![]() |
|
|
#5201 | |
|
So Long, Stinktown!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
|
Quote:
![]() I've been reading Marvel pretty much since I could read, and I certainly dont feel the same way. They're movies, not comics, so its hard to directly compare against long-term storytelling spanning decades... but their versions of these heroes and their world is very satisfying to me and rings really true to what's always made them work. I know this is a TMNT forum, but going super easy on BayTurtles 2 while outright slagging on Marvel Studios feels like a heckuvva double standard.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5202 |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
It's a little deeper than I was expecting. It was decent, had little moments of humour. I can't see it becoming an iconic voice or anything though.
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
#5203 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
|
__________________
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
#5204 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 31
|
I'm looking forward to seeing, his voice is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to, n how he moves around. Garret never disappoints. Thnx for the feed back
|
|
|
|
|
#5205 | ||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
|
Quote:
I read the following on GeekDen and it made a lot of sense to me: Quote:
So making a faithful version of the FW Cartoon really means, not making a comic-faithful adaptation, as the cartoon itself only borrowed elements from early Mirage.
__________________
|
||
|
|
|
|
#5206 |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
In my opinion he looks and moves around great. Exactly what I expected from a "live-action" Krang.
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
#5207 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
But this and the 2014 predecessor aren't even faithful/good Fred Wolf adaptations. They're just terrible movies.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5208 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
|
Quote:
I no longer buy superhero serials, because I feel when they last too long, they end up taking on some drivel they don't need. I would rather watch a movie that succeeds in distilling a property down to its ideal and re-adapting the parts of its original run that were a hit, for the sake of telling self-contained stories.
__________________
![]()
Last edited by Konchadunga; 06-02-2016 at 05:30 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5209 |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
I'm not gonna be one of those people who berates others for not liking something. If you don't like it, fine. Hate it to your heart's content I say. Don't be a dick to those who did and everything will be okay.
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
#5210 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
|
Marvel Zombies are all the like. I don't sweat 'em
|
|
|
|
|
#5211 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
|
How many TV spots is this film gonna have? It's out in 3 days!
|
|
|
|
|
#5212 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
|
Don't watch them then.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.
|
|
|
|
|
#5213 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5214 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
|
I don't know, i've only seen the statues in pictures and I didn't take any notice of the turtles sizes in the movie.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.
|
|
|
|
|
#5215 | |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
Yep, I stay away from TV spots too.
Technically it's already out. There are other countries besides the USA y'know. Quote:
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Last edited by THGhost; 06-01-2016 at 07:53 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5216 | |
|
So Long, Stinktown!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
|
Marvel isn't perfect, it's not like I give them a pass on everything, but overall they make good movies with great characters and solid stories. Ones that please the majority of fans and critics.
Platinum Dunes doesn't do any of that. ![]() Quote:
I dunno. I just find it a bit disconcerting when fans are basically saying "it's a bad movie but the fan-service was decent so I give it a pass". To each their own, absolutely, but to me it's a bit depressing to see standards lowered to meet minimal effort. We could have it so much better.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5217 | |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
Quote:
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5218 |
|
British Bloke
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
|
Has anyone seen these cardboard stands in their cinema?
That's my daughter sitting with the Turtles. https://www.instagram.com/p/BGCdtyzIv_Y/ The cardboard Turtles standing here are around 6ft (same as me). I'm guessing the same scale as the movie. |
|
|
|
|
#5219 | |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
Quote:
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5220 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
Absolutely hilarious to see someone defend the dumpster fire of an adaptation that is BayTurtles and crap on what Marvel's done. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation |
|
|