The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #5441
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
New poster for the movie. Surprised TigerClaw missed it.

https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2...a7BwyC2-10.png
The hands are too big.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #5442
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I did, I have 2 t shirts, I wore the 80s turtles t shirt on Monday and today and wore my Nick Mikey t shirt on Wednesday.
I have two shirts, one is the Mirage style, and the other is the Fred Wolf style, I wore the Mirage style shirt for the 1st movie, so I'll wear the Fred Wolf one for this, since this movie caters to us Fred Wolf fans.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #5443
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Spoiler:
I liked the small nod to the turtle's real life origins when the Police Commissioner is interrogating April and Casey and she asks "Where did the turtles come from?" and Casey answers "New Hampshire".
I smiled
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #5444
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Also

Spoiler:
Was kind of disappointed they didn't tie in the ooze that transformed the turtles being linked to the ooze that transformed Bebop and Rocksteady. They had the perfect set up for it with the whole 'Baxter finding some of Krang's tech' angle but didn't mention it. I guess it can be assumed but still. Slightly random but I liked that they established that the turtles can pull themselves into their shells even though, as Raph points out, it hurts.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #5445
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have two shirts, one is the Mirage style, and the other is the Fred Wolf style, I wore the Mirage style shirt for the 1st movie, so I'll wear the Fred Wolf one for this, since this movie caters to us Fred Wolf fans.
Yeah, wearing a Mirage T-Shirt to this would be not unlike wearing an NRA jacket to a NERF festival.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #5446
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
I really enjoyed the movie. There were a lot of great easter eggs in this movie for long time turtles fans which was nice. Bebop and Rocksteady are not my favorite characters of the franchise in general, but I really enjoyed them in this movie, especially Bebop. I was glad they were done justice in their first live action movie. I was a little worried about Brad Garrett voicing Krang initially. I really like him as Robert in Everybody Loves Raymond, but I was afraid his voice wouldn't work as Krang's high pitched voice from the original cartoon. I thought his voiced did work for Krang in this movie and I was really glad that it did.

On the flip-side, I was really disappointed in Karai, again. That's two movies in a row where she's there, but isn't given anything to do really. She needs to fight Leo at some point in these movies!

Spoiler:
I was trying like heck to see any easter eggs when Shredder got frozen and put away in The Technodrome, but I didn't catch any. From the forum I heard that there is a Triceraton in there somewhere (frozen too I assume?), but I just didn't catch it.

I did catch Kevin Eastman's cameo which was nice to see since his was cut from the previous film. I was disappointed that Judith Hoag's cameo was cut. I think it would have taken place right before or after April's news report towards the end of the movie. I think I noticed those type of table and chairs that they were both sitting at in the photos we saw from the forum however many months ago. I guess it was cut for the ending pace of the movie. It still would have been a very nice easter egg for the fans though. I really hope it's a deleted scene on the DVD/Blu-ray!
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #5447
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Why doesn't Karai fight Leo? The same reason Pepper Potts wouldn't fight The Hulk.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #5448
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
On the flip-side, I was really disappointed in Karai, again. That's two movies in a row where she's there, but isn't given anything to do really.
No, it's three. Unless you count getting knocked out by April O'Neil as something substantial.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #5449
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I'm seeing this movie for the 3rd time now!

It still can't beat my record for 2014 movie yet though (8 times)!
WOW! that's pretty awesome!!! so far i've only saw it once!!!

will see it again tomorrow! .....i'm catching up!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Krang's voice really sucks in this movie. They should have gotten Pat Fraley. Krang's turtles forever voice is better than this one.
i actually thought the voice they had for Krang was pretty good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Spoiler:
I liked the small nod to the turtle's real life origins when the Police Commissioner is interrogating April and Casey and she asks "Where did the turtles come from?" and Casey answers "New Hampshire".
yeah that was awesome!!!
__________________
myconius is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #5450
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No, it's three. Unless you count getting knocked out by April O'Neil as something substantial.
I know it wasn't much, but in TMNT Karai at least had a "tussle" with Leo when those characters first met in the movie. Sadly out of Karai's three movie appearances, that is my favorite and the one that at least shows her fighting a Ninja Turtle, no matter how brief.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #5451
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I know it wasn't much, but in TMNT Karai at least had a "tussle" with Leo when those characters first met in the movie. Sadly out of Karai's three movie appearances, that is my favorite and the one that at least shows her fighting a Ninja Turtle, no matter how brief.
i haven't seen that movie in ages!!! will have to bust it out sometime?
__________________
myconius is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #5452
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't seen that movie in ages!!! will have to bust it out sometime?
Yeah I like that movie quite a bit. But I mean the Karai/Leo "fight" is only about fifteen seconds long. It at least established that Karai can fight a Ninja Turtle and hold her own against him.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #5453
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I know it wasn't much, but in TMNT Karai at least had a "tussle" with Leo when those characters first met in the movie. Sadly out of Karai's three movie appearances, that is my favorite and the one that at least shows her fighting a Ninja Turtle, no matter how brief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't seen that movie in ages!!! will have to bust it out sometime?
Though I don't like it, TMNT 2007 does maintain the distinction of being the best TMNT film beyond the 1990 one. By far.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #5454
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708

__________________
bushido is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #5455
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Did any of you guys wear a TMNT shirt when seeing the movie, I have two, so I'll be sure to wear one of them when seeing the movie tomorrow.
I actually have a whole bunch of TMNT T-shirts!
Even have some from the first movie Turtles and some with Bebop & Rocksteady on it.

So yeah, I will wear a TMNT shirt when I go see the movie.
Two more weeks, then it's out over here!

Here's another collector's print:
SS Kakarot is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #5456
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though I don't like it, TMNT 2007 does maintain the distinction of being the best TMNT film beyond the 1990 one. By far.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #5457
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
Yeah I like that movie quite a bit. But I mean the Karai/Leo "fight" is only about fifteen seconds long. It at least established that Karai can fight a Ninja Turtle and hold her own against him.
But Karai got owned by April (a brightly yellow coloured ninja wannabe) in that movie...

Wait, she also got owned in 2016 by April using a laptop lmfao. I can't.
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #5458
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
I actually have a whole bunch of TMNT T-shirts!
Even have some from the first movie Turtles and some with Bebop & Rocksteady on it.

So yeah, I will wear a TMNT shirt when I go see the movie.
Two more weeks, then it's out over here!

Here's another collector's print:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkC1lVcWkAAzkPX.jpg
Here's the two shirts that I have.

Spoiler:



I'll wear the 2nd one.

The problem is, these shirts are more comfortable to wear when in an air condition room, outside not so much.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #5459
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Both amazing shirts. I wish I could find some but maybe it's better I custom order.
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #5460
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Both amazing shirts. I wish I could find some but maybe it's better I custom order.
I found those two shirts in the Men's section at Walmart.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.