The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #101
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Michael Baked. People know well his films are going to be rotten rubbish. He'll be less than Shamaladingdong in a year.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #102
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Michael Baked. People know well his films are going to be rotten rubbish. He'll be less than Shamaladingdong in a year.
The thing with the PD Turtles movies, though, is Michael Bay can always hide behind the, "Oh, those? I was only a producer," even though it's his name thrown out there in all ads and marketing and neither director of either films. Puppet directors.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #103
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
1. When has Brad Fuller ever produced a good re-make?

2. After ****ing up repeatedly, what's his take home? What's his net worth?

3. He will never admit fault.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #104
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I hate this guy so much. Comparing any Platinum Dunes film to art is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Hahahaha man you are speaking out of my heart! !!Me too
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #105
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
1. When has Brad Fuller ever produced a good re-make?

2. After ****ing up repeatedly, what's his take home? What's his net worth?

3. He will never admit fault.
1. He's never produced a good movie, period. (No, seriously.)

2. More than you or I can likely conceive of.

3. Hahahahahaha, nooope.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #106
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
1. When has Brad Fuller ever produced a good re-make?

2. After ****ing up repeatedly, what's his take home? What's his net worth?

3. He will never admit fault.
Sure he does, "we" are the one's at fault because "we" don't like his interpretations.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #107
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
1. He's never produced a good movie, period. (No, seriously.)

2. More than you or I can likely conceive of.

3. Hahahahahaha, nooope.
I thought people liked the Purge series?

It's not my cup of tea; I'm only familiar with the basic concept...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #108
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I thought people liked the Purge series?

It's not my cup of tea; I'm only familiar with the basic concept...
I've heard the sequel with Frank Grillo is cool. But the first one is literally one of my most miserable theater experiences ever.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #109
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
1. He's never produced a good movie, period. (No, seriously.)
Yeah, I liked the Purge movies. Project Almanac was oh-kay.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #110
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I thought people liked the Purge series?

It's not my cup of tea; I'm only familiar with the basic concept...
It's got its fans, but reviews and audience ratings are pretty... not great...

The gist I've heard is that it's a pretty decent concept but with mediocre execution. And that's easily the best thing he's been involved with.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #111
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,217
Just now read that Fuller interview... holy ****.

Quote:
“I don’t call them fans. They’re haters. And I hear from them all the time,” Fuller said.
Dude, I own Operation Blue Line and We Wish You a Turtles Christmas on vhs. As well as the two-part anime and Casey Jones short on dvd.

I've spent insane amounts of money on tracking down the Mirage magazine size issues. And I printed home made dvd box art for the later seasons of the original cartoon because I couldn't wait to own them all.

I will logistically rearrange my Wednesday or Sunday for the sake of a new IDW or Nick turtles. I have two red eared sliders named Kirby and Spike for god sakes.

But I'm not a fan because I don't like your disrespectful, sacrilegious, ugly Transformers-lite "blockbuster" that you slapped the words "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on?

**** you, mother ****er.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #112
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just now read that Fuller interview... holy ****.



Dude, I own Operation Blue Line and We Wish You a Turtles Christmas on vhs. As well as the two-part anime and Casey Jones short on dvd.

I've spent insane amounts of money on tracking down the Mirage magazine size issues. And I printed home made dvd box art for the later seasons of the original cartoon because I couldn't wait to own them all.

I will logistically rearrange my Wednesday or Sunday for the sake of a new IDW or Nick turtles. I have two red eared sliders named Kirby and Spike for god sakes.

But I'm not a fan because I don't like your disrespectful, sacrilegious, ugly Transformers-lite "blockbuster" that you slapped the words "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on?

**** you, mother ****er.
Well said.

He hears from these people all the time because he obviously isn't doing something right.

I certainly wouldn't call these people haters. TMNT is something near and dear to our hearts and it rubs us the wrong way when we see someone disrespect and crap all over it. Some are just more vocal about it. I do feel the term hater is a tired, overused, juvenile way of labeling someone that doesn't agree with your grand sh!tty vision.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #113
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Screw you, Fuller.

He's only talking like this because he's panicking. His movie is doing badly and it means he won't get as much high-profile work in the future. Good riddance, if this is how he treats the people whom he should be paying a good bit more attention to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #114
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
The general audience is rejecting his movie, and his response is to insult the hardcore fans? So... I guess he doesn't want anyone to want to see these things? Cool. Cool.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #115
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The general audience is rejecting his movie, and his response is to insult the hardcore fans? So... I guess he doesn't want anyone to want to see these things? Cool. Cool.
Sounds like Fant4stic all over again... just without the meltdown.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #116
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
The general movie audience relies heavily on RT scores and reviews before seeing movies.

Sure, when they actually bother to read or watch those reviews or scores. However, no one I know personally or have talked to in the "general audience" does so. They just go to movies they think look "cool". Most people are not concerned with ratings from some critic they don't know or have anything in common with. They would rathwr trust the word of mouth of friends and family. People whose opinions and tastes they already know and trust.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Yes, the second sequel in a series and the umpteenth movie in a connected universe series that opened at 180 million OW and earned over a billion world wide "underperformed."

Compared to Winter Soldier from 2014 which made 95 million OW and 714 million WW.

That blew THIS little bit out of the water good and hard

Complete bullsh*t.

And never mind Deadpool which has the highest box office for an R rated movie EVER, but ALSO opened in February to the tune of 132 million dollars.

February is where movies go to die quietly, especially action movies that get summer releases. And it STILL blew everybody away.

Yes, that's why BayTurtles 2 is failing so hard. It was actually a decent movie but people are just bored of comic book movies now.

That's the reason. Yeah.

Not because it's a sh*t movie or anything.

And yet GotG, a property NO ONE in the general public knew was a thing in any way, and to a lesser extent Deadpool, who has some cult status but still isn't like a Wolverine or Spider-Man, completely exploded at the box office.

The fact is this movie, with no REAL competition this weekend, in June, just bombed at the box office opening weekend.

Because it's bad.

Wow. Once again you take everything I said and turn it backwards to prove your own "point". Why am I not surprised. Yes those movies made money. Did they make as much as they COULD have? For most the answer is no. BvS in particular, but also the X-Films, especially Apocolypse. Deadpool was, as I said, a novelty. A superhero movie for ADULTS. It made so much because it was meant for an older audience, and that drew people in for the "shock" factor of a superhero who swears, gleefully kills bad guys, is not shy about sex or nudity, and basically does everything guys like Superman or Spiderman NEVER would. People were curious and it was a refreshing change. An unfiltered a$$h*le who is also a sulerhero.

Contrast this with the plrtrayal of Bats and Supes- both were darker than we are used to. But in their case it made fans and casual watchers uncomfortable. And they took the dive for it. X-Men was one of the better installatikns of that franchise so why didn't it do well? Because people are getting tired of the series. It's gone on long enough to have changed actors. That should tell you something right there. Same with the new Star Trek verse. It's just not the same, and that turns people off. (Not superheroes, but since we seem to be including sci-fi here it is relevant.)

Again, NONE of the people I know aside from one or two diehard fans are excited or even particularly interested in superhero movies anymore. They are burned out on comic book movies. You say it will happen eventually- but after over a decade and a half of big budget CBMs, I say it already IS happening. This is coming from TALKING to people about these movies. They just don't get excited or even care about seeing them! (And some of them are actually fans of the characters so if even they don't care then obviously the fatigue has set in.)

And whether you care or not doesn't make it any less true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
This.

Why did we need a 5 minute 'action(?)' scene of them getting to basketball game?Why the hell were they on the top of the Empire State building? Why not start with them just 'stealthily' sneaking into the jumbo-tron. It was a 'cool' scene, but added nothing to the movie.
Someone obviously didn't watch that scene closely enough- or just doesn't know their landmark buildings. That was the Chrystler Building NOT the Empire State! I'd think having Mikey incite a pile-up on one of the falcon gargoyles would be enough to make that clear. Or that wide shot panning in on them on the art-deco spire.....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #117
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post



Someone obviously didn't watch that scene closely enough- or just doesn't know their landmark buildings. That was the Chrystler Building NOT the Empire State! I'd think having Mikey incite a pile-up on one of the falcon gargoyles would be enough to make that clear. Or that wide shot panning in on them on the art-deco spire.....
Thanks for the clarification. I'm Canadian.

Outside of me not knowing which buildings are which in the New York skyline... They really had no business being up there. lol
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #118
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshaw View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I'm Canadian.

Outside of me not knowing which buildings are which in the New York skyline... They really had no business being up there. lol
So how do you explain them constantly running around on rooftops in Nick or 2K3 series? They've ALWAYS spentba lot of time in high places- I imagine it's a nice change from looking UP at the world from a sewer grate.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #119
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
So how do you explain them constantly running around on rooftops in Nick or 2K3 series? They've ALWAYS spentba lot of time in high places- I imagine it's a nice change from looking UP at the world from a sewer grate.
To be fair, in those shows they're generally shown rooftop-hopping across much smaller buildings, not the tallest skyscrapers in midtown.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #120
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,217
I've always envisioned the majority of TMNT action as taking place in the Bronx, maybe some of the northern Manhattan neighborhoods.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bomb, tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.