fan favorites in there(Casey, B&R, Stockman, Krang), bring back Shredder/Karai too just for the hell of it, bring back Sachs because NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT CHARACTER SO WHY NOT, throw in another cameo from someone from beloved Turtle history(hopefully it won't get cut this time), and then a bunch of other bullsh*t like Megan Fox in a blonde school girl costume and basketball players and models and all the other stuff.

I maintain that it WILL absolutely be worse than the first one.
I agree with everything you say except that it will be worse. The one saving grace for the sequel will be that there will be no last-minute rewrites that chop the story up into unrecognizable nonsensical dog food. We won't be subjected to terrible Eric Sachs/Shredder nonsense, no stupid mutagen toxin, no idiotic "drain them of all their blood, even if it kills them".

...

Did I just jinx it? I feel like I just jinxed it.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.