The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #1881
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Meh, hard to blame the guy, he does what he's told and prob can't even say much for a while.

He could have stood to sound a tad less defensive though. Prob sucks having questions aimed at him over it when it's not his decisions, but I hope he doesn't go the bitchfit route Fox did last time. If you can't reply with anything nice, don't reply at all.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #1882
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Meh, hard to blame the guy, he does what he's told and prob can't even say much for a while.

He could have stood to sound a tad less defensive though. Prob sucks having questions aimed at him over it when it's not his decisions, but I hope he doesn't go the bitchfit route Fox did last time. If you can't reply with anything nice, don't reply at all.
That's not his route. He's usually really, really honored to get a big role, and he's a really down to Earth guy. If anything, he's going to be one of the people trying really hard to promote this movie once filming is complete. Megan Fox, on the other hand, eh.... Let's not talk about her route.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #1883
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
"Hey guys -- it makes sense. If we went with the classic version of Casey, he wouldn't be able to afford a new, expensive car or brand-name clothes that we can plug for extra product placement. Just be patient, we'll try to fit some Ninja Turtles in here in-between commercials if we can, and we'll have all the farts and boner jokes that I'm told the fans are demanding."
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 06-17-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Bry is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #1884
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
That's not his route. He's usually really, really honored to get a big role, and he's a really down to Earth guy. If anything, he's going to be one of the people trying really hard to promote this movie once filming is complete. Megan Fox, on the other hand, eh.... Let's not talk about her route.
Good to know then, hope he sticks with that. And hope those who threw a fit last time can keep their professionalism about them.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #1885
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
He's in a Platinum Dunes sequel. He should know that #1 source material was already out the window #2 lazy writers #3 pissed off fans.

And yet somehow, PD keeps making money and selling movies. Dammit. Michael Bay is getting to the point where Uwe Boll is feeling a little threatened.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #1886
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Meh, hard to blame the guy, he does what he's told and prob can't even say much for a while.

He could have stood to sound a tad less defensive though. Prob sucks having questions aimed at him over it when it's not his decisions, but I hope he doesn't go the bitchfit route Fox did last time. If you can't reply with anything nice, don't reply at all.
To be fair I think that was about as polite a response as anyone is likely to get.

Also it's entirely possible if not probable he's being sold snake oil as much they are trying to sell to us. Remember those early William Fichtner interviews where he gleefully taked about how he was playing Shredder. He knew that Eric Sachs was a new character and not the original Shredder but was under the impression that this was par of the course with the franchise ie; that there's many different Shredders and all it takes is the costume. Clearly he was misled in that regard.

Same with Will Arnett who was under the impression Vernon was a character from the original comics. It's probable that Amell is being pumped up wity "yeah it's different but it's true to the spirit of the original and fans will love it when they see it"...just like we did with tha last movie
Galactus is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #1887
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
To be fair I think that was about as polite a response as anyone is likely to get.

Also it's entirely possible if not probable he's being sold snake oil as much they are trying to sell to us. Remember those early William Fichtner interviews where he gleefully taked about how he was playing Shredder. He knew that Eric Sachs was a new character and not the original Shredder but was under the impression that this was par of the course with the franchise ie; that there's many different Shredders and all it takes is the costume. Clearly he was misled in that regard.

Same with Will Arnett who was under the impression Vernon was a character from the original comics. It's probable that Amell is being pumped up wity "yeah it's different but it's true to the spirit of the original and fans will love it when they see it"...just like we did with tha last movie
Yeah, but this is all taking place after the atrocious 2014 movie. Clearly anyone has to have their head in the sand to think TMNT was a good movie or that fanboys are just gonna fawn all over the sequel.

This sequel has a LOT to prove.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #1888
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I think the funniest thing about the promotion for the last movie is the fact that Megan Fox, the only cast member who claimed to be a superfan, said, "They only changed a few things."

*Extremely sarcastic* She's right, though. They only changed, like, one thing. You know, Hamato Yoshi. That guy wasn't important. Oh, wait, they didn't change one thing, they changed a bunch of things!

You know what I don't get? Why couldn't they have just said something like, "My owner, Hamato Yoshi, trained with Oroku Saki, the Shredder, in the Foot Clan. Yoshi was also a scientist at TCRI, and when Oroku Saki heard of the mutagen he was creating, he wanted it for himself."
^ I'm freaking 16 and I can come up with better ways to fill the plotholes than those damn screenwriters, holy ****. That would've established the rivalry, why the hell Shredder wants the mutagen, and why Splinter had such a strong sense of Japanese culture. Hell, if you wanted to, you don't even have to say he learned from a book. You can have him watching Yoshi, and then when he gets injected with the mutagen, it affects his brain and gives him some sort of hyperactive memory, and he's able to copy all of Yoshi's moves that he watched perfectly. <- That's an original take AND it has strong connections to the Mirage comics.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #1889
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I'm freaking 16 and I can come up with better ways to fill the plotholes than those damn screenwriters, holy ****. That would've established the rivalry, why the hell Shredder wants the mutagen, and why Splinter had such a strong sense of Japanese culture. Hell, if you wanted to, you don't even have to say he learned from a book. You can have him watching Yoshi, and then when he gets injected with the mutagen, it affects his brain and gives him some sort of hyperactive memory, and he's able to copy all of Yoshi's moves that he watched perfectly. <- That's an original take AND it has strong connections to the Mirage comics.
Welcome to the mind-baffling conundrum of writing. Knowing that you, an amateur, can write much better than the current hacks who are butchering stories and scripts left and right.

I don't claim to be better than everyone out there, but I damn sure could do a better job than some of them. I'm actually considering writing my own TMNT movie scripts just to give a middle finger to Bay. It might be therapeutic.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #1890
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Welcome to the mind-baffling conundrum of writing. Knowing that you, an amateur, can write much better than the current hacks who are butchering stories and scripts left and right.

I don't claim to be better than everyone out there, but I damn sure could do a better job than some of them. I'm actually considering writing my own TMNT movie scripts just to give a middle finger to Bay. It might be therapeutic.
...Is it bad that I've already written a trilogy of scripts, and I'm actually currently working on the third one as we speak?
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #1891
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
...Is it bad that I've already written a trilogy of scripts, and I'm actually currently working on the third one as we speak?
No. What's bad is that the official script involved female alien turtles.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #1892
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Elizabeth Olsen, Jane Levy, Anna Kendrick. All auditioned, all would have been far better.

But you know what? They're all TOO good for this movie series. It doesn't deserve them. This movie series got exactly what it deserved in Megan Fox.
Who WOULDN'T want Anna Kendrick as April?! Seriously, I was extremely disappointed when Fox was announced over Kendrick. Not that I hate Megan Fox or anything, she does what she does and looks good while doing it. I don't blame her for taking the part, but she's not right for it and I do blame the people that cast her. Especially considering the candidates that had auditioned. Anna Kendrick was my personal preference because I have a thing for her and I think her fun, upbeat personality would have been great as April.

When they cast Stephen Arnell I thought it didn't seem like such a bad choice, but it's literally just Stephen Arnell playing Stephen Arnell as Stephen Arnell. And they think by sticking him in this Dodge car it'll make him more relate-able by giving him this appearance of just your regular, All-American, working-class guy. They just don't get it. Literally, all they had to do was give him longer hair and maybe a sh!tty motorcycle. Instead we get this total dude-bro, Affliction shirt, Wooderson-that's-what-I-love-about-these-high-school-girls loser.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #1893
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No. What's bad is that the official script involved female alien turtles.
Hmm. And here mine are, with the first one having Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder, second one having Krang and Shredder, and the third one having an all out assault on the Technodrome. o_o

Also, these aren't just storyboards, I put work into this stuff. The first one (which I'm re-writing) is, like, 140 pages. Second one is 189, and the third one is at 124 right now, and I'm estimating it to be somewhere around 200.

Also, the scripts include the Leo one-shot, comic accurate Casey Jones, Bishop, long action scenes, and most of all, the Turtles are front and center. You know, stuff that the writers wouldn't even think of writing. The only thing that I kind of based off of the new movie was the fact that there's a snow-chase in the second one.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #1894
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
Who WOULDN'T want Anna Kendrick as April?! Seriously, I was extremely disappointed when Fox was announced over Kendrick. Not that I hate Megan Fox or anything, she does what she does and looks good while doing it. I don't blame her for taking the part, but she's not right for it and I do blame the people that cast her. Especially considering the candidates that had auditioned. Anna Kendrick was my personal preference because I have a thing for her and I think her fun, upbeat personality would have been great as April.

When they cast Stephen Arnell I thought it didn't seem like such a bad choice, but it's literally just Stephen Arnell playing Stephen Arnell as Stephen Arnell. And they think by sticking him in this Dodge car it'll make him more relate-able by giving him this appearance of just your regular, All-American, working-class guy. They just don't get it. Literally, all they had to do was give him longer hair and maybe a sh!tty motorcycle. Instead we get this total dude-bro, Affliction shirt, Wooderson-that's-what-I-love-about-these-high-school-girls loser.
Dude-brah and the Fox. Yep. Total miscasting.

And what's funny is when they first announced Amell, I was on board because he looks pretty "Casey" in the Arrow flashbacks when he's got the long grungy hair. And he could have the attitude...

But the same Oliver Queen appearance and now an expensive muscle car...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #1895
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Hmm. And here mine are, with the first one having Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder, second one having Krang and Shredder, and the third one having an all out assault on the Technodrome. o_o

Also, these aren't just storyboards, I put work into this stuff. The first one (which I'm re-writing) is, like, 140 pages. Second one is 189, and the third one is at 124 right now, and I'm estimating it to be somewhere around 200.

Also, the scripts include the Leo one-shot, comic accurate Casey Jones, Bishop, long action scenes, and most of all, the Turtles are front and center. You know, stuff that the writers wouldn't even think of writing. The only thing that I kind of based off of the new movie was the fact that there's a snow-chase in the second one.
What's really infuriating is that the most successful comic book movies have pulled from so many different parts of an overall franchise.

The Dark Knight trilogy pulled from Year One, The Man Who Falls, The Long Halloween, Knightfall, No Man's Land, The Dark Knight Returns; it has previously-seen characters like Joker, Harvey Dent, and Selina Kyle; new characters like Scarecrow, R'as al Ghul, Talia al Ghul; they redid Bane; Gordon, Lucius Fox; new takes on vehicles; emotional story arcs and character development... Nolan pulled from SO many different sources of Batman to create a new definitive original take.

PD TMNT is just lazy. Watch 20 minutes of original cartoons, give the Turtles 40 minutes of focus in a 90 minute runtime, purple mohawk, hockey mask, DONE. They can't even be bothered to explain who Shredder is or why he hates the Turtles. Hamato Yoshi? Oroku Saki? Never in the movie.

Again... every day, and every post, I hate the 2014 movie more and more.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #1896
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
You know you picked a bad Ninja Turtle director when, during an interview, he's asked who his favorite Turtle is, which is said to show a lot about the person.
"Let me guess... Donatello."
"What would that tell about me?"
"That you're super smart?"
"Oh, right, I got that right away."


....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF0DuVBtOk (it's around 1:10)

Let's hope Dave Green is an actual fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYtG7aQTHA
Michael Bay's part in this is the most accurate thing I've ever heard.

Last edited by Foombamaroom; 06-17-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #1897
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
You know you picked a bad Ninja Turtle director when, during an interview, he's asked who his favorite Turtle is, which is said to show a lot about the person.
"Let me guess... Donatello."
"What would that tell about me?"
"That you're super smart?"
"Oh, right, I got that right away."

....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF0DuVBtOk (it's around 1:10)

Let's hope Dave Green is an actual fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYtG7aQTHA
Michael Bay's part in this is the most accurate thing I've ever heard.
I'm surprised his answer wasn't "The red one. There is a red one, right?"
Metalhead 2.0 is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #1898
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Ouff... That was painful to watch.

A director doesn't need to be a fan to make a good movie though, as long as they are passionate and have a strong script.
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #1899
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
I'm surprised his answer wasn't "The red one. There is a red one, right?"
"Well, in the comics, they're all red."
"WHAT. NO. STOP LYING."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Ouff... That was painful to watch.

A director doesn't need to be a fan to make a good movie though, as long as they are passionate and have a strong script.
HA.
Two things that this one didn't have right there.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 06-17-2015, 02:27 PM   #1900
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
You know you picked a bad Ninja Turtle director when, during an interview, he's asked who his favorite Turtle is, which is said to show a lot about the person.
"Let me guess... Donatello."
"What would that tell about me?"
"That you're super smart?"
"Oh, right, I got that right away."


....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF0DuVBtOk (it's around 1:10)

Let's hope Dave Green is an actual fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYtG7aQTHA
Michael Bay's part in this is the most accurate thing I've ever heard.
Oh GOD I hate this man. BOTH of these men. I think I'm gonna end up hating Dave Green, too.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.