![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 77
|
Anyone know all of the songs parodied in the OT Howie episodes?
So I rewatched the two Howie episodes from season 4, Name That Toon and Menace, Maestro, Please, and I wondered again what the songs are that Howie parodies. As an oldies buff, I recognized a couple, but most of them leave me baffled.
Why Can't I Be a Teenager With a Shell? - parody of Why Must I Be a Teenage in Love? I recognize the melody of the song he plays when the Turtles fight with Bebop and Rocksteady in his apartment, but I don't know what it's called. The song he plays on the pipe organ sounds like a parody of Great Balls of Fire. And everything else I have no clue on. I especially wonder what song he's parodying for The Phantom of the Floxy. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
I don't think I've ever seen one of the episodes featuring him, all I know about him is that James Rolfe said he's possibly the worst TMNT character ever. Would you agree with that statement?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
|
In Menace Maestro Please when:
Howie sings: "I worked with an alien whose name is Irk!" Raphael sings "If Shredder gets that spaceship, you'll be a big jerk!" It's probably just me but the melody in that sounds like "Do wah ditty ditty dum ditty do" by Mandred Mann.
__________________
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@Icebot7/videos Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Icebot251 |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
He's in "Name That Toon" and "Menace Maestro Please". They aired over TV 1000.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
Yeah. Yeah, I guess he is!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
|
"Hot Time In The Old Town Tonight" is also parodied as a fight song in "Name That Toon" as well.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
|
I never had a problem with Howie.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Most of the Howie songs are just terrible that it's a relief when Rocksteady takes his keyboard and says "I hate songs written in C sharp."
However, his "Heroes in a Halfshell" take is actually really catchy, and very comparable to the "Pizza Power" remix that plays in the Turtles in Time arcade intro opening! Wouldn't surprise me if it might have even been written by Chuck Lorre as an alternative theme song that was never used! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gaEmR7MXxM#t=17m21s
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
|
100% absolutely worse. Ogg at least gave us Shredder, the art collector.
__________________
Final Boss of translation group Opentrain. We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff. http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quite right!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
I didn't have a prob with Howie, but Mr. Ogg was terribly annoying, imo.
Last edited by ssjup81; 11-15-2016 at 11:54 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
|
Quote:
Ogg.. yeah, I can't stand that episode even though Pee-wee Herman was a childhood favorite as well. Just cringeworthy on so many levels. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
A Teenager in Love
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Teenager_in_Love |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 77
|
Thanks for the help with the songs, people!
I sort of wondered if this topic might wander off into complaints about Howie if I posted it, but I took the chance anyway. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
|
I re-watched these episodes after seeing this thread. Now I've been singing "Heroes in a half-shell, they ain't no enchilada" In my head over and over, and over, and over...
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man! ![]() "I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
|
IKR?? That episode was the last in the block before my station went back to the first episode so I was left with a feeling of "Awesome finale!" and "No wonder they waited to air these!!"
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 77
|
Quote:
__________________
https://sites.google.com/site/exittheflytmnt1987/ My TMNT 1987 verse. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
|
I never had a problem with Howie. Whoever came up and voiced the character did a terrific job. Having said that what I found annoying at times was he would use the worst moments to launch into a song. I think that was supposed to be annoying intentionally, the songs and singing voice was great though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 77
|
LOL. Yeah, I think that was part of the point and the humor, that he picked the worst possible moments to make up a song. Especially the fighting song. ("Ninja Turtles, fighting through my song!" LOL.)
__________________
https://sites.google.com/site/exittheflytmnt1987/ My TMNT 1987 verse. |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
I have no problems with him.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|