The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #201
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I second this. Also, close to #77's completion could we get a teaser of a list of characters?
Nooooo spoilers!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:26 AM   #202
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Will all the issues be available to purchase digitally? and if so. When can we get all of them?
Old 06-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #203
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is there a way to contact Steve Murphy to ask him questions about the run that don't have the answer, "Wait until Forever War is published". I just finished rereading the run today and doubt many dromers could fill in the blanks I have or may not care to entertain them.

Spoiler:
Also. who is that supposed to be with April,Ninjara, and Golani at #73's end? It looks like the controversial ally Carter from TMNT (1987).
Old 06-02-2020, 09:30 PM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Is there a way to contact Steve Murphy to ask him questions about the run that don't have the answer, "Wait until Forever War is published". I just finished rereading the run today and doubt many dromers could fill in the blanks I have or may not care to entertain them.
There is but he doesn't remember anything. So it would be fruitless.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Also. who is that supposed to be with April,Ninjara, and Golani at #73's end? It looks like the controversial ally Carter from TMNT (1987).
A new character. Two, actually.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:36 PM   #205
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

I thought he might have been Future Leonardo's student, Miles.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #206
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I thought he might have been Future Leonardo's student, Miles.
Definitely no.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #207
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I recall eading he did not remember where he was headed with the storyline. This was the only thing I could dig up. It has been dead since March 2014.
http://containstracesof.blogspot.com/?m=1

I had questions like,why the alias? Was April the competent martial artist a reaction to her constant role of damsel in distress in the 1987 cartoon? Was there a clear background in mind for Null? Once the Mutanimals ongoing did not gain traction with readers you decided to kill them off. What lead to the drastic decision? Among others.

New character? Ah,okay. I knew he had not appeared in Archie before so I was curious if there was any reference for the character elsewhere. I caved and got #73 when upgrading, but will hold out for the rest.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #208
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I was wondering. If Chris Allan was onboard for this, would it tempt him to finish the Ninjara: Seed of Destruction comics and make a TPB of the chapters that were in "that" magazine with the new ones?
I mean, it's kinda part of the Archie comic in a way, and it's an unfinished project so...

I never read it but maybe if there was some edit to the gratuitous nudity and useless swears, it can be good.

Last edited by Diorm; 06-09-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #209
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
I was wondering. If Chris Allan was onboard for this, would it tempt him to finish the Ninjara: Seed of Destruction comics and make a TPB of the chapters that were in "that" magazine with the new ones?
I mean, it's kinda part of the Archie comic in a way, and it's an unfinished project so...

I never read it but maybe if there was some edit to the gratuitous nudity and useless swears, it can be good.
I've read that not finishing the Ninjara story was one of his big regrets, so maybe we'll get that later on.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #210
Kyo Hisagi
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post

Asked him the same thing on a convention he answered something like "Now I have much more free time so maybe, maybe". Let's wait and hope. Definitely after finishing Forever War and covers for Russian editions of Archie collected editions.
Kyo Hisagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #211
dragonside
Hench Mutant

just bought the ash cans! i'm so excited to read them!
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I've read that not finishing the Ninjara story was one of his big regrets, so maybe we'll get that later on.
I'm definitely pushing for that.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #213
Turtle_Bot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
You can email me for the details: demon-alukard@hotmail.com
We are working on the new pages little by little, a bit slowly when I expected in the beginning, but anyway. Now it mostly depends on Chris Allan's speed. I still hope to finish the story in 2020.
hellooooooooooo.....

Turtle_Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #214
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

Today I recieved and read the ashcans.

Guys, this is SO good. The 'Adventures' Turtles have always been my Turtles, and Allan one of my favourite artists. I felt like I was 10 again reading this, no comic has made me feel that way in years. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the thing finished.

There were a few things I noticed to be fixed, though. A few typos or areas where the dialogue might flow a little better. Also a pretty big art continuity error. You guys are probably already all over these, but I'm happy to point them out in a DM if you like.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #215
miecook25
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
Today I recieved and read the ashcans.

Guys, this is SO good. The 'Adventures' Turtles have always been my Turtles, and Allan one of my favourite artists. I felt like I was 10 again reading this, no comic has made me feel that way in years. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the thing finished.

There were a few things I noticed to be fixed, though. A few typos or areas where the dialogue might flow a little better. Also a pretty big art continuity error. You guys are probably already all over these, but I'm happy to point them out in a DM if you like.
Just out of curiosity are you located in the U.S.? mine were shipped the end of April, and I am still waiting for them.
miecook25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:49 AM   #216
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

I'm in the UK and also had a huge delay. About a month after estimated delivery. The seller was amazing about it, though.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #217
Rhio2k
Random Punk

I assume hardcovers/softcover collected digests will be available when the complete run is finished...so, have the individual issues finished?
Rhio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #218
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Do we have an update on the likely release of the hardcover and softcover editions? Have not heard anything about this wonderful project in a couple of months so I was looking for any update. Also, would this be considered official cannon or optional similar to how Image was given a fan fiction ending then got a legit one later. This would be consider the latter,legit,right?
Old 07-20-2020, 12:34 AM   #219
Leo656
The Franchise

It would not say "Archie Comics" on the ledger, so 100% non-canon. Merely, "As good as it will ever be" because an official version is simply not ever gonna happen. So, "Close enough to being official" without officially being official.

If Archie ever decided to publish their own version, then that would supersede this one even if it had an entirely different creative team, merely by being an official publication under the same corporate ownership.

They never will, though, so it's "safe" to take this as canon. While keeping in the back of one's mind that there's a 1% chance that someday it won't be.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 AM   #220
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

When it comes to stuff like this; Odyssey, Forever War, the Sea3on webcomic, etc., I've always held the opinion that in the absence of an official word on the matter, I will take what exists. Of course, there's also the matter that without the "official" version making any more installments, arguning canon or non-canon is kind of a moot point since there isn't anything to actually contradict it. Take it if you like it, leave it if you don't.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forever war, never say never