The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 12:04 PM   #321
Turnstone
Stone Warrior
 
Turnstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 743
I was able to get a full set the first time it was stocked at my Target. They then sold out but currently re-stocked. There are at least three complete sets now. The ambassador for that store does a great job as the shelves are always neatly stocked full and organized.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:04 PM   #322
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I was able to get a full set the first time it was stocked at my Target. They then sold out but currently re-stocked. There are at least three complete sets now. The ambassador for that store does a great job as the shelves are always neatly stocked full and organized.
The ambassador does not stock the shelves.
I'm the one for my local Target and NECA told me that we are not to do that.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:07 PM   #323
Turnstone
Stone Warrior
 
Turnstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 743
My mistake. In any case, the stores are restocking them.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #324
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Awesome! What location in STL? Glad to see these are finally getting around out here. Support the drome and screw the scalpers!
I'm across the river, and this was at the Glen Carbon Target. I'm sure they don't miss my daily calls to electronics!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #325
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 712
Quick question for those in the States, particularly NY.

My wife is going to NY at the end of April on a college trip. How likely is it that she might find a twin pack there? At a Gamestop? I Googled Gamestop in NY and there are quite a lot of stores.

I obviously keep hearing on here about stocking issues, so I don't want to send her on a wild goose chase if there is likely nothing there to purchase.

Any ideas? Thanks.
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #326
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior
 
tmntfannumerouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Quick question for those in the States, particularly NY.

My wife is going to NY at the end of April on a college trip. How likely is it that she might find a twin pack there? At a Gamestop? I Googled Gamestop in NY and there are quite a lot of stores.

I obviously keep hearing on here about stocking issues, so I don't want to send her on a wild goose chase if there is likely nothing there to purchase.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Two packs are target exclusives. The 90’s movie turtles are Gamestop. So which ones are you looking for? April Fools?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #327
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Quick question for those in the States, particularly NY.

My wife is going to NY at the end of April on a college trip. How likely is it that she might find a twin pack there? At a Gamestop? I Googled Gamestop in NY and there are quite a lot of stores.

I obviously keep hearing on here about stocking issues, so I don't want to send her on a wild goose chase if there is likely nothing there to purchase.

Any ideas? Thanks.
God, please tell me you clicked on a thread w/ "Target" in the title and asked this.
__________________
Welcome to the toy and collectible discussion!

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:34 AM   #328
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior
 
D Piddy 1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 712
Yep, typo on my part. Just did a quick post as I was leaving work last night and didn't double check it. Sorry if it offended anyone...

I mean Target. Are there even any in Manhattan?

I guess my question would also stand for the movie Turtles at Gamestop. Do I tell her not to bother looking as it's unlikely she'll find anything at Gamestop OR Target?
__________________
Twitter handle: @D_Piddy1982

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #329
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I guess my question would also stand for the movie Turtles at Gamestop. Do I tell her not to bother looking as it's unlikely she'll find anything at Gamestop OR Target?
You can check a Gamestop store's inventory online searching an item by Zip code. In my experience, this inventory is accurate maybe 50% of the time. I think the Movie Turtles are pretty much wiped out everywhere, but it's worth checking online before randomly searching stores.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #330
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 722
I have these already, but I checked another Target today to see if they had any and I saw just one set left of Raph and Foot Solider so these seem to be selling pretty good. Meanwhile, I still see wave 1 of the new TMNT figures on the pegs everywhere that I've looked from Germantown, WI to Bayview, Milwaukee, smh. I wonder because they aren't selling that good in my area is why wave 1 is still there and they won't be getting a wave 2 around here until they sell better...IDK.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #331
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
I finally got mine today, shoutout to VaughnMichael who helped me get them. These are awesome figures.
I'm very happy they got to you ok!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #332
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Happy for those who have been fortunate enough to get their hands on them.

On my end, they once again renovated the NECA section... to make room for Game of Thrones stuff, not TMNT.

The staff member I spoke to said they do NOT expect to get any of them in anytime soon, if ever, in part because they would "definitely" have heard about it by now. They know for a fact they are getting lots more GoT and horror movie figures, but "We honestly don't expect to get any more of the Ninja Turtles figures. We only ever got the one shipment, and if they were going to ship us more we definitely would have heard about it by now. You're probably best off going on eBay. You can feel free to check in every day but I honestly don't think we'll be getting more in."

Sigh.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #333
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
Leo, just tell Randy on twitter which location you are at.
__________________
Welcome to the toy and collectible discussion!

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #334
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I may be exposing my age here, but I don't have Twitter.

I'm not sweating it, just venting about the semi-absurdity. Awesome toys or not, they're still just toys. I do firmly believe that things in life happen, at least to some degree, as they are meant to. If I'm meant to have them, they'll present themselves.

Or I'll get desperate and blow my tax refund on eBay. Could go either way!

My wife has often pointed out, though, that things often only go my way once I've completely given up on them. So maybe I should just stop caring, and then "like magic" they might show up again when I least expect it. It's certainly happened countless times before.

We shall see.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #335
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
Welp, I live a social media free life, with the one exception of a twitter account only used for communicating to NECA and NECA Customer Service once or twice a year. So, I more than understand your social media free lifestyle and fully endorse it.
__________________
Welcome to the toy and collectible discussion!

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #336
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I have a Facebook for my wrestling stuff, since that's the only way anyone stays in touch anymore. But I mostly ignore my FB because literally all anyone on there talks about is wrestling and politics and it's exhausting. So I mostly just use to remind myself to wish people "Happy Birthday" and that's it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:00 AM   #337
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The staff member I spoke to said they do NOT expect to get any of them in anytime soon, if ever, in part because they would "definitely" have heard about it by now. They know for a fact they are getting lots more GoT and horror movie figures, but "We honestly don't expect to get any more of the Ninja Turtles figures. We only ever got the one shipment, and if they were going to ship us more we definitely would have heard about it by now. You're probably best off going on eBay. You can feel free to check in every day but I honestly don't think we'll be getting more in."

Sigh.
For what it's worth, I was told pretty much the same thing a couple times by a particular staffer at my Target who I think was just tired of people calling in to ask about stock. Sure enough, we got 3-4 sets last week. Keep at it, I think NECA knows these are a hot item and are going to continue stocking them for a while yet.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #338
Shedder
Hench Mutant
 
Shedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 297
Got mine as well as the Gamestop Movie TMNT and love them.
VaughnMichael was awesome in helping me get these as there was no way other then the bays extreme prices.
Thanks again man
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #339
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
I still have 2 sets of these that I need to get rid of. See my B/S/T post for more info on how you can get them with a $50 dromer discount from my site (retail cost). Already delivered a few sets to dromers here in the last 2 weeks.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #340
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I still have 2 sets of these that I need to get rid of. See my B/S/T post for more info on how you can get them with a $50 dromer discount from my site (retail cost). Already delivered a few sets to dromers here in the last 2 weeks.
A dromer' discount? Rad. I'll check your site to see if these are still available in a few weeks.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.