The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #2701
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
The only thing that concerns me with this final, is that Mikey and Leo won't be getting enough screen time, it seems to just focus on Donnie and Raph.

I'm also worried that Mikey won't be doing much, like fighting and have some big moments because he's gotten quite old.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #2702
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Hmm...suddenly the "younger, lighter feel" for the next series makes more sense.
i sometimes wonder if Nick is shocked at how 'violent' the new series got...and feels they made a mistake with this new team? this has to be the most serious show they've done to this point.

Now I can't help but wonder if they are trying to back track a bit to make it fit in with other nick shows a little more.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #2703
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
What if he's in the finale but dies during it?
UGH! Either way I'll be ticked.

He should get = amount of focus, they all should. It's the flipping final episode.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #2704
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
In a way I wonder if this should have been the arc with 4 eps but then at the same time it's so depressing maybe not.
Leo is being kept under wraps, we won't know what they are likely to do with him yet.
As for Mikey, I wonder if that's why they gave him his moments to shine in season 5 because he'll be frail in this one, still he could make a contribution, just not with physical fighting.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #2705
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
The only thing that concerns me with this final, is that Mikey and Leo won't be getting enough screen time, it seems to just focus on Donnie and Raph.

I'm also worried that Mikey won't be doing much, like fighting and have some big moments because he's gotten quite old.
And I suppose this was perfectly fine when Raph didn't get much screen time in the monster arc or when Raph was a background character and did very little for nearly the entire series.

Mikey has done loads of awesome stuff and saved the day a lot this season. Stop being a hypocrite.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #2706
BYWInsaniac
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i sometimes wonder if Nick is shocked at how 'violent' the new series got...and feels they made a mistake with this new team? this has to be the most serious show they've done to this point.

Now I can't help but wonder if they are trying to back track a bit to make it fit in with other nick shows a little more.
As serious as TMNT could get, I don't think it ever matched Legend of Korra's later seasons. Even on TMNT's darkest day, there was still levity to be had. I mean, this happened as the world was literally being ripped to pieces:

Spoiler:
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #2707
NikitaZhukov
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ulyanovsk, Russia
Posts: 50
I like all 4 turtles, but seriously, Leo and Mikey stole the whole freaking show with first's stale heroic solo acts and second's stale "save the day" moments. It's about time Donnie and Raph come out of their brothers' shadows because these two are crazy and, according to Raph, crazy wins the wasteland.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #2708
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
The only thing that concerns me with this final, is that Mikey and Leo won't be getting enough screen time, it seems to just focus on Donnie and Raph.

I'm also worried that Mikey won't be doing much, like fighting and have some big moments because he's gotten quite old.
Even though i have a feeling Leo will hardly be in it, i at least hope he didnt die.

Also, anyone else getting a fallout vibe from the finale?
__________________

Last edited by Ashwolf; 09-17-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #2709
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
And I suppose this was perfectly fine when Raph didn't get much screen time in the monster arc or when Raph was a background character and did very little for nearly the entire series.

Mikey has done loads of awesome stuff and saved the day a lot this season. Stop being a hypocrite.

Everyone has their favorite, it's not hypocritical to want your own fave turtle to get some focus. And Raph has had plenty of focus/moments himself.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #2710
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
I like all 4 turtles, but seriously, Leo and Mikey stole the whole freaking show with first's stale heroic solo acts and second's stale "save the day" moments. It's about time Donnie and Raph come out of their brothers' shadows because these two are crazy and, according to Raph, crazy wins the wasteland.
I feel like the writers normally leaned into Leo and Donnie as the lead characters, rather than Leo/Mike.

But yeah, Raph was definitely the runt of this series, glad to see him as the focal point of the last 3 episodes.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #2711
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
I like all 4 turtles, but seriously, Leo and Mikey stole the whole freaking show with first's stale heroic solo acts and second's stale "save the day" moments. It's about time Donnie and Raph come out of their brothers' shadows because these two are crazy and, according to Raph, crazy wins the wasteland.
If it was just another couple of episodes in between seasons I'd be fine with this but it's the flipping final.

I watched a few season five episodes and I didn't notice Leo hogging all the screen time.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #2712
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
And I suppose this was perfectly fine when Raph didn't get much screen time in the monster arc or when Raph was a background character and did very little for nearly the entire series.

Mikey has done loads of awesome stuff and saved the day a lot this season. Stop being a hypocrite.
Wow I can't believe you moaning about the monster arc and try to compare it with the final. Anyway Mikey was more of a background character in the Crossover arc and I didn't moan.

I wasn't being a hypocrite, this final is special, so all 4 turtles should have equal screen time and all have big moments.

None of them should have less screen time.

I'm just worried that, due to Mikey being a lot older he won't be able to do much. he may get hurt easily or dies easily.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 09-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #2713
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
What if he's in the finale but dies during it?
Fair point! Depends on the death but I'd probably still be upset. I really want all 4 of the guys to make it through this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
this final is special, so all 4 turtles should have equal screen time and all have big moments.
Gotta agree with this. It's great when any of the guys (or any of the supporting cast) get focus for an episode or story arc but for the finale they all need a share of the focus and a moment to shine since this is the end.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #2714
JH24
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 470
At this stage I'm already relieved Mikey is going to be in it.

Mikey may still have his own role to play. He is kind and understanding.

He's always willing to make new friends and he may be able to connect to others and gain someone's trust.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #2715
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior
 
Tarris Vaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Cullompton, Devon
Posts: 505
Im expecting none of the 4 to make it through the final personally.

I've explained that I believe a time travel reset is a likely end scenario and that the characters will be working towards achieving that end - but I would expect it to be achieved only at a high price. All 4 going down before the reset seems like a reasonable way to achieve that and still end on a happy note with a 'dark future' averted (probably with hints that it may not be as averted as they'd like)
__________________
Help animate the Sedisverse - Kickstarter at;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #2716
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
One thing I forgot to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
And I suppose this was perfectly fine when Raph didn't get much screen time in the monster arc
Raph had plenty of screen time in the monster arc.

He was in every scene with the Turtles and Renet in the 1st 2 episodes.

In the 3rd episode, I counted 2 scenes he wasn't in with the others but he was in scenes with the bad guys instead.

In the 4th episode he was with the others until middle of the episode when he escapes and has a scene with the bad guys but then he's with everyone in the final battle.

Raph still had plenty of screen time in 3rd and 4th episode of the Monster Arc than Donnie did in The Broken Foot.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 09-17-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #2717
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Im expecting none of the 4 to make it through the final personally.

I've explained that I believe a time travel reset is a likely end scenario and that the characters will be working towards achieving that end - but I would expect it to be achieved only at a high price. All 4 going down before the reset seems like a reasonable way to achieve that and still end on a happy note with a 'dark future' averted (probably with hints that it may not be as averted as they'd like)
So something like the end of Wolfs Rain where all the characters are killed off at the end and then inexplicably they are shown in a world that is alive and whole once more.

The gist of Wolfs Rain is there is a group of Wolfs that are on a journey with a girl who is genetically engineered from a flower in an apocalyptic wasteland searching for paradise. And the flower girl is the key to paradise. As the story concludes all the characters systematically are killed off and it looks as though they didn't succeed at reaching paradise. But then the moment inexplicably shifts to a city where everything is free from wasteland and each of the wolves (Who can appear as humans for some strange reason) are shown.

Which leaves more questions then answers because it's like did they all die, and this is the afterlife. Because paradise is another way of saying heaven. Or is this really the paradise they were trying to get.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #2718
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
What if the wasteland is real, all of it, and they all die but then there is a flash back to the past, some key element that kicked it all off, and you see one of the turtles stumble across something like an ingredient or devise (either at the end of the end credits) and say 'hmmm what's this'...then messing with it .... but it finishes there leaving us to wonder if they changed the future or not.
You know rather than have the lord of the rings 3 extended happy endings.
Still depressing to me though I don't need extended happy ever afters but but happier than I think we are getting.

Last edited by newfan; 09-17-2017 at 11:54 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #2719
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
What if the map leads to something to change the future itself? What if maybe there was an object Renet left to help change the future so even if she isn't in the arc, she could still play a role? Or Fugitoid? I know there are people who want the dark gritty ending of all of them dying, but I just don't want that. It would really break me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #2720
Hardshell
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 106
Someone at Toonzone who worked on TMNT posted the production order for the 5th season:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threa...#post-85665821
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
season 5


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.