The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #881
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think/hope Cube's main complaint is that these kids aren't even attempting to change their voices to sound like these characters they're portraying, and not just using their regular speaking voices.

But I mean, they're kids. They probably don't know how to do that yet.
Unfortunately, it's also one of the down sides of this trend of just hiring regular actors to voice characters, esp favoring celebrity names like this movie is doing a TON of, rather than casting people who make their whole career as vocally talented VAs who have that particular skill set and the ability to give their voice variation.

We've gone from the likes of Cam Clarke (who I still can't wrap my head around some characters he's done are all the same guy!) to, say, Ben Swartz who took something away from my viewing of the Sonic movies because all I heard the entire time was Rise Leo and couldn't ignore it, since it's a very spacific voice and presentation...and done exactly the same.

If any of these kids have the real skill of a VA, I guess time will tell. But I doubt they'll ever even be encouraged to try.



Edit: In other news, my typical fail Walmart surprised me and actually has the toys AND put them out what I think is a little early? Well call me shocked. The only other thing I particularly wanted, aside from the basic Leo via Target, was that cowboy one. Wish those were sold separately, but they had the 4 pack out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-14-2023 at 02:10 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 02:22 PM   #882
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412


smdh...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 02:29 PM   #883
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Not sure they could go any further with the teenager focus, eesh.

Please please please let this now be a "been done already" thing, now that it's the third thong that had to focus on that part of the title, and move on to focusing on the ninja part again... Please? Though I guess there is no telling how long a related series will go on for. I hope other older versions (aside from just comics) can still be allowed to exist alongside it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 02:58 PM   #884
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
I mean… I "get" the art style a bit better when they say it's meant to look like the artwork of a teenager… But off-putting by design is still off-putting.

Also… The irony is that I've heard Kevin Eastman's art criticised for looking like a teenager made it, so... Yeah… Why not just copy Kevin Eastman's art style in that case? It's not like anyone would claim the characters were made uglier than they used to be in that case.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 08:37 AM   #885
Shinningbolt
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: United states
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post


smdh...
Bet you all regret how 80’s kids on FW familiarity made vol4 2k3 and imagi go down now, but even then I do think Pete could’ve been a little less accommodating and less perclusive to his favor like allowing the use of Archie in 2k3 as a sort of middle ground it would’ve given it a lot more to draw from
Shinningbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #886
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
The good early reactions & Guillermo del toro’s high recommendation makes me feel high hopes for the movie.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:58 AM   #887
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
The good early reactions & Guillermo del toro’s high recommendation makes me feel high hopes for the movie.
Is Guillermo del Toro even a TMNT fan?

“I love how modern it feels”, says Erik Davis. So basically the turtles are a bunch of awkward tiktok soyboys? Is that what he’s implying? Yippee…

The producers also didn’t like the idea of the turtles being portrayed as their usual “hulking, ripped” selves. They’ve been muscular since the original Mirage comics. Who cares if it’s not realistic? They’re talking mutant turtles who fight like ninjas for crying out loud!
__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 10:57 AM   #888
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Honestly, just make a 80's TMNT animated movie. He-Man/She-Ra got one, Transformers got one, Gi Joe got one, the original (cartoon) TMNT are long over due. Especially while the voice actors are still alive.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:42 PM   #889
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
The producers also didn’t like the idea of the turtles being portrayed as their usual “hulking, ripped” selves. They’ve been muscular since the original Mirage comics. Who cares if it’s not realistic? They’re talking mutant turtles who fight like ninjas for crying out loud!
God forbid they get brave and go the other way, making themselves comfortable with it by making them older for once.

"These aren't your father's 5-year-old's Ninja Turtles!"
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 01:41 PM   #890
Shinningbolt
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: United states
Posts: 22
Kinda fitting that Jackie Chan is apart of this if you know the truth about him that westerners don’t usually see to get him canceled
Shinningbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:20 PM   #891
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly, just make a 80's TMNT animated movie. He-Man/She-Ra got one, Transformers got one, Gi Joe got one, the original (cartoon) TMNT are long over due. Especially while the voice actors are still alive.
Oh come now who wants to see that I’m joking ofc cause hell yes I wanna see that
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:47 PM   #892
Mad Dog McMutt
Stone Warrior
 
Mad Dog McMutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly, just make a 80's TMNT animated movie. He-Man/She-Ra got one, Transformers got one, Gi Joe got one, the original (cartoon) TMNT are long over due. Especially while the voice actors are still alive.
I would love to see a movie like that. I think that it would have made a ton of more money for Nick than these new turtles.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:50 PM   #893
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
The producers also didn’t like the idea of the turtles being portrayed as their usual “hulking, ripped” selves. They’ve been muscular since the original Mirage comics. Who cares if it’s not realistic? They’re talking mutant turtles who fight like ninjas for crying out loud!
Thank goodness for that. The Turtles were never meant to be meatheads, in the original comics they are lean and ripped, not Hulk-looking and on steroids like all the modern statues like the most recent from PCS depicted. I mean, "hulking" implies that look. Which the TMNT were not; not in the original comic or cartoon. If you just meant ripped, toned, lean... then, okay.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:52 PM   #894
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Thank goodness for that. The Turtles were never meant to be meatheads, in the original comics they are lean and ripped, not Hulk-looking and on steroids like all the modern statues like the most recent from PCS depicted. I mean, "hulking" implies that look. Which the TMNT were not; not in the original comic or cartoon. If you just meant ripped, toned, lean... then, okay.
At least they had some muscle in the original comics. These turtles basically have noodle arms, which I doubt you’d have if you spent your whole life training to be a ninja.

__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:16 PM   #895
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
At least they had some muscle in the original comics. These turtles basically have noodle arms, which I doubt you’d have if you spent your whole life training to be a ninja.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/100dc6df...5st9o1_500.png
Yes, they did have well-defined muscles. These new Turtles are definitely very slender and I see your point in that respect. What I really like about the designs, in general, is the solid connection from plastron to shell. For me, it's important that aspect of real-life turtles is physically represented in our four guys.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:32 PM   #896
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Del Toro is a peculiar guy, so who knows how his opinion relates to that of normal people, much less TMNT old school fans.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 09:58 PM   #897
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I always go with Dolby Cinema 2D unless the film has IMAX footage, then I go to our full-size IMAX.

I really don't think 3D is worth it most of the time, but occasionally it can be. I thought Avatar 2 in 3D made great use of it.

Most films don't design for 3D and it's more of an afterthought. The glasses are also a poor experience at least for me.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:27 AM   #898
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
few featurette

Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 02:51 PM   #899
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think i'll watch it in 4D.
I'm not sure we can view anything existing in a 4th dimension quite yet. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
The glasses are also a poor experience at least for me.
I've never seen anything in 3D, assuming that trying to wear 3D glasses over top of regular glasses, if they even fit, would suck for viewing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 03:53 PM   #900
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm not sure we can view anything existing in a 4th dimension quite yet. lol
You are correct, but the theaters that do the screenings with scents and mists in the air and rumble packs in the seats call those showings "4D" because 4>3 I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I've never seen anything in 3D, assuming that trying to wear 3D glasses over top of regular glasses, if they even fit, would suck for viewing.
It's really not an issue you can just slide them down over your regular glasses during the 3D scenes.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, cuckatello, leatherhead, mondo cucko, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.