The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #81
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've been debating whether to get this series when it comes out in TPB, but now I'm wondering if I should just skip it. I still want to complete the entire IDW run, so I'll definitely be getting the Mutanimals mini-series, but not sure about this one, after what I've heard of it. Any insight?
Mutanimals is AMAZING. Get it definitely.

I'm not buying the Casey & April TPB immediately, if ever. I'm basically waiting to see how much of the Aka interaction is recapped in the ongoing TMNT series, and how badly I'm forced to acquire the mini-series trade for my collection. I really don't want to financially reward a project that was a vast personal disappointment.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #82
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Oh boy, was this story ****.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #83
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I kinda get why people are peeved because the story is not heavily related to the main story arc plot, but the story is about April and Casey and that's what I'm getting. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying it more?

And if I want heavy action, there's always the Mutanimals to go to at anytime. Maybe April & Casey's story will be action packed in the future if there is anymore opportunity like this? Who knows.

And also the artwork is nice. As an artist myself, I appreciate the style and the color pallete this series brought to the table. Very luscious and vivid colors. It's a special little mini series to me and very precious imo.

I downloaded all my tmnt comics into my ipad. Ah, ebook, very convenient technology.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:49 AM   #84
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've been debating whether to get this series when it comes out in TPB, but now I'm wondering if I should just skip it. I still want to complete the entire IDW run, so I'll definitely be getting the Mutanimals mini-series, but not sure about this one, after what I've heard of it. Any insight?
If you have Comixology, the first three issues can be obtained for $1.99 each there. Try the first one: it should be more than enough for you to learn if the mini is your cup of tea.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #85
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I kinda get why people are peeved because the story is not heavily related to the main story arc plot, but the story is about April and Casey and that's what I'm getting. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying it more?
I think it's because we were expecting the story to be "Casey and April do something useful", not just "Casey and April".
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I think it's because we were expecting the story to be "Casey and April do something useful", not just "Casey and April".
I like the way you put that...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #87
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
I finally got around to reading #4 today, and while nothing really happened in it, I do think that they are setting us up for the next big story arc after TMNT #50. The whole "we're Gods, a war is coming, and you (April) will be part of it" was a huge sign, I think.
Just my thoughts
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #88
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Well, I did not enjoy that.

I'm very interested in the Pantheon stuff to come of this, though.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #89
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Yeah definitely the product of some serious decompressed storytelling. Probably could have been condensed into a 2 issue mini or maybe even a single issue.

Definitely served more of a role as setup for future stuff instead of adding anything big and new itself. The whole mini read together really invokes that single issue of a Micro-Series tie-in feel, which I would be all for Micro-Series vol. 3 at this point.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.