The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #61
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'm just glad the Utroms are in the series and that they're the good Kraang. I wonder if they were called Kraang before this and switched it to Utrom or if they were always called Utroms and the Kraang changed their name.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #62
Meliwen
Foot Soldier
 
Meliwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 157
Is Bishop the only Utrom? Of course, there could be more out there, but it sounds like he's the only one, at least the only one mentioned so far.

I was so ready for him to take the lead for human vs mutants. Now I wonder who they'll have to head the EPF.
Meliwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #63
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliwen View Post
Is Bishop the only Utrom? Of course, there could be more out there, but it sounds like he's the only one, at least the only one mentioned so far.

I was so ready for him to take the lead for human vs mutants. Now I wonder who they'll have to head the EPF.
That just means they would have to have Dirk Savage fill that role rather then Bishop.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Its kind of a twist knowing Bishop's origin, its like a nod to Ch'rell from the 2k3 series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #65
Ursalink
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 136
Well, I have to say the recent spoiler revealed about Bishop was unexpected, but ironically it matchs with a theory I had time ago about the series:

"In TMNT 2012, the Utroms were a pacific/benevolent alien species from another planet, just like in 2003' series. However, there was one corrupted member of that species (Kraang) who wanted to conquer the universe and all classic evil stuff. (Just like Ch'Rell in 2003's). He failed and the Utroms exiled him to Dimension X, where he discovered the mutagen and used it on himself to become "Kraang Prime". The mutation basically gave him big telepathic powers and turned him into a giant. However, knowing that he needed a loyal army for his plans, Kraang Prime decided to clone himself in small soldiers versions. That's why all the Kraangs talk in that stupid way. Kraang Subprime was a clone a little more intelligent that the rest of them, and that's why he was the second in command of Kraang Prime; not to mention he talks normal".

Can somebody, please, post more spoilers of that book?
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #66
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I kind of like the idea, actually. Always expected Sub-prime to return at some point, despite the "evidence" of the Irma-bot head. It was just too convenient that there was no body- it's a standard trope for bringing back "dead" characters. (See soap opera deaths.)

As for Bishop and the EPF, I see no reason why he couldn't still be the head of it, as they most likely wouldn't know he's an Utrom. They may even assume the Kraang simply copied his appearance for their androids. Not saying this is how it is going to happen, but it seems like the most logical way for it to work.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
So what is Bishop's design look like?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #68
TurFlytle
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So what is Bishop's design look like?
According to Bitsy, he looks like a human Kraang Droid with sunglasses in which the Kraang copied his exosuit.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurFlytle View Post
According to Bitsy, he looks like a human Kraang Droid with sunglasses in which the Kraang copied his exosuit.
So basically close to his original design then. Funny, back in 2012 when the human Kraang droids were first shown people said they looked like Bishop.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #70
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
So wait, are they changing Bishop's character? Am not pleased with this. He was one of my favorites, boo!
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #71
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
How does Subprime keep surviving? With all those gruesome defeats, he could have been equipped with more cybernetics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So wait, are they changing Bishop's character? Am not pleased with this. He was one of my favorites, boo!
I doubt they're changing his character. They're just making him an Utrom. As long as his personality traits remain in tact, I'm fine with it.

We know that that mutant task force is coming... It'd be interesting to see this version of Bishop turn on the Turtles.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So wait, are they changing Bishop's character? Am not pleased with this. He was one of my favorites, boo!
How is that different than practically any other character on this show from a past series? Virtually everyone in the Nick cartoon have different personalities than we're used to.

I think the only ones almost exactly the same were Renet and Savanti, and even then there were some slight tweaks like Savanti being a mutant, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #73
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
Gosh....should I even BOTHER making a thread now? Some of you guys already beat me to it. Ok, let me go into a bit more detail about the book:

Spoiler:
It starts out with the Turtles, Casey, and April patrolling the streets and looking for more Kraang. I think we all saw the clip where they mentioned that the Mutanimals were taken out by Tog (Slash and Rockwell, to be specific). While they're driving, a Kraang droid (with human face) pulls up alongside them, pulls down his sunglasses, and "winks" at them. The Turtles find this suspicious so they follow the car, but lose him down an alley. They get this message on the wall: "TURTLES. 3117 BAYFRONT STREET. MIDNIGHT." Below the message is a bishop chess piece. (This is where I started squeeing.)

The Turtles are then led to the meat packaging place where they fought Tigerclaw and see the Kraang droid. Obviously, they all attack him, but he takes them all out while trying to say he doesn't want to fight them. He apprehends Donnie and forces them to listen to him. He says his Earth name is Bishop and that he is a Utrom, a peaceful Kraang. He even talks differently from the other Kraang. This is because the Kraang all share a hive-mind (which Donnie had speculated before), and he was the one who originally created the human disguise; the other Kraang just copied him. (I think someone speculated that before). Bishop warns the Turtles that the Triceratons are planning to invade Earth in order to take out the Kraang.

Bishop explains how for millennia, the two species fought over Dimension X; a classic battle of brains vs. brawns. The Triceratons almost won, until the Kraang unleashed a weapon known as a "Black Hole Generator," which destroyed the Triceraton's home planet. The war for Dimension X is still continuing to this day, so that might explain why the Kraang have been trying to use Earth as their new home. Leo interrupts and asks Bishop why he's helping them:
"Because...I have watched you. I have seen the good you have done in quiet, in secrecy, simply for the sake of goodness. That is why I help you."

So, the Turtles and Bishop form a plan to invade the Technodrome, which has been rebuilt...again. Leo, Casey, April, and Bishop are in the Blimp over the bay where the Technodrome is while Raph, Donnie, Leatherhead, and Mikey go in the sub. Kraang Sub-prime has returned (somehow) and is trying to power up the Technodrome. Unfortunately, the Technodrome still manages to rise and begins to ascend onto New York. Using glider wings, Leo's team break into the Drome to find their friends. As their fighting, every monitor on the Technodrome and screen on the planet (computer screens, smart phones, TV, etc.) receives a message from Mozar:

"Greetings, Sub-Life Forms of Earth. I am Captain Mozar of the Triceraton Empire. Let it be known that your planet is infested with Kraang, an insidious alien bent on mutating Earthing their own home world. In response, we Triceratons will eliminate these hideous aliens, freeing you from their vile plans. Unfortunately, your Earth will be annihilated as well. That is all. And please...have a nice day."

Hence, begins the DOUBLE INVASION! So, the Kraang and the Turtles fight, Sub-Prime and Bishop face off. We find out that Sub-Prime is actually SUB-Subprime. I'm not sure what this means, but I assume that Bishop once outranked Subprime. Eventually, the Turtles have to escape in Kraang ships, only to be attacked by Triceraton pilots. A huge dogfight goes on when Casey and Mikey see a Triceraton ship head for Central Park. They have their own Black Hole Generator, which they stole from the Kraang, and start to put it together. The Turtles show up and are about to face them when they receive some backup. Splinter, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, and the rest of the Mutanimals show up and a huge brawl goes on to stop the Triceratons from powering up the generator.

And that's where my bookmark is. I'll try to finish the book tomorrow and post the rest, if someone hasn't already beaten me to it. I'm starting to think I may be a bit behind in all this. So, what do you all think?
I think you are doing fine. Will you post the rest of the book, please? Thank you.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
This arc sounds really exciting, so from what we know:

- Bishop is the head of the EPF but he's an Utrom
- The Utrom and Kraang are at war with each other
- The Triceratons want the Fugitoid as usual, Zog is already on Earth
- The Triceratons are at war with the Kraang too
- Mona Lisa is an alien and possibly part of Newtralizers race
- Lord Dregg will appear as an alien crimelord

Hopefully we get to see Wingnut/Screwloose in space too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #75
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Spoiler:
Bishop's potential as a major villain has been UTTERLY SHOT TO HELL!
Big honkin deal. This sounds much more interesting. Kinda like Mortu a bit.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #76
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Big honkin deal. This sounds much more interesting. Kinda like Mortu a bit.
It also could possibly means Bishop could betrays the turtles and lead the EPF which is what he's known for.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I'm just glad Bishop is in the show, and at least he resembles his character unlike Hun.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #78
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Ok, guys, I'm almost done paraphrasing the rest of the book. I think I'm down to the last twenty pages or so, but I need to get to work. I'll try to post it later tonight or tomorrow. Pinky swear.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #79
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
Ok, guys, I'm almost done paraphrasing the rest of the book. I think I'm down to the last twenty pages or so, but I need to get to work. I'll try to post it later tonight or tomorrow. Pinky swear.
Twenty pages left? I thought this was one of those picture heavy childrens' books that are like ten or twenty pages, are you telling me it's actually much longer than twenty pages?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #80
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,079
I think, it's "Mutants in Space!" (128 pages)
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
turtles in space


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.