The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #341
The Happy One
Hench Mutant
 
The Happy One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The...Earth??
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I think for right now, I'd call b.s. on it, because frankly, if Splinter was gone, why was Hoon Lee a part of the panels? Was it just for a fond farewell? Cause that would be strange.

I think they said he died, because well...he did die. But they won't explain the specific way they will go back in time to bring him back.
Good point, JTH.

But, perhaps, Hoon Lee will be back as...a spirit, maybe?? Kinda like Tang Shen from IDW. But who am I to say? Maybe of you guys know anyone who's gone and can confirm?? Unfortunately...I was stuck home with a peanut allergy reaction
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #342
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
I would expect flashbacks, maybe also dreams or something similar to vision quest. Given that this is a space themed season and we've a new star wars movie round the corner, I wouldn't be surprised to have some kind of 'Force ghost esque' appearance for Splinter during the season.
__________________
Help animate the Sedisverse - Kickstarter at;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #343
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
I would expect flashbacks, maybe also dreams or something similar to vision quest. Given that this is a space themed season and we've a new star wars movie round the corner, I wouldn't be surprised to have some kind of 'Force ghost esque' appearance for Splinter during the season.
That could work too. Now I wonder if they have a show this season if it'll be the old Star Wars cartoon...the Droids/Ewoks hour that used to air in the mid-80s on I think ABC. Can't remember...just that I used to watch it and loved the Ewoks but found the Droids half boring. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #344
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
That could work too. Now I wonder if they have a show this season if it'll be the old Star Wars cartoon...the Droids/Ewoks hour that used to air in the mid-80s on I think ABC. Can't remember...just that I used to watch it and loved the Ewoks but found the Droids half boring. lol
Also having this would be a good way to bring back the Northampton Farm House.

While I doubt we would watch a funeral for Splinter take place. But if one does take place I can imagine it depicted as a cremation attended by the Turtles, April, Casey, Kirby, and the Mutanimals.

The more likely event though is the Turtles will just be at Farm House, with a marker depicting Splinter's final resting place. I figure the Turtles are going to need to be at a place away from the city to sort themselves out before they return to the lair.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:43 PM   #345
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
It could be that the Turtles can only save 1 or the other, so if they save earth they can't save Splinter. Or they save both but due to fate Splinter dies anyway. But I expect Hoon Lee can still voice him for special appearances like flashbacks or see him as a spirit ect.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #346
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It could be that the Turtles can only save 1 or the other, so if they save earth they can't save Splinter. Or they save both but due to fate Splinter dies anyway. But I expect Hoon Lee can still voice him for special appearances like flashbacks or see him as a spirit ect.
This almost goes back to that one thing Splinter says in the first season finale.

There was one point where Splinter says "With the fate of the world at stake, you must always complete the mission no matter what... or who you have to sacrifice."

In other worlds if the choice comes to forsaking the mission to save someones life or completing the mission at the cost of someones life. Choose to put the lives of the many over the lives of the few.

Splinter wouldn't want his sons to save him when the time spent to do so could be better spent saving the numerous innocent people who would be affected if they don't save the world from distruction.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #347
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,779
There's no way Splinter will stay dead forever. C'mon, people, its a kids show. No way is such a tragic ending going to happen to Splinter in a show aimed at 8 year olds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:45 AM   #348
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,517
The 80 show was a kid show thw 2003 and the current are not very kid friendly. Especialy not the 2003 one. Todays kids dont afraid of more serious and violent shows. They are used to such things. When most kids are playing violent video games like Call of duty at the age of 5 what makes you think a more serious tmnt show will scare them? It is 2015 kids we are talking about not 1987 kids.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #349
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant
 
Unworthy tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: a house made of lego
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The 80 show was a kid show thw 2003 and the current are not very kid friendly. Especialy not the 2003 one. Todays kids dont afraid of more serious and violent shows. They are used to such things. When most kids are playing violent video games like Call of duty at the age of 5 what makes you think a more serious tmnt show will scare them? It is 2015 kids we are talking about not 1987 kids.
I think that depends more on how their raised. IDK, maybe I'm not the best person to respond to this since my parents aren't exactly afraid of "scary violence" traumatizing my sis...Then again, she's a weird child, even if she doesn't play violent games. Anyways, I don't think that's how every child is, and I still think they have to keep things toned down. Even if this is supposedly how the average five to eight year old is, I'm pretty sure Nick still has to, y'know, censor stuff (i.e. no blood when Shredder killed Splinter).

I think the standards are different from 1987, yes, but you still have to keep in mind that it's for children.
__________________
I have big silvers, little silvers, and I can make it rain copper.
Social medias
Unworthy tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:12 AM   #350
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy tinker View Post
I think that depends more on how their raised. IDK, maybe I'm not the best person to respond to this since my parents aren't exactly afraid of "scary violence" traumatizing my sis...Then again, she's a weird child, even if she doesn't play violent games. Anyways, I don't think that's how every child is, and I still think they have to keep things toned down. Even if this is supposedly how the average five to eight year old is, I'm pretty sure Nick still has to, y'know, censor stuff (i.e. no blood when Shredder killed Splinter).

I think the standards are different from 1987, yes, but you still have to keep in mind that it's for children.
I agree with both points, but I feel that kids today can handle death better, especially if they watch anime shows where, depending on the series, have characters die, like Neji (I was told) in Naruto. Of course it still depends on the kid, but as long as the death isn't graphic, I don't think kids would have that much of an issue. They are a bit more desentisized to most things.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:23 AM   #351
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no way Splinter will stay dead forever. C'mon, people, its a kids show. No way is such a tragic ending going to happen to Splinter in a show aimed at 8 year olds.
Say that to Disney and the horrible ways Disney villains, and some heroes, have been dying over the years, some examples are: eaten alive, impaled, crushed, burned, exploded, hanged, heck, in one instance you even had someone having his skin ripped from it's own body.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:34 AM   #352
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Say that to Disney and the horrible ways Disney villains, and some heroes, have been dying over the years, some examples are: eaten alive, impaled, crushed, burned, exploded, hanged, heck, in one instance you even had someone having his skin ripped from it's own body.
Ah, good points. I've never seen Tarzan, but I've seen the death scene. It was eerie and creepy...but I've always hated anything involving necks snapping. Hm, there's also the infamous scene of Bambi's mother being killed. Scar being eaten alive. Mufasa being trampled to death. Gaston being dropped from a tower...Ursula, my gosh! THAT was gruesome as it, like you said, impaled her! I saw that movie at 8 and didn't think anything of it. I thought about it years after the fact. As a kid, the only Disney thing I can think of that creeped me out was when that kid turned into a Donkey in Pinochio. I found that scarier and creepier than anything involving death.

Hm, there are also older cartoons in general that have had deaths, now that I think about it. One that comes to mind right off is that Tom & Jerry cartoon where Tom I think had to keep everything quiet or something and he couldn't thanks to Jerry and his nephew, and at the end, Tom was beheaded by guillotine. Hm, I guess that would be a bad example though since they're always back for the next cartoon short. ^^


Bottom line, I'm sure kids can handle Splinter being killed and staying dead. Unless most kids live under rocks, I'm sure they've seen at least one Disney work with some character being killed out.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #353
The Happy One
Hench Mutant
 
The Happy One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The...Earth??
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no way Splinter will stay dead forever. C'mon, people, its a kids show. No way is such a tragic ending going to happen to Splinter in a show aimed at 8 year olds.
I'm almost positive the kids'll get over it. As the years pass, I think Nick is more lenient to what Brandon and Ciro want to do because, honestly, the ones really watching the show are primarily teens and adults. Besides kids can handle a lot more than we think. I mean, if they saw Big Hero 6 or the Lion King or any Disney movie and made it...I'm sure they'll be fine
But I can see where you're coming from, Cubed. Perhaps you're right. We shall wait and see, I guess.
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #354
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
If this is true, I'm wondering if this will allow them to age the turtles, April, and Casey up a bit. Maybe about 2-3 years older.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:16 AM   #355
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Ah, good points. I've never seen Tarzan, but I've seen the death scene. It was eerie and creepy...but I've always hated anything involving necks snapping. Hm, there's also the infamous scene of Bambi's mother being killed. Scar being eaten alive. Mufasa being trampled to death. Gaston being dropped from a tower...Ursula, my gosh! THAT was gruesome as it, like you said, impaled her! I saw that movie at 8 and didn't think anything of it. I thought about it years after the fact. As a kid, the only Disney thing I can think of that creeped me out was when that kid turned into a Donkey in Pinochio. I found that scarier and creepier than anything involving death.

Hm, there are also older cartoons in general that have had deaths, now that I think about it. One that comes to mind right off is that Tom & Jerry cartoon where Tom I think had to keep everything quiet or something and he couldn't thanks to Jerry and his nephew, and at the end, Tom was beheaded by guillotine. Hm, I guess that would be a bad example though since they're always back for the next cartoon short. ^^


Bottom line, I'm sure kids can handle Splinter being killed and staying dead. Unless most kids live under rocks, I'm sure they've seen at least one Disney work with some character being killed out.
I don't think it's a matter of censoring the killing off of characters it's but more like seeing the ramifications of the other characters dealing with the fact that he's gone and somehow that's more taboo in children's animation. For some reason in the West, the subject of death in conversation is forbidden in our culture and I'm worried that that the weight of Splinter's death is going to get eclipse quickly or it else will start to feel too real for the children.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 AM   #356
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no way Splinter will stay dead forever. C'mon, people, its a kids show. No way is such a tragic ending going to happen to Splinter in a show aimed at 8 year olds.
They wouldn't have killed him in the first place if they had to abide by the 'kids show' limitations you've put on them.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #357
Ceres
Stone Warrior
 
Ceres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 601
Some kids can handle death even better as an adult. They think of it on another level so i don't think it would be such a big deal for children if they knew Splinter stay dead for good.
We should stop wrapping up our children in cotton balls, death is something that goes along life so even if cartoons like TMNT can show it(of course not graphic like a headchop or something but in a way that they see there is mortality even in a cartoon!)

Flashbacks are the best way to put Splinter in even after death!
__________________

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #358
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressOfShadows View Post
Some kids can handle death even better as an adult. They think of it on another level so i don't think it would be such a big deal for children if they knew Splinter stay dead for good.
We should stop wrapping up our children in cotton balls, death is something that goes along life so even if cartoons like TMNT can show it(of course not graphic like a headchop or something but in a way that they see there is mortality even in a cartoon!)

Flashbacks are the best way to put Splinter in even after death!
But can they handle seeing characters going through the mourning process is my big question. It's one to kill off characters to exploit ratings but can a writer focus on an uncomfortable subject well enough to try to teach kids that it's okay to be sad?
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #359
The Happy One
Hench Mutant
 
The Happy One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The...Earth??
Posts: 299
Sure, they can. Again, with all these movies that demonstrate what it truly means to lose someone in death and show characters mourn and suffer emotionally afterwards- movies aimed at kids- I have a hunch they could handle the mourning of Splinter's death. But, we'll have to see how it all plays out. Quite personally, I'm excited!
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #360
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Another interview from NYCC



Lucy Lawless is going to be on the show, don't know who she's voicing though.

There a interesting bit about the darkness of the show
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.